Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termrork

Doomiablo 0.1.0 - Tech Demo - Environment, Monsters, Duel & Weapons

God damn this is the first I'm hearing of this and it looks amazing. If anything only thing I have to suggest personally is to make the UI to look more like Doom and less like Diablo, but I don't know how Diablo-y you want it to be.

Either its incredible.

thank you for your response! the ui right now is almost everything coming from diablo, this means I did not replace anything of it yet, BUT this will change in future, the ui will be doomlike. in the end there should be almost no diablo texture visible anymore

I am so excited for this.  What software will we need to play this?  Also, will infighting be possible?

41 minutes ago, Tracer said:

I am so excited for this.  What software will we need to play this?  Also, will infighting be possible?

Diablo 2; and probably not, at least default Diablo 2 didn't have it.

7 hours ago, Tracer said:

nice to hear! you will need diablo 2 which costs around 10 $. also you will need doom2.wad or the free freedom.wad (which should not be a problem for someone being in the doomworld forum ; )).

I am working on monster infights, a problem with this is, either everything causes damage to everybody, or nothing. i.e. imps can also harm other imps although this is not possible in doom. also in coop this will result into friendly fire like in the vanilla doom (what I have to admit was super fun for lan games, but is hilarious for online play). which choice would you take? friendly fire on or not?

7 hours ago, ArcheKruz said:

I need to install Diablo II again...

yes, it is a great game and always fun to play. besides doom this is the game my most gaming time went into.

@Angry_Cat happy to hear that : )

@CARRiON yes, sadly none of these reached a state which I like to play more than 2 ours. i.e. fall of mars sadly wanted to cross doom with diablo 1, which does not really have an endgame and therefore you play fall of mars 2 hours and you are finished, you cannot even do anything anymore since everything is cleared.

@Philnemba thank you!

Hmm...is there a way to make it possible for the player to turn infighting on or off in settings?  The idea of the same monster types infighting each other sounds good...but I can see it becoming messy.

7 hours ago, Tracer said:

Hmm...is there a way to make it possible for the player to turn infighting on or off in settings?  The idea of the same monster types infighting each other sounds good...but I can see it becoming messy.

one could allow the player to choose before he starts the game, but then it is fixed for the session. of course this is only ok for singleplayer, if you want to do multiplayer the server or host decides

I like that idea.  One of the great things about Doom is pitting enemies against each other!  Also...will berserk be temporary like a blessing in Diablo or permanent throughout the chapter (like in a Doom map)?  Or will berserk pack be in the form of a melee weapon that degrades with use?  I think any of those sound good.

3 hours ago, Tracer said:

I like that idea.  One of the great things about Doom is pitting enemies against each other!  Also...will berserk be temporary like a blessing in Diablo or permanent throughout the chapter (like in a Doom map)?  Or will berserk pack be in the form of a melee weapon that degrades with use?  I think any of those sound good.

right now I favor that it is temporary with a cool down. that it is active for a whole chapter is too long imo. In doom a map is a few minutes, but clearing a chapter in diablo can take an hour. This way berserk wouldn't be something special.

Well, well. This looks freaking fun, look at those amazing powers. Plasma Balls? Hell, Diablo is not going to enjoy me this time. Nice work! I really must check it out when its done, I like Diablo 2 a hell lot. Keep it up!