Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

[ENDED] Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee currently free on GoG

I wouldn't really know, I claimed it on Steam a while back but never yet got a chance to play it. I have always heard good things about this game back in its day.

2 hours ago, Red said:

Never played any Oddworld game, is this a good starting point?

It's the first game in the series, and it's quite the epic experience if you're into puzzle platformers. The scenery is fantastic and gritty.

The gameplay itself is alright, I will say the Oddworld games have a thick and amazing atmosphere to them.

I adore the original. One of my top five ps1 games for sure. I was a huge nerd for Prince of Persia, Out of This World, and similar games as a kid.

6 hours ago, Red said:

Never played any Oddworld game, is this a good starting point?

It's hard as nails. Proceed if you like tons of trial and error, or looking up a walkthrough out of frustration.

Besides that, the game at least looks really good. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the gameplay, but I think it's worth checking out at least once.

I remember this being in all bargain bins at super markets at least since 2001, if that means anything.

It was probably more popular on the PS1 version than the PC version, PC ports of certain games seemed to have been hugely unheard of. Unless you saw both versions being treated that way. It could've been one of those good but overlooked types of games, I don't really know though.

Probably, being a platformer, it was just a "fashion victim" on the PC and barely passable on a console like the PSX.

2 hours ago, CARRiON said:

This game is for the masochists in the audience only.

It's not THAT bad lol 

admittedly I prefer Abe's Exoddus, the lore is amazing and I've loved it ever since I was a kid. 

11 hours ago, Agentbromsnor said:

looking up a walkthrough out of frustration

one of the few games where a walkthrough won't help. it's all pretty straight forward, it's all about timing and reflexes really. 

And free on Humble... and its been free on Steam. Maybe a new one is in the works?