Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Dehacked...... Help

i want to add new names for the monsters like the imp. but i can only used 3 characters (i.e if i wanted to name the imp brown it would show up bro) how do i fix this.

on other note where can i find alot of dehacked patches and bex patches (not for tcs) ones that modify the orginal doom and doom2

Imp said:

on other note where can i find alot of dehacked patches and bex patches (not for tcs) ones that modify the orginal doom and doom2

umm... like 6 come with DeHackEd...

Enjay said:

If you want some dehacked tutorials and examples, why not pop along to my site?

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/

......|.......|.........
......|.......|.........
......|.......|.........
......|.......|.........
......|.......|.........
.__ ...............__..
...\ ............. /.....
....\ ........... /......
.....\ ......... /.......
......\_____/........

Thankyou Uncle Enjay!

/me Slips Enjay a $20 and whispers "keep up the good work"

I hate to say this Enjay, but your website is kinda hard to read. What with all the glowing letters and all.

ravage said:

all the glowing letters

But at least they are only on the headings and main page....

ravage said:

I hate to say this Enjay, but your website is kinda hard to read. What with all the glowing letters and all.

Thanks, I've been asking for feedback on that. I wondered if people were having problems with the effect. I know it looks and works just fine on my home machine, but the effect is very odd and angular on the machines at work. I'll probably remove it. At least it's only used on the main/welcome page and at the top of the news page. Everything else is glow free. :-)

Edit: He he, I love simultaneous posting, don't you Epyo?

Hmmm, maybe I should spend DOOM Anomaly's money on a de-glowing device.

ravage said:

No, the news page glows too. Everything. I go blind. ;)

Everything? You mean the entire news page? Odd, should just be the title. I'll ditch it soon anyway.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Actually for me, its only the News and the Main page titles that have the glow, nothing else.

That's what I get.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I dont mean to rip your cloth here, but, Whats so bad about having the two titles glow?

I know that some people had already said they made the page hard to read, others suggested they might have made the page slow (but I think that may be the starfield effect) and I know they didn't look right on all machines. Shame, they looked good on mine.

You'll notice I'm speaking about the glow in the past tense however. I plugged in my de-glower and the glow is no more. I think I managed to weed out all references to it.

For me it was all the text on the News page. I'll check it now.

Heh, the no-glo zone. I can see again.

Hey Enjay, are you doing anything with your Aspects TC? Just wanted to see what was going on there.

Archaeo said:

Um! I don’t see anything glowing.

Enjay said:

You'll notice I'm speaking about the glow in the past tense however. I plugged in my de-glower and the glow is no more. I think I managed to weed out all references to it.

:-)

As far as Aspects is concerned. Yes and no. I tend to keep quiet about it these days :-) I have been keeping pace with Zdoom 2 developements and adding in features as they have appereared in the engine (quite a few actually), but I think I have now reached a poiint where (a) I don't actually have the time to do any more on it, and (b) more importantly, I think I have done pretty much all I want to with it. I burned a CD of it about a week ago and gave it to my friend. Unless he finds something drastic wrong with it, it's done.