Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

What is your highest score in Quake 3 Arena?

7 minutes ago, TFK said:

26 Perfects.

I hope this is not done on I Can Win.

I don't care about collecting score for the sake of collecting score, but I remember how I once beat Q3DM1 on singleplayer's Nightmare (a duel against a bot who can use the rocket launcher it quite smart ways) and felt proud of how good my playing skill became. Admittedly I trained a lot on that map alone and never beaten any other duel map on Nightmare before or after that. I've got nothing better than this to mention.

44 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

I don't care about collecting score for the sake of collecting score, but I remember how I once beat Q3DM1 on singleplayer's Nightmare (a duel against a bot who can use the rocket launcher it quite smart ways) and felt proud of how good my playing skill became. Admittedly I trained a lot on that map alone and never beaten any other duel map on Nightmare before or after that. I've got nothing better than this to mention.

I recall spending about a month of grinding during school lunchtimes in my youth trying to beat the game on each difficulty. I beat the whole game on Hardcore (correct me if that's the wrong name) and got through the 1st tier on Nightmare. Anything beyond that felt like sheer insanity to me.

Just now, antares031 said:

I beat Xaero 10-0 on Nightmare once. That's all I can remember.

YOU REALLY DID??? You should consider that as a lifetime achievement(unless you use cheats)

4 minutes ago, TFK said:

...unless you use cheats

No cheat codes, just figured out how to do that. 'Took me tens of deaths back then.

Just now, Memfis said:

Xaero is the one that railguns you from like 5 miles away? That fight is nuts.

I use my railgun to snipe him from a distance, and when he comes close, I pull out my BFG and fire all the way.

I was really disappointed and pissed, years ago, when I had finally beat the entire game on nightmare and not one unlockable friggin' thing was achieved. There was literally no reward for your hard work. Then again...what was I expecting? 

Xaero was really hard for Nightmare skill specially counting in how you fight him due to the map.

But hey guys lemme remind of a thing, i dunno if any of you here played the expasion Team Arena, but Xaero became pretty pussy near the bots which came in TA, Ursula and Khan were total bitches in Hardcore already, in Nightmare they uses the same liar patterns as Unreal Tournament 3 bots to stay "hard" like literally Railgunning you in MPTERRA2 from the other side of the lake by a tiny LoS between your hitbox and their view, they also do the annoying thing of instalocking Lightning on you and insta 180 turn with a Rocket/Shotgun/Nailgun in your face.

Now as for score, i never finished the bot campaign tbh, i tried to play that in Quake 3 Revolution but since i noticed it was just a MK Tower Mode i gave up and jumped into MP directly when i got Q3A.

20 to negative 53

It was on my first Q3A map, a learning venture aptly named "Whatever". It was a god-awful jumble of walkways inside a giant box over a pit of lava, truly horrendous to behold, but my friend and I began playing it almost exclusively for a few days.

I kept blasting him off the walkways with the railgun. By the time the match was over I was laughing so hard I could barely see straight.

As far as online play, one time I hit the frag limit of 30 on (I think) DM0 using only the gauntlet. The second place player had like 8 frags. Then I got kicked out of the server, apparently for winning too much.

Is there still casual deathmatching going on in Quake 3? Not like uber pro duels where all item respawns are calculated to a second, but simple FFA fun with amateur players or whatever. Maybe I would like to try it some but I wonder how accessible the scene is for a noob nowadays.

Too bad QuakeLive is never, ever going to reinstate gibs and blood. An aesthetic loss, so not the end of the world, but to me feedback is really important and the admittedly cartoonish gore provides a level of satisfaction for the player that those sparkly QL particles lack.

Also Quake Live rebalances certain weapons in an attempt to get rid of campers and people of the kind, whenever i play it, i always think that Railgun will finish some dude for me, but nope it does 80 damage instead, the ammo nerfing was necessary in the weapons but the damage i dunno, that's not the way to get rid of the problem with campers.