Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

What's your worst Rage Quit?

A simple thread for us, Doomers, to share our ''delightful'' experiences with Rage Quits. 

I myself tend to not be a quitter. But theres always and edge wich anyone of us could jump. In my case, I am quite patience in MP or SP, but there is this one game, this game that I cant control the emotions, a game that pulls all my patience into crap.

Diabblo 3 

Yes, I love the game btw, then why was my worst rage quit with this one? Well, simple.

YOU MUST BE CONNECTED ALL TIME TO PLAY EVEN IN SINGLEPLAYER!

This was my greatest dissapointment in Diablo 3, lag tends to be a rare issue, my internet is good enough for speed, now, the stability of it, well, this thing disconnects every 20 minutes, so I, well... I was at the point of breaking a long Record in Diablo 3 with one of the game classes, the demon hunter, there is this one thing called Rift, and my greatest rift was a level 82, but, my luck was so good that  everytime I was an inch close to break, the internet would disconnect. Never play the damn game ever again.

How was your worst rage quit? dD5PHiz.gif

Got tired of Overwatch's competitive matchmaking during season 1 to the point I broke the disc in half. It felt great and I was free of the burden. I have since bought a digital version several months later and never touch competitive.

Stuntman might be the game that pissed me off the most out of anything.

2 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

I don't remember having a ragequit ever to be honest....

Yeah, to be honest, the term "ragequit" probably doesn't very well describe my experience with Eternal Doom. Playing it began to feel like a chore, and I wasn't having any fun, so I stopped playing it and went to Memento Mori instead. Then I was happy. :-)

I think that when people freak out badly over games need to have a deep look at themselves, and understand how out of control they are when they freak out as such.

Played Quest 64 for ten minutes and immediately hated it enough to make a stupid comic in an attempt to pull a better premise out of my ass.

When I get mad Ilike to have fun with it and do dumb shit for cheap laughs from my pals (raises the spirits a little).

There was this one real bad competitive match where I stopped playing, put the mic down, hung out my window and screamed "HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND" and calmly returned pretending it never happened (despite being deliberately heard by everyone).

I thought it was funny at least.

EDIT: That wasn't a rage quit, but I remember this one time I got rekt so hard I just left the game and then described 10+ ways in which to more gently fuck my ass using power tools, number 7 may surprise you.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

I'd say my worst rage quit ever was from Counter-Strike. I was already having a miserable day, and the game of CS I was in wasn't going any better. I finally snapped after it was just me and another guy left on the map. I ended up flanking him as he camped and he didn't know I was there. I slowly got right behind him, and unloaded into his back.

He didn't die. He turned around and shot me in the face. I ripped my keyboard out, threw it across the room, and went to bed. The cherry on top of a really, really shitty day.

1 hour ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

How was your worst rage quit? dD5PHiz.gif

Doesn't that guy have a Youtube channel now with a few million subscribers?

... anyway

I can't think of any time I rage quit. I can think of times where I've raged during a game and punched my own thigh, but I never quit due to rage. Back in the N64 era I used to see kids twist apart and destroy their N64 controllers or use them as hammers in a fit of rage.

Instead let me tell you about a time during the N64 era when I loaned my SNES and games to a friend. There was one particular game WWF WrestleMania the Arcade game I had not played in over 6 months as the dude had my SNES for a year. He had it so long I had to send a friend to collect it (and that fucker never gave it to me).

So without playing it for 6 months and him playing the game every day he was so confident about being able to beat me. At some point this fucker starts punching the floor and walls. That's when I realized oh shit he literally never won a match against me in that entire time and we had played over an hour. I stress I hadn't played the game in 6 months, but before I didn't play I just knew everything about it and could easily waste the computer or any human player. The game plays so fast that you can annihilate someone without giving them a chance.

He punched the floor so hard his knuckles were a bloody mess. The carpet wasn't new it was pretty matted down so he was pretty much punching a hard floor. At least he took it out on the floor and not me since he was a lot bigger than me... but then again so was everyone.

The irony about me destroying him is all my life when I compete against someone and I know I'm better, I'll compete at their level. It makes it better for both people if they feel like they're going to beat me and if I run the risk that they'll actually beat me. So I can only imagine what the fuck I was thinking.

10 minutes ago, geo said:

It wasn't a real/candid action, it was for the cameras. It's his Youtube personality, a super nerd that sometimes rages over the most inconsequential shit. He's actually a very sweet kinda shy guy.

25 minutes ago, geo said:

He goes by the name of Boogie2988, and that fictional character he was "impersonating" there is his alter ego "Francis".

Boogie is a pretty nice guy all things considered, but at times I get the sense that he is lacking a bit of backbone in situations where he should take a clear stance. Other than that, his content might be worth your while.

