Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Glacies - another Heretic map by me.

glacies2000.png.fcfd00d9cad347915ee6e82d4dd6bf5b.png

(Really cool logo by Enkeria Gin)

Glacies is a E1M1 replacement for Heretic.It's made for ZDoom and tested in both ZDoom and GZDoom.

Story:
"You stepped forth into the ice sorcerers domain but instead of a warm welcome you are greeted with a horde of former members of D'sparils army just waiting to tear you apart.Try to survive and defeat the evil sorcerer once and for all to avenge your family and friends!"
(The story is a direct continuation of "Ice Sorcerers Castle" so check that out too)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Heretic_20170906_222713.png.ecc59fc312364d60265f76746a5f646b.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20170906_222614.png.b8170ad524c5b189e2996937a79848e8.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20170906_222808.png.44d6a8fdfd05b96e411527a7803a739b.png

Credits:

Spoiler

Enkeria Gin for the lovely logo.
Realm 667 for the great textures and new monster.
Ichor,rdpwa,Dalvi Dandy and Hexenmapper for playtesting and some awesome feedback.

Download

Hope you enjoy it :)

Not a bad little map, although I felt like the ammo was really tight for the first third of the map, to the point where I had to keep leaving enemies behind and it was making it difficult to enjoy playing. It gradually got better after that, and from the part where I picked up the Phoenix Rod, I always had plenty. The opening fight was interesting because trying to run up and get a better shot at the Nitrogolems exposes you to the turret Disciples. The rest of the combat was very straightforward aside from the frustration of ammo management. The boss was pretty fun as well. I like the texture selection -- it does a good job with creating the icy theme.

I played your map as I promised on discord. 

I really liked icy theme, but ammo starvation is annoying. I used advantage of crushing ceilings, so my fustration wasn't so bad as it sounds. Maybe you could put few more ammo? Well, played map on medium skill(almost forgot to mention). Overall, I liked your map and I would like to see more of them in the future.

Finally got to play this one: i have to echo the sentiment that the ice theme was well done, good job on that.

Played on UV, finished stats are 128/133, 21/25, 1/4.

Overall, nice little map, still on the easy\very easy side, never got close to dying (only the 20% damage sector was pretty rought, just because i didn't expected it). Somehow i wasn't nearly as starved for ammo as the posters above me were (to be honest i finished the boss fight with 20 phoenix road's ammo and around 300 hellstaff's ammo, but i guess i was lucky on the monster drops? also i guess infighting helped somehow), but heretic's ammo balance is pretty weird sometimes.

The last double liches fight right before the boss wasn't nearly as hectic it could have been, liches are slow and powerfull in close enviroments, but pretty bad on large scale battles, where they are sitting ducks, completely unable to respond to the (much) faster player... a combination of mummys ghostses and knights would have been a lot more threatening imho.

The boss fight itself was fine, i didn't got hit once, but i'd imagine it would have hit pretty hard so i kept my distance. Thematically was pretty cool.

I don't think i have anything else to add?... there is an area i would have wanted to explore more, so i'll update this post if something worth of noting come to me. 

Edit: oh right, i forgot, nice usage of artifacts, not too few, not too many.

Edited by Cacowad

2 hours ago, Cacowad said:

Played on UV, finished stats are 128/133, 21/25, 1/4.

Overall, nice little map, still on the easy\very easy side

0_o; i thought skill 4 was just too extreme...and ammo problems really isn't a thing if you use timebombs wisely :)

8 hours ago, Nevander said:

I wonder if @Glaice would like Glacies.

lol, so close to my name. Not a big fan of Heretic since I haven't even finished the first episode.

aside from these anyoing holes that you must fall (that's a real pain on ass to speedrun) everything aside it is good. i dont played till the end but the theme seens cool so far i just stoped playing after my 3th death i just cant accept falling in monsters head of i'm innacapable of aim, remenber not everyone uses open gl i cant aim straing down or up.

Just now, Xindage said:

aside from these anyoing holes that you must fall (that's a real pain on ass to speedrun) everything aside it is good. i dont played till the end but the theme seens cool so far i just stoped playing after my 3th death i just cant accept falling in monsters head of i'm innacapable of aim, remenber not everyone uses open gl i cant aim straing down or up.

lol i never thought that someone will ever comment here again but if you want to see how my mapping style evolved try out Serious Sidhe