Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

DOOM=DOOM

Download: DOOM=DOOM [limit removing]

I wasn't sure how to achieve good gameplay in an open city, so I just put a roaming cyberdemon and a Peter Gabriel song in there. The cyber wants to be your sledgehammer but perhaps you have other plans?

SCLC2n0.png

Really unenjoyable because I spent most of the time running around being shot at from a distance and scrounging for health. Unless I missed it, there didn't appear to be an Armor near the start, and that would make this map about 100x better in my opinion.

This is the best map of yours I've played since probably 2015. Has a lot of similar concepts as more recent small wads ('clever progression' devices), but they all feel a lot more natural here, and aesthetically this is quite strong too. Quite good stuff. Gameplay is strong as well. I thought it was fairly leisurely for the most part, with a few scares caused by unexpected traps and a few tense moments where the wandering cyber suddenly appeared near the exit of a building. I fought it about two-thirds of the map in, because grabbing the plasma rifle near the tower baron seemed too dangerous with it around. It seems like you are putting a bit of effort into crafting some subtle pleasures or amusements (e.g. archvile and its gang of troopers that will have left tons of dropped clips by the time you reach it) without being so obvious about it.

fda and using iddt*1

visualy and design/architect is superb

armor and tight ammo keeps me on my toes 

some enemies feel less threatening than others

cool map

fda.zip

Lol I downloaded this few days ago and forgot about the cyber, I was scared when it appeared as I was prepared for a peaceful stroll after a first glance at the map. The invuln. is very handy though, even if I found it when everything was over, but I was lucky that I could get the plasma rifle undisturbed. The green slad building was my favourite piece of architecture. It was fun to run back and forth to leave behind the cyber, and it also gave a hand to clean map. Here's also a rather slowly played fda if you want to watch it.

doomdoom_gaspefda.zip

Very unique map honetly, at the beggining I used the cyberdemon to kill all the monthers so I got lot's of munition... but dont take my method in count

Memfis, could you put all the wads you made in the past years in some combined "Megawad"? I think you easily end up with more than 32 standalone maps......

Because why?: It's better to host several different wads for online coop play  than only a single wad...

Just ignore me if that was a stupid or silly question....

Pretty frustrating map the first several attempts after getting mauled by hitscanners because I suck. After finding a manageable enough route I was beginning to have more fun. Also managed 100% kills and ran around for a while looking for a missing secret and exit when I clocked in at an hour.

Spoiler

Missed the secret lift that was marked with two torches. Not sure how I was supposed to notice that.

I take it there are no difficulty settings since I tried lowering it after doing terribly at first but nothing seemed different. Overall pretty fun map with some nice ideas - feels like it'd fit right at home with Memento Mori. Only minor disappointment was I was hoping for a more climactic battle before the exit since I still have over 100 cells and some other stock ammo.

Edited by valkiriforce