Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroMaster010

DSDA on YouTube

Just a little thing, according to DSDA, there should be a hyphen in UV -Fast, but there shouldn't be a hyphen in UV Max, UV Speed etc. I guess because "-Fast" is a parameter, "Max" or "Speed" is not, but I'm not really sure about this though.

ahem, excuse me madam, but let me correct you there: it should be UV -fast, as there is no capital in the command. g'day to you. *tips*

1 hour ago, rehelekretep said:

ahem, excuse me madam, but let me correct you there: it should be UV -fast, as there is no capital in the command. g'day to you. *tips*

Wait... I think it automatically considers all parameter as lower case. I tried "-fast", "-Fast" and "-FaSt", and they all work.

2 minutes ago, kraflab said:

DSDA is an archive, not a rule book.

Well, I checked the info, it contradicts with the actual table, so well.

1 hour ago, fx02 said:

And are only DSDA demos uploaded there? I don't want some shit to appear on that channel 

:thonking: Not sure those statements are aligned :^)

haha, yeah, but people like to watch something fresh and I'm out of time to upload cn demos :(

uploaded since last week:

kama sutra uv-speed
d2twid uv-speed
d2twid uv-max
doom core uv-max
congestion 1024 uv-max
resurgence uv-max
alien vendetta uv-speed
italo doom uv-max
going down uv-max
eternal doom uv-max

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqcYluu5zm7uqBNGL8kextA/playlists

Will probably upload community chest 1 uv-max today and upload some of the new records.

Also I didn't consider the possibility of there being equal record times on dsda, so I've already fucked up once and uploaded a demo under the wrong name, and I almost did it again not too long ago.. So if someone is aware of there being 2 demos with the fastest time on dsda then please check if I uploaded the right one.

Uploaded since last week:

Community Chest 1 uv-max
Community Chest 2 uv-max
Community Chest 3 uv-max
Community Chest 4 uv-max
Claustrophobia 1024 uv-max
Memento mori 2 uv-speed
TVR! uv-max

And the complete requiem nightmare table at almost 3 hours will be done later today

I'll update the new d2twid and cc4 demos afterwards.

total: approximately 2335 videos at 206 hours
with 21040 views at 51043 minutes (35 days) or an average of 2:25 per view so far.

requiem nm-speed
memento mori 2 uv-max
whispers of satan uv-max
alien vendetta nm-speed
requiem uv-max
deus vult uv-max
vile flesh uv-max
unholy realms uv-speed
doom the way id did uv-max
zone300 uv-max
2002 a doom odyssey uv-speed

total: approximately 2620 videos at 227 hours
with 24646 views at 60997 minutes (42 days) or an average of 2:28 per view.

Also here's several tables that aren't filled incase anyone is up for it (some of them might be impossible):

edit: go to the second page instead for an updated list:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/95502-dsda-on-youtube/?do=findComment&comment=1805555

scythe 2 uv-speed: 24,25,27
speed of doom uv-speed: 17,24,25,27,32,33
sunlust uv-speed: 15,16,26,27,29,30
congestion 1024 uv-max: 30
d2twid uv-max: 8,9,10,13,15,16,18,20,25,27,28
ultimate doom pacifist: e4m6 ;)
alien vendetta nm-speed: 13,14,16,27,28
tnt pacifist: 05,08,09,26 (yeah probably not going to happen)
sf2012 uv-max: 15, 20(20 exists but older wad)
hell revealed uv-speed: 20,22,23,29
going down uv-max: 2,14,15,17,21,22,23,25,29
plutonia 2 uv-max: 25
plutonia tyson: 30
tnt tyson: 30
resurgence uv-max: 9,20,29,30
cchest 4 uv-max: 32
memento mori 2 uv-speed: 28
unholy realms uv-speed: 8,27,28,31
whispers of satan uv-max: 12,16 (only zdoom demos exists)
zone300 uv-max: 22,31

dimensions of time uv-speed: 7

icarus uv-speed: 11,16,20,29,30

1994 tune up uv-max: 22,23,25

10 sectors uv-max: 16

2002 ado uv-speed: e1m4,e2m4,e2m7,e2m5,e3m4,e3m5,e3m6s,e3m7,e3m8,e4m2,e4m2s,e4m3,e4m5,e4m7,e4m8,

of course uv-max is also uv-speed, but I don't mix them in the playlists unless uv-max beats a uv-speed entry (and I don't mix uv-fast with uv-max either).

updated the first post and changed the link to the channel at the top to link directly to the playlists instead.

