Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert_Kendo

wad submission: Waist High In The Damned

Hello fellow DOOM slayers!

I'd like to present to you my first submission "Waist High In The Damned" (whitd.wad)

Heres the imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/FVorf

Heres the google drive link for the WAD https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ywSSVgJxIQTnVGOXcybzRGbWs

It's available right now under "newstuff" on the DoomWorld FTP server under "whitd.wad"

It's just a damn fun vanilla Doom2 level! This level is a linear race to the finish that progresses like a condensed campaign. Every power-up, monster, and weapon was meticulously placed and play-tested. It starts out simple with just a shotgun and quickly     but steadily ramps up the difficulty, as well as the arsenal. Balanced for "Ultra Violence"

It may be my first submission but its definitely not my first map and it probably wont be my last, enjoy!

Edited by Robert_Kendo : Clicked submit on accident... *added GDrive download

7 minutes ago, Robert_Kendo said:

It's available right now under "newstuff" on the DoomWorld FTP server under "whitd.wad"

excuse me

(the pictures look great though)

4 minutes ago, bonnie said:

excuse me

(the pictures look great though)

Sorry, am I doing this right? Ive never uploaded a wad before. If you go to the DoomWorld frontend for the IDgames archive ( https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/ ) it directs newstuff to the newstuff folder and directs you to a FTP thingy "/pub/idgames/newstuff"

Perhaps I should have just uploaded to a file server and left a link... my bad

8 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Do you have alternative link to wad? Like dropbox or google drive?

Ok, I added a google drive link. Sorry for the troubles, hopefully that's all you need to download it. After all this I hope the level is worth your time!   XD

Sorry for double posting.

So what mapping format did you really use here? Plain Doom 2 format or zdoom/gzdoom in Doom 2 format? In both demo attempts, I couldn't progress further, because stuff is broken as heck in prboom+. I'm leaving both demo lumps here(one in complevel 2 and second in complevel 9), maybe someone could explain that broken thing? I played it without forced complevel stuff after that, but results are same.

whitd_demo.zip

I enjoyed your themes.  The half base half hell sections.  Then playing through the same halls in both themes.  Nice.  I also enjoyed your traps and tricks.  Kept me on my toes.  The only issue I had was I didn't have enough ammo to beat the spawner.  May that was on me and my love of rockets.  Maybe some ammo staches in the last room?  Otherwise, great job