Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superchargecacodemons800

E2M2 is the best map that ever existed!

It's big. It has a lot of places to explore. I remember searching for all the secrets on that map and discovering new areas between the crates. I practiced a lot with the berserk in this map.

Its fantastic map, quite Industrial. My favorite map is actually E4M1, that sky, the level desing, small and fresh, the fast attack and man... that soundtrack is masterful. 

When I was child, this level scared me a lot, I don't know why. Now, it's just a cool map for me which I revisit when I replay Doom. 

5 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

My only gripe with the map is that it doesn't have enough crates.

Lol. I got completely lost between those crates when I played it the first time. And the imps were terrifying. 

Tbh it's flat and an incoherent mixture of themes. But: it bloodies doomguy's knuckles. That introduction of berserk power alone makes it a map I like even today.  Not the best map ever, but it's fun for warming up. Without that, it would have been only a boring bunch of crates.

Edited by Pirx

4 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

When I was child, this level scared me a lot, I don't know why. Now, it's just a cool map for me which I revisit when I replay Doom. 

Same here. I think it was in great part the music. I thought a specific part of it sounded like screams, and that alongside the close-range encounters with imps made for a tense experience.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree.

E1M4 is for me the best Doom map (don't ask me why, it just is), but E2M2 is also one of my favourites too. It is very well designed! 

First time I played it I hated it and I was kinda scared of it, because I was low on ammo and health, but after replaying Doom 1, I had more than enough ammo and I totally enjoyed playing the map. It is huge and it allows for a lot of exploration, which I always appreciate. Plus, that atmospheric music is awesome!

Fantastic and well designed map with great atmosphere. when i was child i kinda hate this map because of ammo but now is one of my favourite in doom 1&2

this map has no weaks.

4 hours ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

What is your opinion about it?

It introduces my love of crates & the only map that I solely use berserk only because its the first map that doesn't have hitscanner type enemies. 

I totally love this map. I wasn't as into it back in the day, but it really grew on me. I love the the music, which helps create a super-creepy, high-tension atmosphere. I love the crate maze, the high-contrast lighting, the moving wedge-shaped sectors that reveal a cool secret, the way the Backpack secret has a nice fight after you grab it, the cool crushers, and so on and so forth. A classic. 

Edited by Steve D

This is probably the quintessential Doom map, yeah. I feel like it does the best job of presenting all of the game's strengths, both aesthetic- and gameplay-related.

Edited by Cipher

2 minutes ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

That is your opnion, and others have the right to disagree with it.

Thanks a lot because I like to be the minority.

Just now, superchargecacodemons799 said:

What inside these crates is...

Hide contents

DEMON POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No wonder the demons got to Mars so fast.

11 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

I love E2M2 and it's abundance of crates. I think the UAC boxes are full of fidget spinners and those awful Doom novels from the 90's.

Or yoyos and novelty flying discs. I can imagine them being a big thing in the future just as they were in the past... or guns probably guns and health packs. Because if you're gonna be shooting stuff you need to be healing stuff. Where is that test subject? Gotta test this new pistol out and the new stimpacks.

Edited by geo