Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Godspeed, Little Plane...

There is a new Episode 6 available at The Green Pile, and I have to say that I had no idea so much humour could be derived from the behaviour of various Doom monsters. Also, there's nothing wrong with a little wall loving now and then..

Insomniac said:

I've been a member for a year now, and I havn't seen that page yet...

That's probably because the page is not really long hosted yet (I think it's the latest addition the the hosted sites).

Check the fanfic forum a bit more often :-)

Lovely comic... and using the monster behaviors as a base, the Lost Soul in this case, really spices it up.

Erm...am I the only one who doesn't find the comic strips funny? Where is the humour in an Imp throwing square fireballs? Why are all the Cacodemons tiny?

I don't know... but you sure as hell are the only one who's come up with such retarded reasons for not liking a comic.

NoPoet said:

Erm...am I the only one who doesn't find the comic strips funny?

Yes.

NoPoet said:

Yes!
Come on, it's funny and cute. Seeing eye lost soul. *Smack*

NoPoet said:

Erm...am I the only one who doesn't find the comic strips funny? Where is the humour in an Imp throwing square fireballs? Why are all the Cacodemons tiny?

1) Imps are supposed to throw a ROUND fireball. It is saying that he just can't get it right.

2) the cacos are small because it appears that Hiss is a "child" caco and the nurse is a female caco (because, generally, females in a species are smaller). I actually dunno if Hiss is a female or male. Maybe Silverwyvern could clarify that.

NoPoet said:

Yes...

...Now say it's funny...Say it!! **Shakes Fist** :P

NoPoet said:

NoPoet's sig says:
Home of the controversial opinion

Well, the comic has some kickass ideas imo. Admittedly, the later strips are funnier than the early strips, but I generally like the simple and cute style of the comic and the ideas are top notch.
The whole idea of the demons gettin' their butts enlisted to " The Hell Army" complete with fireball range training and the idea of two demons that are rather cowardly is just hilarious.

Oh yeah and about small cacodemons, well, I suppose cacodemons come in all sizes just like humans :-)

It's obvious though, that you have a wholly different sense of humour than the rest of us, which I can't really blame you for - it's not your fault (but neither is it Silverwyvern's fault that her comic doesn't appeal to *one* person).

I didn't say it wasn't any good...just that I had more laughs the last time I clipped my toenails. The artwork is excellent. I just don't think the first few strips in particular are "funny" in any sense of the word. Maybe I do have a different sense of humour to the rest of the world - I prefer good jokes. ;)

COme on then Myk, since you're obviously a comic wit and so much more intelligent than we poor Doomers, what's so funny about square fireballs? Perhaps you would care to enlighten us all. You could even draw a formula. Then, when your reasons all turn out to be crap, at least I can say I shared a few words with a genius.

NoPoet said:

I didn't say it wasn't any good...just that I had more laughs the last time I clipped my toenails. The artwork is excellent. I just don't think the first few strips in particular are "funny" in any sense of the word. Maybe I do have a different sense of humour to the rest of the world - I prefer good jokes. ;)

Just don't read it, if it's that bad. =P More for the rest of us to read. Or... something... I laugh when I read it. It makes for a good webcomic. Should update more often! ^_^

Unfortunately, by the time I realise something isn't funny, I have already read it and therefore it's too late. I won't be reading any new chapters. Doesn't mean I hate it. It just isn't funny...

Heh, it's mr. "controversial" with his allegations again. Now oddly speaking in the plural...

I'm sure all good jokes say "bollocks" in them. Formulas indeed.

Bollocks we think you speak. A stronger response than yours my remarks have provoked.

Uh-oh, now we're talking in Yoda.

Pick the bones out of THAT one, matey-pie!

;)

myk said:

Heh, it's mr. "controversial" with his allegations again. Now oddly speaking in the plural...

He was speaking for the whole of the UK yesterday (quote: "...this is why American films are regarded as the worst in the world - at least by residents of the UK"), so this is at least some improvement.

Silverwyvern: your stuff rules! (and that praise is coming from someone normally without any special interest in the fanfic/fanpic material).

bigbadgangsta said:

(because, generally, females in a species are smaller)

Generally, in a species, females are larger.

Linguica said:

Generally, in a species, females are larger.

Wtf? Since when? Look at most human males, they are bigger and obviously stronger than the average female. Same goes with say...Lions, tigers, horses, cows.....

If you look in the insect world, many females are considerably bigger than the male, Queen Bee, male-eating spider etc. Female plants tend to bigger as well. But most male animals are naturally bigger as in most animal life male is hunter/gatherer, though Lioness is hunter/gatherer and is still smaller (but loads more agile).

He was speaking for the whole of the UK yesterday (quote: "...this is why American films are regarded as the worst in the world - at least by residents of the UK"), so this is at least some improvement.

So, you weren't paying attention when American films such as The Patriot, Pearl Harbour and U-571 died in the UK cinemas. Each of these films drastically altered actual events in order to make the Americans look more heroic, and in Patriot and U-571 this was heavily at the expense of the British. Then there's Saving Private Ryan which has a cryptic reference to the RAF being unable to do their jobs when in the real thing, horrendous weather conditions prevented them from supporting the beach landings. The Patriot is reviled as anti-British. So was Titanic to some extent. Braveheart was funded by the Americans.

Modern Hollywood horror films such as Jeepers Creepers, My Little Eye, all the Scream clones, the Halloween and Alien legacy and so on are all carbon copies of each other with the same ephemeral cast members - ephemeral because most of them will be forgotten by 2005. It's got so bad Hollywood is now churning out endless vehicles for pop stars e.g. J-Lo, Britney and so on, each of which has been dreadful.

I know America makes all the films anyway but each Hollywood 'blockbuster' is crap in its own way. There is some really good stuff out there but it's hidden beneath a morass of rubbish.

If I speak for other people it's with complete assurance that I am right. One of my mates is heavily into cinema and he is continually berating every American film going; he loves British films. My brother is addicted to British films.

On the other subject, yes, the females of many species are bigger than the males. But Cacodemons are Cacodemons. They are the spawn of evil. Creatures from hell. It's unlikely they would have gender as we recognise it; they are presumably moulded from pure human hatred and become sentient after a certain amount of time. This would be the equivalent of 'birth'. They're also very BIG. That's why they are scary. It's also one of the reasons they are different from Lost Souls.