Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Quake Champions confirms: the Doom Slayer is original Doomguy

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Oh my god they really didn't remember to correct for aspect ratio!! I'm freakin out here!!!

That was going to be my next tweet! I was just spacing them out. Are you stealing my tweets, Ling?

On 9/2/2017 at 0:37 AM, Linguica said:

Oh my god they really didn't remember to correct for aspect ratio!! I'm freakin out here!!!

And yes the Doomguy's face is meant to be stretched vertically by 20%. This is not up for dispute, it is objective fact https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio

Yet the attempt somebody made to "correct" the new 3D Doomguy's head looked much worse, IMHO. Way too tall and skinny. Something between that and the super beefy look he has currently would probably be more natural, rather than the "ideal" 4:3 stretched version. However I get the distinct feel from all of the stuff in QC so far that they were going for a bit of an animated look to stuff. It's not really hyper-realistic.

I'm not incredibly fond of most of the QC Character models. They Don't feel "id" to me, but that they are trying and slightly missing the mark. Does Doomguy speak at all in QC? I hope not.

43 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I'm not incredibly fond of most of the QC Character models. They Don't feel "id" to me, but that they are trying and slightly missing the mark. Does Doomguy speak at all in QC? I hope not.

Not judging from any of the early access videos on YouTube so far. I'm pretty sure the silent protagonist angle is considered a core unalterable part of his character now.

Hello guys.

The only proof that they would be the same doomguys is the skin selector and the artifact? I mean, the same should also be applied to BJ, as he is in that game in the same way isnt he? How the old castle wolfesntein 3d would be related to the old blood ?
They've got all the doomguys from all the universes and plots (including the doomguy 3, that certainly wouldnt be the same guy as the other ones), and got into a single folder called "doomslayer" (because of the new nomenclature that bethesda uses), sorting out the characters per franchise.

There are also many discrepancies in the histories to tie them toghether.

I've seen that the cube (dont recall the exact name, from doom 3) is shown somewhere in doom 2016, but there isnt much relations with the other dooms.

Anyway, i just wanted to add that to the discussion, as not necessarily they are the same doomguys just because of what was presented in quake champions.

Well I personally don't accept this new canon idea, I prefer to see it as a different timeline Doomguy same with Doomguy in Doom 3.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:37 PM, Linguica said:

And yes the Doomguy's face is meant to be stretched vertically by 20%. This is not up for dispute, it is objective fact https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio

But if the graphics were meant to be stretched by 20% then STCDROM would have been drawn flattened, along with all the powerup "spheres". I think it's a good thing they went with that aspect ratio :)

Like so:

STCDROM2.png