Edited by ZeroMaster010

Strange about Resurgence map 09 not having a uv-max; played the map some time ago and seemed a rather manageable level

well I guess I'm not needed anymore. awesome work zeromaster! I wanna mention that you can upscale the video on the fly by using a commandline option of x264. but this is slower than doing it in two steps since prboom+ and the encoder are waiting too long for each other on higher resolution. anyway, it looks something like this if you wanna give it a try:

x264 --preset veryfast --crf 0 --input-csp rgb --input-depth 8 --input-range pc --input-res %wx%h --fps %r --vf resize:width=3840,height=2160,method=point -o demo.mkv -

Just a small suggestion, you can disable the demo progress bar thing in the settings. I don't think it's necessary when YouTube already has its own bar.

8 hours ago, Sp00kyFox said:

well I guess I'm not needed anymore. awesome work zeromaster! I wanna mention that you can upscale the video on the fly by using a commandline option of x264. but this is slower than doing it in two steps since prboom+ and the encoder are waiting too long for each other on higher resolution. anyway, it looks something like this if you wanna give it a try:

x264 --preset veryfast --crf 0 --input-csp rgb --input-depth 8 --input-range pc --input-res %wx%h --fps %r --vf resize:width=3840,height=2160,method=point -o demo.mkv -

thanks sp00kyfox! I'll have a look at it, also, if it wasn't for your videos I probably wouldn't have known I could get a better bitrate (I spent several hours trying to find out why my quality was shit compared to yours) so thanks again :)

5 hours ago, vdgg said:

Requiem MAP25 UV Speed: should be Laszlo Vecsei's demo instead of my TAS

Ah yes, hopefully that hasn't happened anywhere else.

59 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Just a small suggestion, you can disable the demo progress bar thing in the settings. I don't think it's necessary when YouTube already has its own bar.

hmm, I suppose you're right, but I'm 3000+ videos in now, so at this point I think I'll just keep it so it's consistent, heh.

Besides, I imagine some people are downloading these videos and may or not not be using a player with a progress bar.

I've only noticed thanks to this that my old Stroller is still the UV Speed record on Icarus map05. LOL. And for a few other maps, ideas used for NM or strollers weren't employed in UV.

Looks like rq25 was a case of using the wrong name, and not the wrong demo. I probably grabbed the name at the top quickly without noticing it said TAS, this might have occured on some of the earlier playlists I made so I'll have to check if I did it anywhere else.

I was wondering if icarus uv-speed was worth the upload when I saw stroller being the fastest for some of them :)

Deus Vult 2 uv-max
Icarus uv-speed
Plutonia Revisited uv-max
Kama Sutra uv-max
1994 Tune-Up Community Project uv-max
Phmlspd uv-max
The Rebirth uv-max
Rush uv-max
One Bloody Night uv-max
Hadephobia uv-max
Doom 2 Reloaded uv-max
Demonfear uv-speed
Swift Death uv-max
Memento Mori nm-speed
Reverie uv-max
10 Sectors uv-max
Scythe 2 uv-max
Dimensions of time uv-speed
2002 A doom odyssey uv-max

total: approximately 3100 videos at 268 hours
with 30174 views at 75407 minutes (52.3 days) or an average of 2:29 per view.

Japanese community project uv-max
Clausthrophobia 1024 2 uv-max
Memento mori uv-max
Fava beans uv-max
Dimensions of time uv-max
3 Heures d'agonie uv-max
3 Heures d'agonie 2 uv-max
3 Heures d'agonie 3 uv-max

total: approximately 3328 videos at 285 hours
with 34577 views at 87980 minutes (61 days) or an average of 2:32 per view.

not too much uploaded this week, mostly because I've had the cycling championship right outside my door for the whole week... I should finish up most of what I have planned in the next 2 weeks, then I will probably focus more on single demos instead of tables.