Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

Yeah, me too sometimes. It gets annoying. It mostly appears at night time in my country.

When a thread in Doom Editing Questions exceeds 30 posts, its next pages aren't accessible from the subforum's list of threads (like in other subforums), but only from within the thread itself (making it easy to fail to notice posts on the next page).

Edited by scifista42

Oi! Mozilla Firefox. When I click on "what is on your mind" to write <whatever>  it says loading and I am taken to my profile. Am I stupid or is this function broken in this particular browser (Mozilla Firefox) I am using. It ain't a legacy one. :p

3 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Oi! Mozilla Firefox. When I click on "what is on your mind" to write <whatever>  it says loading and I am taken to my profile. Am I stupid or is this function broken in this particular browser (Mozilla Firefox) I am using. It ain't a legacy one. :p

I can't reproduce this bug on Firefox ESR 45.9.0. What version are you using?

trying to change my pfp to an animated version but it keeps squishing the hell out of it for some reason

pfpbroke.jpg

I've had RSS feed enabled for several years. Very handy. Always worked. I just now realized (slow, I know) that it stopped working. Last March. Final notification is 10 March 2017. I miss this, especially since I seem to do my reading here in great semi-annual spasms.

Also, in Seamonkey the new message editor looks goofy (tho it seems to work all right). Menu looks like styles aren't working: just text with mouseover, no images.

On 24. 9. 2017 at 8:51 AM, Rez said:

I've had RSS feed enabled for several years. Very handy. Always worked. I just now realized (slow, I know) that it stopped working. Last March. Final notification is 10 March 2017. I miss this, especially since I seem to do my reading here in great semi-annual spasms.

There is an RSS feed for each (sub)forum now. For example, if you want to subscribe to DW News, go to https://www.doomworld.com/forum/20-doomworld-news/, scroll to the bottom, and locate the RSS icon on the right; depending on your bowser, an RSS icon might also appear in your address bar.

Hi, editing quotes on a phone is impossible, it seems. If there's a @@@@mention, then it plain can't be deleted out of the quote (if you want to quote just a specific part of it).

I'm on the latest Opera Mobile, Android 6.0.something.

I just tried to upload a photo for a post and it gave me this:

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

The photo I was trying to upload came from my laptop's hard drive and was 1.4 Mb, math tells me that is not above the 5 Mb limit...

I tried to embed the image in this thread:

1 hour ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I just tried to upload a photo for a post and it gave me this:

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

I finally (many months later...) looked into the server variables I needed to change and larger uploads should work now. I hope.

19 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I finally (many months later...) looked into the server variables I needed to change and larger uploads should work now. I hope.

Thank you, I was able to upload the photo!

So this just happend

e - Okay, I got the "please wait awhile before positing" - message but no indication that a post had been made either way. Trolls.

Edited 3 minutes ago by NeedHealth

I hope this is the right place to put this! So, I created an account, obviously, using the "Sign in with Google" option. BUT, when I went to change my settings for my account, it wouldn't let me, because I had to enter my account password, and when I entered the password for my google account, it did not work. Can I get some help?

Hmm, was it "Account Security"? That seems sub optimal that it asks for your password, since the whole point of logging in through Google is that we don't have any password stored for you.

Well, the upshot is that the only Account Security option is to turn on two-factor authentication (assuming that normal members are allowed to do that, which I think they are), but I will still need to file a bug about that.

Are you on the classic /idgames interface? Those reviews have since been removed in favor of ones in the [url=https://www.doomworld.com/files/]Downloads[/url] section, which at some point is going to replace the old interface outright once it gets restyled to not look like poop.

[boy i wonder who's in charge of doing that]

Trying to find an author's maps by searching their name on the newfangled idgames frontend seems not to work, at least not for older stuff.  Seems it doesn't have an option to search within the text file like the old one did?

Using the new interface would be absolutely miserable for purposes of historical research, like trying to put together a full list of somebody's mods when that person has been editing since 1994 or what have you.

3 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Trying to find an author's maps by searching their name on the newfangled idgames frontend seems not to work, at least not for older stuff.  Seems it doesn't have an option to search within the text file like the old one did?

Indeed. The new software claimed it had the ability to allow you to search on custom fields, but it turns out the software LIED and this feature does not actually exist, at all. That's one of the reasons for the delays.  

I don't know if this is a bug but...I recently posted an image in the "Post a Doom picture" topic. It had 164 kb. Now I can upload another image but up to 80 kb.......what the hell???

It's like everytime I upload something, the value for the next upload decreases by half. I don't know if it happens the same for other users as well...

EDIT: someone in private told me that I needed to check my attachment storage and it was full.....looks like the storage needs more capacity or upload the images to an external source like Imgur...my bad.

Edited by leodoom85 : Damn phone typing.....

I saw a duplicate of my avatar flashing with the frames of the original one. Kind of interesting. 

Screenshot_20180131-194848.png