Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Sessions 6 - Better Late Than Never

Will be held on the 9th September, 2017.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be Boom compatible and playable in -complevel 9 in order to increase flexibility. You don't have to use Boom actions if you don't want to.

- You'll get three themes when the session starts to ensure fair play. The bonus, last session will also contain a bonus theme

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map

So, the first session will be held on 7:00 am UTC, or 8:00 am GMT (New York is UTC-4 so take that as an example) and the second session will be held on 7:00 pm UTC!

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

NEW - WE HAVE OUR OWN DISCORD SERVER NOW! Feel free to join, even if you won't map (we need playtesters and mods) and have fun chatting! 

https://discord.gg/usQDVGd

I hope you'll enjoy and come back for more next month when it will be held at the first Saturday again!!

Although I'm going back to work after this weekend and am anticipated to be quite busy for the next few months until Christmas, I will hopefully be able to livestream the completed wad once again. No active participation in the session itself though.

I wasn't sure until now, but it seems like if nothing weird happens I'll be able to join for the second session again.

Themes

- outdoors; most of the map takes place outdoors 

- the middle of the map contains "treasure" (something important like an altar or gold or something) 

- lots of hidden passageways

edit: should be ok now

mommy i did it

Name: UNORTHODOX (all-caps looks better)

music: "Conquerors" by Ofisil (e2m8 of, yeah you guessed it, Doom: Damnation)

Themes: 1 and 2 (to an extent...)

Time: mapping maybe 02:40; playtesting 00:20; music and uploading 00:10.......... plus a lot, lot of bugfixing

https://doomshack.org/uploads/UNORTHODOX-eagle06-bzzrak-V2.wad

Edited by bzzrak

kinda completable in uv-speed, mostly untested

passageway.zip

Title: Passageway

Description: MAP01 remake with a twist

Protip: Check every different textures from the main theme of the rooms

Theme: Hidden Passageways, duh 

Build Time: 2 hours

New Music: No

12 hours ago, NaZa said:

Themes

- outdoors; most of the map takes place outdoors 

- the middle of the map contains "treasure" (something important like an altar or gold or something) 

- lots of hidden passageways

Bonus theme - all weapons must be present in the map

Title: I Tried To Make The Gameplay At Least Decent This Time (I bet that title won't fit lol)

Build time: 2 hours and 35 minutes (including DB crashing twice ffs).

Themes: All four (I think).

Music: Doom II: The Dave D. Taylor Blues (because why not?)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jxe1to4cgx8kz5/itsdone.wad?dl=1

Edit: I fixed a couple texture issues.

Edited by Surreily : Changed the 0 to a 1 in the link.

Map Name: "Courtyard Catastrophe"

Track Used: "Core" by Stewboy

Build Time: About 3 hours

Themes: Outdoors / Altar (very simplistic looking; serves as the level exit) / Bonus - all weapons

Edited by A2Rob

Viscera

Build time: 2h40

Themes: 1,2, bonus

Music: E3M8

Note: uses CC4 tex, thought this would be ok as they were allowed in the previous session, if not i'll retexture it quickly i guess

(*edit* re-added the new sky, map now won't work in boom until it has been compiled with the other textures)

Edited by Scotty

masterpiecespeedmap.zip

"60 minute masterpiece"

build time: 1 hour 20 minutes lmao

themes: all weapons, outdoors almost kinda sorta not really

music: nightwish wanderlust

note: this killed my desire to map

i woke up 2 hours late and made this, really just to show people what a failure i am, not as a submission

if this literal meme map gets accepted anyways i'll eat my socks

Guys, custom textures were allowed if you wanted to use some. I'll make it more clear next time. 

In the meantime, the compilation will probably be ready in a day since I'm away from my PC atm. 

I just noticed a mistake on my map, I was going to make the linedefs around the YK area impassable to stop the archviles from launching the player outside, but apparently I forgot.

I don't think it's worth it to make another download just for that, but if you could change those linedefs to impassable it would be great.

Ahhhh ffs if it gets uploaded too early I'm asked why is it uploaded so early. If it's uploaded late I get asked why is it late. 

I'm certain that NaZa has a good reason to be taking this long, just as I'm certain that nobody wants to put pressure on him to hurry up, he's doing us all a favour by taking care of the compiling after all.

That said, it is unusual how long this is taking. It would be nice to leave a message like "Have a little patience, I'm still working on it", just so we know you didn't forget about it or something :S.