Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

Your dumb Doom habits

Post your stupid/pointless gameplay habits here.

-Meleeing the air while running across areas I've cleared

-Meleeing walls while waiting for lifts to move

- Depending a lot on infighting to save ammo and health and armor, actually to save effort...

- Getting all the remaining health spheres, even if I'm already 200%, even if the last sphere is 4238623856293875237923 km away from the exit. Imagine how I did in Memento Mori... 

- Eating a homing missile, and start to shoot stuff around me like a maniac. 

When getting 99% stats in an IWAD map, I briefly wonder what went wrong and quit the game.

I don't know if this is dumb or not but I have the habit of exploding any barrel on sight...

25 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Getting all the remaining health spheres, even if I'm already 200%

Sometimes I had that habit too...

Running into fireballs, rockects at the last moment. 

Wasting ammo/health, even if I have plenty of them to survive.

Running back even if I don't place to hide or dogde attacks.

Forgetting to save game before important moments. 

10 minutes ago, antares031 said:

While playing Doom 2, after I got a super shotgun, I really want to keep the amount of shotgun shells as even numbers for some reason. Whenever something goes wrong with this idea, I immediately pull out my single barrel shotgun and shoot it to the air, even if there's nothing to hit. The satisfaction after this remedy is indescribable.

I don't take it quite that far but I will intentionally shoot the first demon I see with the regular shotgun just to make it even again.

2 minutes ago, Pegg said:

SSGing masterminds\cybers if they are badly placed because why not? Most maps have too many shells anyway so it never backfires.

I do that too...

Throwing a fit at not scoring 100% Items and restarting the map from square one if I forgot to save before exiting.

Hiding in cover, after a projectile was shot to my location from far away and peeking out, only to get the projectile in the face (more painful if you mistime an Arch-vile attack).

Shooting the Rocket Launcher at a nearby wall, instead of the enemy, thanks to the auto aim.

Expecting an enemy to die with a certain amount of shots and the enemy still lives afterwards, making my life harder (the solution to this is careful weapon shots instead of total spamming, which I don't like either way, because precious ammo goes away faster). For an example, I get pissed off when a Pinkie survives an SSG blast and I have to pull out the single shotgun (not that I don't love it more as a weapon, but in many occasions I have to swap it for the SSG, like when facing a large group of Pinkies).

Lining up the perfect SG/SSG/BFG shot before firing -- even if that means taking unnecessary damage. 'Cuz every pellet/tracer HAS to hit a monster!

14 minutes ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Hiding in cover, after a projectile was shot to my location from far away and peeking out, only to get the projectile in the face (more painful if you mistime an Arch-vile attack).

^ And this.

3 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Running back even if I don't place to hide or dogde attacks.

^ And this.

- getting a bfg early in a map and then forgetting i have it and getting killed in a situation that wouldve been easy if i used it

- forgetting to use the plasmagun when the situation definitely warrants it

- trying to get cocky and punch HKs/Barons/Revs and getting slapped when i have plenty of ammo

1 minute ago, rehelekretep said:

- forgetting to use the plasmagun when the situation definitely warrants it

I almost never use the plasma rifle because:

1. I might need the ammo for the BFG later on
  2. If the target is too far to BFG, it's unlikely that much of the plasma will hit it, TBH
  3. I might not end with a number of cells divisible by 40! :-o

yeah there's very few scenarios that the plasmagun fits best - most of the time its useful if you have a trickle of mid-high tiers that are teleporting in/arriving and you need to suppress their fire. almost like a souped-up chaingun.

Trying to open clearly marked locked doors when i don't have the right key "just to check".

Just now, Scotty said:

Trying to open clearly marked locked doors when i don't have the right key "just to check".

I do that too, but there are the few occasions (can't remember any offhand -- might have happened in Memento Mori) where the key color marker indicates "use this door/switch/lift/whatever to access this key." So I don't feel like it's dumb.

wasting a lot of ammo trying to get as many kills as possible from the outside of a building before actually going in it. it can save me a lot of trouble later but a lot of times it backfires because I run out of ammo :/

rocket launching from too close a distance. I have a lot of GAD moments. :P

1. Try to do mlg 360s with the rocket while blasting a horde of imps and revenants .

2. Killing a cyberdemon with the rocket , despite me having countless BFG ammo in my possession.

3. Trying to rocket jump faster , but ends up getting me killed and then rage quit after it.

4. Trying to finish a chillax map

5. Trying to finish a holy hell map

6. Trying to finish okupluk slaughter map

7. Trying to replicate a TAS demo , but ends up wasting hour's of my time

8. Trying to beat impossible TAS demos

9.Trying to finish sunlust map 30

10. Trying to beat inhumanly impossible UV-Max demos

I always forget to Quicksave after intense combats... then I suddenly day and Oh! Your last save was 2 hours ago :c

Also,

I stare to much at landscapes and skyboxes :P