Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Explicit version. Video is obviously from the sanitized version, so there are several sync problems. But it sounds great.

First heavy metal band? The argument will go on forever, but there's no doubt that Blue Cheer, out of San Francisco, has a claim on the title. Personally, I think Black Sabbath is the band that put all the metal pieces together in 1970, but Blue Cheer released 2 incredible albums in 1968, Vincebus Eruptum and OutsideInside, predating basically everyone. 

Heavy metal grew out of electric blues, acid rock and psychedelia. Blue Cheer is perhaps best described as "heavy psychedelic blues," and this song, parts of which sound like a dinosaur dying in agony, is most likely every '60s parent's nightmare of what acid rock sounded like. 

Although Blue Cheer was virtually unknown for years, they nonetheless had a significant influence on punk rock, and grunge. Indeed, many early Mudhoney songs sound like Blue Cheer with jokes. So lock up your kids! Alert the authorities! It's Blue Cheer! ;)

44 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I've had this on repeat for like three days @_@

Not complaining or anything but, you do post a lot in here haha, :D 

3 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Not complaining or anything but, you do post a lot in here haha, :D 

I pretty much always have music playing, too. It's extremely unusual for something to not be playing around me.

1 minute ago, Voltcom9 said:

I will have to check that out! I really dig dark ambient tracks! Trent Reznors OST for QUAKE was probably my favourite soundtrack of any movie or game ever so if it's anything like that I'll likely really enjoy it.

Yeah, I love Quake's soundtrack as well.  Dark ambient just fits it so well ^_^

Lustmord is hard to find, but some of his stuff is on Bandcamp.  His album Heresy from 1990 is especially awesome.  The liner notes for it state:

"Heresy is the culmination of work carried out from 1987 to 1989 and utilizes subterranean location recordings originated within crypts, caverns, mines, deep shelters and catacombs together with material of seismic and volcanic origin. It also takes advantage of psycho-acoustic phenomena and the physical effects of low frequency information."

There's also these:

Straight outta Cleveland! The band was called simply The Dead Boys. The uploader should know this since he's the band's drummer. ;D