Well, I hated the Legion expansion of WoW so much that I deleted all my 101 and over characters and restarted them from scratch.  I even tried getting a refund for the x-pack, but because I bought it in a store, Blizzard wouldn't do jack.  Unfortunately I have friends who dungeon and raid in Legion, and I really want to join them, so I've had to bite the bullet and get one Horde and one Alliance character each up to 110 - and I hate it.

Other than that, I don't think I've rage quit in quite a while.

50 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

I'd say my worst rage quit ever was from Counter-Strike. I was already having a miserable day, and the game of CS I was in wasn't going any better. I finally snapped after it was just me and another guy left on the map. I ended up flanking him as he camped and he didn't know I was there. I slowly got right behind him, and unloaded into his back.

He didn't die. He turned around and shot me in the face. I ripped my keyboard out, threw it across the room, and went to bed. The cherry on top of a really, really shitty day.

CS has never had a reputation for ''relax'' times. Hope you dont have to deal with those situations again. 

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I don't ragequit. I'm way too laid back for that. I do get salty though.

Thats good, except the salt part, I always had this... am well, respect to people, I dont like to offend no one or brag about something. Thats one of the reasons I cant stand very popular MP games like CoD, CSGO or LoL. 

The only times I rage quit, was in unfair singleplayer games. 

2 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Got tired of Overwatch's competitive matchmaking during season 1 to the point I broke the disc in half. It felt great and I was free of the burden. I have since bought a digital version several months later and never touch competitive.

Stuntman might be the game that pissed me off the most out of anything.

Oh, I did not know that game was that stressful! 

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

. . . screamed "HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND"

I can scarcely imagine the white-hot, burning, nova-flame fury it takes before a person is driven to quote Simon & Garfunkel. ;)

8 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Thats good, except the salt part

I don't get salty at people, I much rather tend to drizzle my salt over what happened instead. Here's an example:

41 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

He goes by the name of Boogie2988, and that fictional character he was "impersonating" there is his alter ego "Francis".

Boogie is a pretty nice guy all things considered, but at times I get the sense that he is lacking a bit of backbone in situations where he should take a clear stance. Other than that, his content might be worth your while.

He is like, the kinda of guy I wish was my bestfriend... but  I dont have any friends... *cries while shooting demons* 

Once I was playing cards with my grandpa, my dad and my aunt, and they were all beating me so hard that in a moment I threw my cards away and started crying. Early teen days, was a bad looser back then. 

Regarding to videogames, I don't tend to ragequit but get bored and quit then. Usually when I make bad decisions like forcing myself to play something I'm not in the mood at the moment. I am prone to ragequit if I'm really far in a game that doesn't have a way to save your progress, via passwords or save states, and I loose near the end, especially when I was going so well. 

Now regarding to Doom, as I constantly improve my skills it's becoming rarer to ragequit. However, some things just doesn't get old, like slippery platforming where if I do not make it to the other side the first time, it turns into a core to do it again and fail, I get annoyed, more if I'm in the middle of heavy crossfire.  

Just now, galileo31dos01 said:

Regarding to videogames, I don't tend to ragequit but get bored and quit then.

I usually get tired and take a rest before the game takes my mind and controls me :D

Just now, galileo31dos01 said:

Once I was playing cards with my grandpa, my dad and my aunt, and they were all beating me so hard that in a moment I threw my cards away and started crying. Early teen days, was a bad looser back then. 

Regarding to videogames, I don't tend to ragequit but get bored and quit then. Usually when I take bad decisions like forcing myself to play something I'm not in the mood at the moment. I am prone to ragequit if I'm really far in a game that doesn't have a way to save your progress, via passwords or save states, and I loose near the end, especially when I was going so well. 

Now regarding to Doom, as I constantly improve my skills it's becoming rarer to ragequit. However, some things just doesn't get old, like slippery platforming where if I do not make it to the other side the first time, it turns into a core to do it again and fail, I get annoyed, more if I'm in the middle of heavy crossfire.  

I know its hard, but its always good to accept the loses and learn from them, I really dont get angry when I lose, buuut, my patience is truly tested when there is Unfair play, hackers, lag, or something like that. Also, man, dont force yourself to play when you really dont want to! Always do things when the mood is fine and the problems are none, sometimes the best thing to do when angry is to just rest. Well, thats my opinion x3 thank you for sharing! 

I won't lie.. after missing a monster again and again and AGAIN trying to get a good max time in totg02 I ended up slugging my keyboard and cutting my knuckle.

I haven't ran the wad since.

1 minute ago, Angry_Cat said:

I've had so many rage quits when i was playing PvZ.

Lol, maybe a Guide would help? 

1 minute ago, Killer5 said:

I won't lie.. after missing a monster again and again and AGAIN trying to get a good max time in totg02 I ended up slugging my keyboard and cutting my knuckle.

I haven't ran the wad since.

Auch man, watch out for that kinda of Rage, its not good both to your mind and body, It can be hard yes, but you could even create your own therapy or method! ;D Always stay positive.