Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Fallout 4.  I finally picked up the base game and the season pass DLC about 6 weeks ago.

Doom, Scythe2.wad. I beat the original Scythe on UV recently, too (Though I used the speed running strat for map30 because that map was pure insanity). I've also been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege! It's a great strategic FPS.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

but rather some Vores in Azure Agony

To be honest, I always think Revenant missiles are so merciful compared to this. Of course, those homing spike balls launched by Vores are less deadly, but it's very annoying to dodge if you don't have a correct terrain.

The last avatar is a little bit creepy to me, but this one is creepily elegant, or elegantly creepy ;P

I started playing Need for Speed 2 after I managed to make it run on a Windows 7 laptop (compatibility with Windows 95 games is the worst). I'm also replaying the old Doom engine games with Chocolate Doom and the default control scheme. It has been an interesting and challenging experience so far.

Just finished playing Postal 2 Paradise lost and got the Two endings, also playing with Source SDK Tools to create a map in CSGO.

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

To be honest, I always think Revenant missiles are so merciful compared to this.

They really are, because the spiked balls that Vores fire are so much better at following you.  The best way I found was to use small pillars to block them, or go far around a corner as early as possible to avoid them.  Either way, those and the Spawns are the most dangerous enemies I think.

Fighting Vore change the most for me out of any monster depending on if it's hard or nightmare. Nightmare I can't pull the same antics of circle strafe kiting and pelting them to death with a shotgun, well, not do that and avoid the bombs at least. They're impressive infighters though. One of the things I miss from Doom in Quake is how diverse the upper end of the monsters are, for quake all I see as Higher end monsters is the Vore and Shambler.

As for The Spawn, fuck those things. Once you know where they're at it's not so bad, but when they surprise me I die no matter what. Pisses me off every time XD.

Mother Russia Bleeds - At the final stage, not enjoying this one. The screen gets fucking SWAMPED with bad guys, it's obnoxious. It's also bullshit they can get you when you're trying to get health from a corpse, that really should have been an invul-state. How the hell am I supposed to get health when enemies are constantly hitting me off the fucking corpse I'm trying to get health from because they literally FILL the stage?! Aggravating as fuck. I really enjoy the music though, bought the soundtrack. I've been playing with another player, but I also really enjoy seeing bots in a Beat 'Em Up. I don't think I've ever seen that before. They're not bad too. Would like to see that in other Beat 'Em Ups. But even with 2 players and 2 bots this game is still overly difficult, and this is on normal difficulty. I can't fathom playing hard... this one has me disappointed, I was really digging the ultra-violence they showed off in trailers.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition - First off, this port kind of sucks. Not only does the perspective seem off in the new renderer as I often have to mash my use key when trying to use a keycard or a switch because it won't always use properly, even if I stare straight at it and go right up to it, but the sound design is all sorts of fucked up in this version. Sounds don't finish and loop properly, they just play over each other loud as fuck. This creates for some obnoxiously bad moments where, for instance, using a Ripper on an Octobrain will cause its pain sound to play 20+ times over itself in a very short time span, instead of once at a time like in the original. Gearbox HQ needs to be flung into space. Also, I know this will be a matter of opinion, but the re-recorded Duke lines make him sound like he's suffering the flu, though I did find it amusing the new Die Hard line is uncensored for the re-recorded version. Ah, how times have changed! Also the commentary is really lacking, which is kind of sad. They didn't seem all that enthused to talk about their level making process, or the game's development. Most of the levels don't even have any commentary at all.

As for the game itself, it's Duke 3D. I finished episode 4 and I'm going on to the new episode, but I don't know. Maybe it's because I've played this game a lot, especially when I was younger, but this time it just isn't doing much for me. I think this might be my final romp through the game. It just doesn't have that same magic it used to and I don't share the same desire to check out costume content for it like I do for DOOM. The enemy roster all annoys me, the music is boring minus "Aliens, say your prayers!", episode two as a whole is kind of a slog, the only thing I really like are the weapons. Can't think of another FPS that has a shrink ray. This port also probably left a bad taste in my mouth.

Escape Goat - It has a purple goat and awesome music.

Ancient Aliens wad - fucking awesome.

Stardew Valley - chill and really cool. I like to play it when I feel calm and peaceful. If you're a creative person or likes some alone time, this game is for you. Try it. 

