Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

What's Doomguy like in your mind?

He was created as a blank template, so if you're like me you would have created a personality for him-most likely an extension of your own.

I think of Doomguy as your average stoic 90s badass, but with a healthier mix of playfulness and cynicism and a more curious side to him.

I like to think of him as the horrified guy, who is left behind by his team and wonders what is he going to do. He can't retreat. He can only take his pistol and push forward, while doing as much damage as possible to the demons, before going down. He has nothing to lose while being on the empty moons of Mars. He finds more weapons on his journey and he manages to kill many horrifying demons, which raises his courage. Then he is slowly turned into a fearless killing machine. Possibly the best warrior that humanity has ever seen. And he managed the impossible. He entered Hell and returned alive, having accomplished the task of stopping the demon invasion.

But without someone or something to love, his character is now 100% rage and emptiness (poor Daisy). Whenever he is needed, he does his job well and he never really stops, because of the demons being very persistent.

Alternate answer: Doomguy represents the player, so he has the character of each player.

I like to imagine him taking a break to have a drink in some abandoned store in-between fights during Doom 2, feelling like, "i'm tired of this shit".

Edited by GhoulDesecrator

He likes to seize flowers, donate to Orphanage, serve hot meals to the poor

Also, every pray he makes, goes to the starving children in Africa

I think of him as a 3 dimensional human being that has a life outside of "KILL KILL KILL"

He can outrun his own rockets and even BFG balls if he's sliding north or east along a wall. He can go thru some walls, too.

Fighting monsters is his life. He forgot what fear is a long time ago. He has no hatred for the monsters either. Actually he has a deep respect for them as they provide him with endless entertainment and give him a reason to fight. They make his existence meaningful.

A marine. Not a "genetically enhanced super soldier", just a strong human marine who's good at shooting things, wearing armour (not a fucking Master Chief suit).

Not particularly talented or courageous, just hard working. He's just doing his job cause that's all there is to do.

Cold, calm, a man like stone itself with the crushing force of a mountain and as fearless as hell itself... 

Yet inside he feels sorrow, loss and pain a medikit can't solve, he's crushed by the loss of his friends and his lost brothers are what drives him to fight.

7edgy14me

I think he's rather stoic. He started out scared of the first imp he saw, confused about these blood-stained ex-humans who were trying to kill him, and he did what he had to do to defend himself. He soon discovered that these were not much of a threat, but new monster varieties kept turning up. Meanwhile, he realized what was going on, and he did what he had to do to stop it. Over time, his fears subsided, because he learned how to handle various monster types in various situations, and he was able to take on bigger hordes at a time with greater ease than before.

It's not that he particularly likes his job -- he just knows that if he doesn't do it, no one else will.

21 minutes ago, stru said:

"How big do you think Doomguy's cock is?"

Easy, 4 9 map episodes and 32 extra maps were fucked by him so I'd give him about 4.567km length and at least 500m girth, however untold miles of hell got fucked too and we still can't decide on solid cannon:

Did he fuck mother demons shit too? Is it him in Final Doom? Does Doom 64 go to Doom 4? is impse cannonical? is H-Doom an accurate depiction of Doom Dongtm? Why are slaughterwads looked down upon? Too many unanswered questions!

So the heated debate is still up to this day, I'm part of the Schlong Sidetm of the argument so I'm still at odds with the chode chooserstm as we simply cannot agree.

57 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Easy, 4 9 map episodes and 32 extra maps were fucked by him so I'd give him about 4.567km length and at least 500m girth, however untold miles of hell got fucked too and we still can't decide on solid cannon:

Did he fuck mother demons shit too? Is it him in Final Doom? Does Doom 64 go to Doom 4? is impse cannonical? is H-Doom an accurate depiction of Doom Dongtm? Why are slaughterwads looked down upon? Too many unanswered questions!

So the heated debate is still up to this day, I'm part of the Schlong Sidetm of the argument so I'm still at odds with the chode chooserstm as we simply cannot agree.

HDoom. 

He's got this rage that's mostly bridled by some fear of and confusion about the monster's he's facing. But mostly, he's here to do a job, no matter the cost, and he'll be damned if someone tries to stop him.

He's probably a pretty zen dude if he can handle this kind of catastrophe. So I figure he's pretty well read and spiritual but not in a preachy way. He's fast and agile too, so I guess he's had some kind of dance training. Those leaps he can pull off to clear big gaps suggests years of dedication to ballet.

6 hours ago, Mr. Trotl said:

I see him like brother of duke nukem

One big badass brother. 

I look at him as an incredibly powerful being with unimaginable abilities and a great thirst for violence and massacre, I see him as the man who with only 1 shotgun is able to spit in his face the icon of sin. He who walks between corpses, between fire and lava, between demons and monsters, he who fights against the devil himself and emerges victorious. Beyond any demon, I think it's the most frightening character in the entire Doom saga. Hell, I even think he easily defeats Kratos when it comes to being a badass.

e2d.gif

I see Doomguy as a disgraced former officer of the Marine Corps, suffering from schizophrenia and post traumatic stress disorder.  Brought on by his years of combat experience, his bouts of PTSD send him into fits of acute psychosis, becoming extremely violent.  The demons are all in his head...  The zombies, however, his former brothers in arms, friends and family.  He's not traveling to hell to fight the demon hordes; he's descending further and further into madness, all the while earnestly believing he's fighting the good fight.

Poor bastard.

I see doom guy as a rebel space marine who hates to be told what to do, will kill you if you cross him the wrong way, but deep down in him there is some compassion in him, possible father figure.

after defeating hell, he learns to enjoy the simple things. possibly.

6 minutes ago, DoctorFrickinRetro said:

I see doom guy as a rebel space marine who hates to be told what to do, will kill you if you cross him the wrong way, but deep down in him there is some compassion in him, possible father figure.

after defeating hell, he learns to enjoy the simple things. possibly.

That sounds like Kratos from God of War :)