Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FantasmeDel'Esprit54

Opinion: Beautiful Doom is underrated and Brutal Doom is boring

Now listen here you little bitch. You dare provide an opinion on here that certainly is not true? On top of that, you dare perform the equivalent of spitting on the image of our lord and savior Sergeant Mark IV? Oh, if only you knew just how easily you opened the gates of hell upon yourself, little fellow.

Would the Doom Sprite Fix project count for anything? Its basically fixed vanilla.

3 minutes ago, Royal_Sir said:

Now listen here you little bitch. You dare provide an opinion on here that certainly is not true? On top of that, you dare perform the equivalent of spitting on the image of our lord and savior Sergeant Mark IV? Oh, if only you knew just how easily you opened the gates of hell upon yourself, little fellow.

Would the Doom Sprite Fix project count for anything? Its basically fixed vanilla.

I have never tried that. Is it good?

Yeah, ddoesn't really add gameplay, but adds proper sprites for monsters in all 8 directions instead of mirroring them like in vanilla. Little things like keeping the chaingunner from jittering when he's firing, the crazy revenant punch, that sort of things.

1 minute ago, Royal_Sir said:

Yeah, ddoesn't really add gameplay, but adds proper sprites for monsters in all 8 directions instead of mirroring them like in vanilla. Little things like keeping the chaingunner from jittering when he's firing, the crazy revenant punch, that sort of things.

That sounds neet. I have to try that out.

Honestly.. I fucking love beautiful doom solely because of the cyb death animation. And yeah I like it way more than brutal doom (only after I removed that disgusting new hud beautiful doom adds).

4 minutes ago, Killer5 said:

Honestly.. I fucking love beautiful doom solely because of the cyb death animation. And yeah I like it way more than brutal doom (only after I removed that disgusting new hud beautiful doom adds).

Yeah, Beautiful Doom does not get as much attention as it should be getting. Every time I check out a list of Best Doom enhancement mods, it always has the same shit, but never includes Beautiful Doom which makes me upset

I am a long fan of Brutal Doom. I just like the gore and the weapons effect and everything it has. Yet Beautiful Doom is also nice, now, the true winning for me here is that Brutal Doom is in constant evolving, SgtMark never stops working on it and always shows something new and more fun. Thats what I love, one single guy works A LOT in a mod like Brutal Doom, also for free. I respect that a lot.

I pretty much enjoy all of them, such as brutal doom, project brutality, trail blazer and smooth doom

All of them have one purpose: Killing them all and enjoy a massive carnage in another point of view of each user.

Edited by Mikami41 : brutal doom brutal doom :P

This may be a biased perspective on my part, but now that I heard the truth about... (Not gonna say his name) I lost all respect for him.

13 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I would like to point out that a not so unconsiderable chunk of Brutal Doom's scripts weren't made by MARK IV but by other folks to whom MARK IV has not given proper credit and instead claimed that said scripts were his own work, AND I would also like to point out that MARK IV has a patreon set up because working for free is nice, but working for money is nicer.

Just to get a few facts right...

Uwu

Thats bad, Did not know that, thank you for the fact. Although I dont think he is something like Evil EA or somethint, Still, I enjoy Brutal Doom a lot.

5 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Uwu

Thats bad, Did not know that, thank you for the fact. Although I dont think he is something like Evil EA or somethint, Still, I enjoy Brutal Doom a lot.

many people know of that, btw.......

2 minutes ago, FantasmeDel'Esprit54 said:

Um... okay?  Don't know how that's relevant to his comment.

1 minute ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Except me, thanks.

Ok...well, time to move on. It's getting offtopic anyway :P

The two aren't really comparable as they aim to do different things. Then again, I've only played the vanilla cosmetic version of Beautiful Doom, which looks great, and not the one with gameplay changes. One thing about the vanilla version is that the Cyber shooting from his actual weapon and not the centre of the sprite takes some getting used to.

4 minutes ago, Angry_Cat said:
1 hour ago, Voros said:

Death Foretold because it fucking rocks without becoming boring.

Really what is the best "doom 4 weapons for doom" mod out there?

1 hour ago, Voros said:

Enhanced PerK's Smooth Weapon Animations/Black Ops and Ketchup are all I need when it comes to the classic weapons.

Or
Doom 64 Weapons when that feeling to use Doom 64 weapons come in. Dat epic chaingun.

Or

Smooth Doom when I feel like making everything beautiful.

Or
Death Foretold because it fucking rocks without becoming boring.

No mention of Random Deaths & Decoration?

Beautiful Doom > Brutal Doom

all the way.

Beautiful Doom doesn't change the game as much it just alters little bits.

Not a fan of the enhanced weapons so I play with the classic mode.