Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Quake 3's most shittiest weapon

Y'know what? The Proximity Mine from Q3 Team Arena. It is almost useless when playing through single player unless you manage to plant it on someone's body and it's totally useless in multiplayer because you just can't manage to get a shot!

Also, the Grenade launcher from Q3. Who needs that? I mean, if you're trying to be stealthy, it's okay. But that is not the case when it comes to multiplayer. Cuz', everyone starts sprinting all of a sudden that it is nearly impossible to get a shot!

I am not implying that the weapons in the games are bad, but I do not recommend stealth weapons like these in fast paced games. It somewhat ruins the experience.

Can we include Quake Champions? Because holy BALLS I suck hardcore with the nailguns. I can fire at people five feet away and most of the nails will hit the wall behind them like some loony toons cartoon. Anyone in agreement or am I just terribad?

1 minute ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Can we include Quake Champions? Because holy BALLS I suck hardcore with the nailguns. I can fire at people five feet away and most of the nails will hit the wall behind them like some loony toons cartoon. Anyone in agreement or am I just terribad?

The nailgun from Quake 4 was slow as fuck as well. So yeah I agree.,

GL in Q3:

1. Hear someone duking it out in a room.

2. Throw them a few pineapples as you pass by.

3. Forget about them.

4. Have a laugh at an unexpected frag while doing something else.

Edited by Da Werecat

Grenade launcher can be a good thing (rare cases) or a bad thing (most of the cases)

Grenades were fantastic for area denial, nailgun/plasma was weird.  Nailgun fired too slow to be effective outside of very close range and plasma was somehow fast but still hard to use at all.

The proximity launcher in Team Arena was useful in singleplayer because the bots had specific paths right down the middle of hallways so you could lay a few down and know they will walk right into them. They blow up after a specific time regardless so they are still pretty bad.

The grenade launcher is dumb both from a gameplay perspective and from an aesthetic point of view; its a pistol. Thats what it is.

Grenade launcher hands down. As stated above it has its uses but is essentially the least useful weapon in practical situations.

Just now, cyan0s1s said:

The machine gun, what a pile of junk. Looks like junk too.

It can be used pretty well if you have good aiming skills and are able to lock on enemies.

I don't really find any of the weapons enjoyable to use in Quake 3. The exact opposite thing happens when I play Unreal Tournament.

its funny how subjective that is; i was the opposite - found all the UT (original game) guns to be oddly floaty and unsatisfying! give me the shotgun, plasmagun, rocket launcher or railgun any day in q3 ♥‿♥