Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayomancer

Magic: The Gathering players?

I've been a casual MTG player for some years now, so i've been thinking about joining the competitve scene of my region.

In platonic love with Legacy, though my wallet does not aprove this relationship (MTGO is a better way to get in, maybe?), vintage sounds nice too if the tournment host accepts proxies.

So, any Magic player ? Do you play competitively or just for fun ?

Bad time to be a Legacy player. Wizards just pulled out of hosting its Legacy events at the Dutch Open Series. Given the ever increasing expenses for buying fetch/dual lands, the competitive Legacy scene is only going to continue to shrink. Which is a real shame, because it's one of the most exciting, diverse and skill intensive formats out there.  

16 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Bad time to be a Legacy player. Wizards just pulled out of hosting its Legacy events at the Dutch Open Series. Given the ever increasing expenses for buying fetch/dual lands, the competitive Legacy scene is only going to continue to shrink. Which is a real shame, because it's one of the most exciting, diverse and skill intensive formats out there.  

It's a shame indeed. I own a wannabe UR delver deck with a budget mana base and no FoW's, it is plausible to buy the fetches and forces piece-by-piece over time but currently a set of volcanic islands costs as much as a GTX 1080 Ti. Though i guess it is possible to play with shock lands (Again, it gets a lot easier if the store allows the use of proxies).

I haven't played in a while. There would be bursts of interest among select friends, usually when some utterly OP release came along (like the Eldrazi), then interest would wane again.

I've been playing for the past 5 years or so now, although over the last year I've not had much time to play anything besides draft/sealed. I've had a lot of free time this summer though, so I've gotten back into playing Modern - Snapcasters 4 lyf. B^>

I've had an interest in getting into Legacy, but at the same time - yeah, I'm not interested in paying ££££ for cards that I'll be lucky to actually play more than, say, once a month. There just aren't enough people who play it. Online has a more extensive player base as most of the format staples are relatively cheap on MODO, but with WotC announcing Magic: Arena, I have no idea if the main MODO client will have a significant amount of its player base pulled away from it towards the new online client.

Also, Ixalan pre-releases are happening this weekend, and I'm deffo heading to a couple of them. Anybody else planning on playing one?