Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxGangrel

nxGangrel Vs. Alfonzo

4 minutes ago, SOSU said:

When will this happen btw?

Tba. Most likely September 16th, but idk yet. I have a last minute kind of schedule

Just now, nxGangGirl said:

Tba. Most likely September 16th, but idk yet. I have a last minute kind of schedule

oh well i will be there spectating :)

It's also worth communicating with one of @CapnClever or @Dime on the question of broadcasting the event, as was done before. The stream amassed between 40 to 50 viewers, I think, which is a good result.

I was impressed by Decay's non-partisan commentary when he last took to the airwaves, what with the footwork stoush and all. Surely this time it would take a herculean feat of resistance to call the shots like a professional, again.

8 minutes ago, Voros said:

That's one helluva war face.

The only time willow turned evil was when she was consumed by dark magic. And she was still cute af

Rofl this thread is already better than the last one!

Anyway, remember the important list of things to practice/consider before the match:

[ ] AIM

[ ] STRATEGY

[ ] MAP LAYOUT(S)

[x] FOOTWORK

Jokes aside, remember to never try the same strats too many times in a row! Keep your playstyle and general approach varied. Don't let your enemy read you like an open book out on the battlefield. Keen to see this one unfold!

The rl is actually a very good and powerful weapon for dm, with the capacity to kill players at full health in one shot, as well as the ability to preemptively fire shots at strategically important areas, which results in frags more often than one might think. It is also very good against bfg-wielding players on account of rockets being able to kill where hitscans won't reach the player who fired them, such as around corners. 

15 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

It's also worth communicating with one of @CapnClever or @Dime on the question of broadcasting the event, as was done before. The stream amassed between 40 to 50 viewers, I think, which is a good result.

I'll second this.  The commentary and general presentation of the Radio Duel was absolutely excellent, and I stayed on afterwards watching a bunch of other people duel simply because I was enjoying the commentary so much.

Oh, I'll be there come hell or high water. Hopefully @DemonSphere can make it to the pundit booth as well this time.

Btw this duel needs to be referenced as the Willow vs. Rupert Giles showdown.

55 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

Why Giles though?

Have you ever listened to any of Doom Radio? Have you ever even heard Alfonzo?

Or should I doubt your... Buffy lore instead?

16 minutes ago, dew said:

Have you ever listened to any of Doom Radio? Have you ever even heard Alfonzo?

I don't listen to whack like Doom radio!

In all seriousness, yes I have. I just can't really do a match in my head. I see him more as a spike for some reason. But that's just me.

Alfie, send pics! ;)

Alfonzo is nowhere near as cool as Spike. He will beat you with the power of academic knowledge though.

can vouch that she has not been on my server though my regular audience is a bunch of oddballs and older doomers. 

that and players who stumble in

im not hyped for the big duel but i am interested in it 

12 minutes ago, Alfonzo said:

I actually dropped out of university. I wanted to become a cucumber instead.

Rise above gherkin-hood! Follow your dreams!

Alright children, I've decided the match shall take place on Saturday the 16th*

*Disclaimer: There is a slightly possible chance this may have to be moved due to my sporadic rl schedule. I apologize for any future inconvenience.

For any one who'd like to practice with me, hit me up, or catch me on zandronum. I'm typically active around evening or midnight past (CT). @42PercentHealth and I had a wonderful heart to heart earlier, resulting in me winning around six or so matches (I lost count) and him winning two.

Now it's time to sound the horns of battle!

Good to see practice.

PS you really should up the fraglimit, 25 is for casual play. 50 is standard, but 40 at least is agreeable.

9 minutes ago, Decay said:

PS you really should up the fraglimit, 25 is for casual play. 50 is standard, but 40 at least is agreeable.

I'll up it to 40. In tribute to @40oz's world exterminated carcass.

This public date is in 3 days. Where's the map pool? Should be 5 maps, and then an elimination process.

I assume you're talking tiebreakers i.e. the third round decider? Remove kid_duel and we'll go from there.

Either pick 2 maps each and agree on a tie breaker (total of 5 maps; each player then "eliminates" a map selected by the other for a total of 3 maps) or agree on a tie breaker map (or have a neutral party decide for you)