Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

Drooly has eyes!

After examining the new scans, I noticed that Drooly actually HAS eyes. Look [url removed - sorry folks, orders directly from the top]here.

He has very small, blue eyes, and they are placed very low. That sure ruined his erm... "cuteness".

nonsense. imp has 2+ eyes. why shouldnt have drooly any? even hellspawn should have eyes if they want to evade us on our terrain. radar methods are only practicable when theres full/total darkness - we all learned that hell must have a very bright environment due to fact of the enormous fireplaces everywhere :)) -> so every kind of hellspawn must have at least one eye...ridiculous conclusion hah.

ok. i never believed that drooly should be blind.

The Hell Knight could also have some kind of sonar organ like a hammerhead shark. He´s forehead looks a bit like that. He doesn´t necessarely need eyes, I would find it more interesting if he has no normal eyes.

Now he looks even more like the Newborn off that POS ALien Resurrection...thankfully he is much more terrifying and has better monster design :)

Tetzlaff said:

The Hell Knight could also have some kind of sonar organ like a hammerhead shark. He´s forehead looks a bit like that. He doesn´t necessarely need eyes, I would find it more interesting if he has no normal eyes.

Correction:
Hammerhead sharks don't use sonar. They sense things by smell. Their heads look so weird to facilitate very widely spaced nostrils. This gives them a three dimensional sense of smell. It is believed that hammerheads use their sense of smell in the same manner that other creatures use vision. Strange indeed, but effective.

A better example of your point would be a whale. They have these big bulbous heads full of oil that gives them excellent sonar vision. The Hell Knight's head is clearly big enough to house such an organ, but i'm unsure how well they function outside water.

Yeah, I like his little beady eyes. Couldn't ever see them before.

I realize that he really reminds me of the rancor from Star Wars. Beady eyes fairly low in a massive skull. I can't wait to meet him :)

Little Faith said:

A better example of your point would be a whale. They have these big bulbous heads full of oil that gives them excellent sonar vision.

Yes that´s a better example! Thx for the correction. Though the hammerhead-like smell vision you described would also be cool for the Hell Knight :)

I don't really care that much - eyes, no eyes, it still looks kickass.
Hm, well, actually now I think about it, it's cooler that it has these tiny "eyeholes". The cool thing is that you can't really tell what's its eyes and what's its nostrils.

I can't wait to meet him :)

I can't either:
Me: "Ah, Mr. Hell Knight at last we meet again, allow me to introduce you to my little friend" *blam**chuck-chack*
>:-]

dsm said:

Me: "Ah, Mr. Hell Knight at last we meet again, allow me to introduce you to my little friend" *blam**chuck-chack*
>:-]

You evil, evil person. How can you even THINK of shooting poor old drooly? He had a rough childhood :)

Shaviro said:

You evil, evil person. How can you even THINK of shooting poor old drooly? He had a rough childhood :)

Yeah well so had I ;-)

MRB_Doom said:

Gah, I'll go berserk on the big, ugly drooly >:D

..said the marine who foolishly went headfirst into a fight with a Hell Knight armed solely with his fist and whose head became fodder for the very same Hell Knight.
;-)

dsm said:

..said the marine who foolishly went headfirst into a fight with a Hell Knight armed solely with his fist and whose head became fodder for the very same Hell Knight.
;-)

I'd never go into a fistfight with one of those big uglies without any armed backup of some sort :-) That same marine was carrying a huge backpack on his back, armed with a nice chaingun. After his short fistfight with the Hell Knight, he ran from the beast, opened his backpack, put his chaingun around one of his arms, and ended the life of that horrible demon. End of story damnit ;)

Hmm... I think we can assume there isn't going to be a berserk mode in D3, right?

I mean, damn, look at that hell knight! He's so huge, he could crush your skull in one hand. He's so huge and jacked that he would be able to punch a human's head off. A human fist is just too small really hurt something that big.... unless it actually is able to penetrate his skin... ugh, that's pretty gross to imagine. heh heh Like one of us punching into a watermelon... nice and sloppy.

I think we'll have our fists as a "weapon", if we don't have any ammo left for our regular arsenal (pistol etc). Or should we go Duke Nukem style, and kick their asses? Nope, fists will do. Thoughts?

WIth the monsters the way they are now, berserk would only really be useful for zombies, MAYBE imps, and MAYBE the former human commandos (possesed dudes).

I'm happy enough that I'm getting my chainsaw back.

/me rev's up his chainsaw and lunges at shaviro :-)

Livo said:

Now he looks even more like the Newborn off that POS ALien Resurrection...thankfully he is much more terrifying and has better monster design :)

He looks nothing like that newborn, that thing looked like satan, haha IMO

According to his head size, he is even smarter then einstein was. OMG it is einstein! Either way, i saw his eyes a few days ago, it looks even more scary now, but differant.

Crix said:

Hmm... I think we can assume there isn't going to be a berserk mode in D3, right?

Uh how can we assume that?
You could use it against zombies and against pinkies (just because it's easier for the pinky to bite you now doesn't mean that you can't hurt it with a punch before it even touches you). Because the monsties are more badass now doesn't exclude the possibility if a fist attack - the fist could be equally boosted for all we know (like having two fists that hit faster instead of one fist).

Maybe a berserk state could have more effects than just increased strength.

Maybe it could also increase the Doomguy's stamina and resistance of pain.

The drug-induced berserker fit should, however, be followed by a downer period with decreased strength and stamina complete with random seizures and vomit.

That could be cool.

Little Faith said:

Maybe a berserk state could have more effects than just increased strength.

Maybe it could also increase the Doomguy's stamina and resistance of pain.

The drug-induced berserker fit should, however, be followed by a downer period with decreased strength and stamina complete with random seizures and vomit.

That could be cool.

I was thinking along those lines too. Yeah it'd be cool except for the down period which would just be plain annoying.

heh, the hell knight looks alot like that creature from lord of the rings! The creature that showed up in the caves of the trolls.

AIRmichael said:

heh, the hell knight looks alot like that creature from lord of the rings! The creature that showed up in the caves of the trolls.

Unsurprisingly, it's called a Cave Troll =)