Tekken 7 - turns out to be an actually pretty good fighting game. Whenever friends come over, Tekken 7 is, without saying, going to be played. When we have enough with Tekken 7, we usually switch to GameCube games such as Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4 and Mario Power Tennis. Great fun. 

On 7/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, MrGlide said:

I think Dark souls is the best out of the series honestly (other than BloodBorne, as I'v not played that one yet).

Dark Souls is certainly fantastic, that's for sure. But I think some small part of me prefers Demon's.

Haven't played past DS2's first few hours so anything after that will be new territory for me.

YALL HAVEN'T BEEN PLAYING GAMES FOR MONTHS

I got a new laptop so Fallout: New Vegas. Day one I spent like 12 hours on that game. Some things are still frustrating. Like I get that the vaults are the post apoc version of a dungeon but damn. I feel like there's TOO much to explore in this game a lot of it is just desolation and no people or anything. Yeah I guess that's how a post apoc would look but it can be boring. All the gripes I have with this one are the gripes I have with Fallout 3.

HOWEVER, some things have made me take a liking to it moreso than Fallout 3. New Vegas makes many references to Fallout 2 and even has a *cough*robodog*cough* so I'm pretty damn happy with my robot dog and all but some of these quests are so tedious. I'll need to put more hours into this to make my final judgement call. 

Speaking of calls, no calls pls. This game takes over your life and before you know it you've spent 2 days in your underwear in a dark room. 

XCOM 2: War of The Chosen

Probably gonna take some time soon and try to play Knock-Knock all in one go though.

Recently completed Carmageddon TDR 2000 on hard, aced the last mission in one go which was quite a lucky shot considering how much trouble I had with it before on normal. Started on Carmageddon Max Pack on hard and it's going great, TDR really desensitized me to time pressure but you really gotta work extra hard for those credits in C1's hard mode lest you get nowhere. Started on The Suffering on GOG as well on normal, still blown away that this is even a thing, thought they'd never get it since everyone associated with it died. Also on the second half of Rise of the Triad '13.

Too much other stuff to mention as well; 60% done with Quake II, near the end in Grand Theft Auto III, on the second part of Max Payne, mid-to-late game via Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and I forget.

Star Trek Online as always, also Perfect Dark Arcade, and Recoil which I finally found a foolproof way of running it on newer OS's.

Edited by Avoozl

Currently edging my way through the Arcane Dimensions mod for Quake. It is as pretty as it is brutal, and no death is slow, painful and undignified enough for those damn flying droids. If the mod had kept the vanilla shotguns, they'd still be annoying, but manageable. With the move to projectile only weapons, the only way to get rid of them efficiently is with the Thunderbolt, but considering every map forces an inventory reset this is a rare luxury.

Oh, and whoever came up with the "genius" idea of making the Spawns poisonous needs a stint on the rack, because that shit is just sadistic.

Dead by Daylight from time to time... But at the moment not many good games are on the market in my opinion. I'm waiting for Wolfenstein 2 and Kingdome Come: Delivirance :)

With Autumn slowly sneaking up on us and the eventual arrival of Halloween a bit further down the road, I've been playing some Afraid of Monsters and Cry of Fear back to back. Took some screenshots. I would be grateful if someone can recommend other great horror games/mods. Something in the spirit of Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

Spoiler

Afraid of Monsters

1X4MO2A.png

8rKQBlh.png

91nJXux.png

TxBYLd8.png

Cry of Fear

TjopYAV.png

TIGtxXX.png

UEklCHd.png

UYoxssV.png

Edited by Piper Maru

Battlefield 1 has been dominating most of my game time these days. I really enjoy it, although it was a pain in the ass getting used to the different meta so I hooked back up with my old clanmates. I'm not very good competitively except in Medic and Support roles, but we only do one or two games a week so most of the times we play together is the equivalent of the after work beer with buddies, which is how I prefer to play games. Taking them seriously is dumb (I used to, and my attitude was terrible.)

Otherwise, I'm tinkering with making a map for Doom, play a couple Quake levels, worked on Battlefront and MGSV for the trophies, and Strike Vector EX was free on PS+ this month; I remember Carnevil telling me about it a few years ago and I've been dying to try it.

A really well made port of Pokémon Yellow for NES. It's sweet being able to catch all Pokémon without needing to trade. Very fun so far.

EDIT: It's a real cart and I'm playing it on an actual NES! Looks exactly like this one:

il_570xN.1192975746_e674.jpg

Edited by Doomkid