Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DMPhobos

SLADE Texture zoom

Question

All right i feel dumb to ask this because most likely it's quite obvious how, but here it goes....
How can i zoom with the texture browser?

cclecVz.png
I know it's possible since i remember i could zoom on previous versions, but ever since i changed my computer early this year, i can't find the way to zoom in a texture, but it didn't bothered me too much untill now

9 answers to this question

I think I found the problem. First, confirm that the zoom bar is enabled, as so...

zoom.PNG.dd4dd089d23929afd77c18a681f52119.PNG

If it is not, you should be able to enable it.

Your Slade looks different from mine. In mine, after Save and Revert, I have a slide bar for zooming, followed by the icons for Mirror, Flip, and other stuff. In place of the Zoom slide bar, you have some icons that I don't have. My suggestion is to hover your mouse over each one of those icons between Revert and Mirror and see that the tooltip says it is. Maybe one of them does what the slide bar used to do, or turns on the slide bar.

I scoured the Preferences menu and found nothing relevant to this.

I knew it had to be something obvious!!
I fell kinda dumb to have missed that, but oh well.... didn't noticed it, and somehow right click on the toolbar somehow escaped my mind

Thank you so much!

19 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

I knew it had to be something obvious!!
I fell kinda dumb to have missed that, but oh well.... didn't noticed it, and somehow right click on the toolbar somehow escaped my mind

Thank you so much!

I didn't think of it either, or I would have told you.

I'm sorry to brag, but you know what's really awkward about this?

It took me several tries to get that screenshot right using Windows' Snipping Tool. My excuse? Although I could use the PRT SCRN key on the keyboard, I wouldn't even know where I could find the screenshot in the first place. How the heck am I suppose to figure that out for the next time? :\

14 minutes ago, HavoX said:

It took me several tries to get that screenshot right using Windows' Snipping Tool. My excuse? Although I could use the PRT SCRN key on the keyboard, I wouldn't even know where I could find the screenshot in the first place. How the heck am I suppose to figure that out for the next time? :\

Printscreen (or better yet, alt-printscreen to only capture the active window) also copies to the copy-paste clipboard, so if you have a Paint or GIMP window open you can just paste the screenshot in it.

3 hours ago, Gez said:

Printscreen (or better yet, alt-printscreen to only capture the active window) also copies to the copy-paste clipboard, so if you have a Paint or GIMP window open you can just paste the screenshot in it.

I knew about pasting it in Paint, but I didn't know about alt-printscreen. Thanks! I love learning new things!