Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

What was your first PC game?

My parents bought me my first PC circa 2002. i was very excited with the idea, what they did not tell me, though, was that they would sell my psx in order to buy the computer...

The first games i got installed were Medal of Honor Allied Assault and IL-2 Sturmovik, some years later followed by MoH PA and Doom 3.

I've been a console boy my entire life, however if we ignore schools edutainment games then my first PC game was actually Doom 3.

I couldn't play it due to the alien layout of a keyboard so I ended up getting it on Xbox later.

Not owned: Prehistoric Man with MS-DOS in a pc that had Windows 95 like 20 years ago

Owned: Doom >:)

Can't really remember. It was either oregon trail, Carnivores, or Chaos island: Jurassic park. Chaos island was a single player rts based on jurassic park. 

Half Life: Opposing Force

I'd already played the main game on PS2. I've also got the Blue Shift expansion pack, but am unable to play it as it didn't come with a product key.

3 hours ago, GhoulDesecrator said:

My parents bought me my first PC circa 2002. i was very excited with the idea, what they did not tell me, though, was that they would sell my psx in order to buy the computer...

The first games i got installed were Medal of Honor Allied Assault and IL-2 Sturmovik, some years later followed by MoH PA and Doom 3.

There was this nice Flight Simulator about WWII planes... really old I dont remember exactly the name but it was so damn cool. I think it was like WWII Fighters, something like that, really old but great game.

1 hour ago, MrGlide said:

Can't really remember. It was either oregon trail, Carnivores, or Chaos island: Jurassic park. Chaos island was a single player rts based on jurassic park. 

Carnivores was one of my first Dino games, followed by Turok and Operation Genesis, damn fine games, for a small boy, dinosaurs were the best.

I think my earliest computer game was SimAnt on the Macintosh. It was fun and pretty educational, but I always dreaded getting eaten by the spider and having its creepy multi-eyed jaw/fanged "face" pop up on the screen. Still, lots of good memories playing Mac games in the computer lab during 5th - 9th grade. The Incredible Machine as someone already posted, Kid Pix, Spectre, the Oregon Trail, Shufflepuck Cafe, Prince of Persia, Slime Invaders, Lunatic Fringe, Wolf3D for some bizarre reason...

On PC proper, I think it was the shareware version of the first Descent. It was confusing at first and the minimap helped and hindered somewhat, but I got used to it. I never did beat the boss of the shareware, because he was in a donut-shaped room with a couple of the stronger enemies. He himself had a cloaking device, teleported around the room and used the stupidly OP Smart Missiles. God damn that yellow cyclopean bastard.

3 hours ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

Oh, I didn't know Sid Meier designed this. I remember playing a version of it on my janky NES. The periscope view only showed jumbled garbage, so I couldn't use the cannon or torpedoes with any accuracy.

3 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

Math Castle on a school computer. The first non-educational game was Willy the Worm.

Playing Tetris in my school while the teacher was out was one of the most extreme experiences in my youth.

Can you play "After Dark?" It was a screensaver system.

This game was my jam as a kid. My dad had handed me and my brother his laptop to let us play against each other in this game. Quick challenge: Name at least one race from this game that isn't the Ur-Quan or Earthling.

ayy.jpg

The first game I can remember playing was a memory match game at what must have been the age of 3.

Spoiler

animated-memory-game_2.png

759885-animated-memory-game-dos-screensh

At the age of 4 I was playing Commander Keen, Hocus Pocus, and Heretic.

At 5, I was playing Hexen, Descent, and Terminal Velocity.

Fun times!

9 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

Wew.

These are some seriously awfully designed levels. Ultimate Challenge is a little better, but not by much. The new graphics and sounds are pretty cool though, as most were re-used in custom addons.

"game" is sort of a broad term. like, does Reader Rabbit count? if we're talking like actual video games, then Doom, weirdly enough.

1 hour ago, Roofi said:

oh my god!!! I remember this game! Now I have a ridiculous craving to play it again, just because of its sheer oddness.

I remember being in the PC lab at college watching others playing what in hindsight I know to be Ultima II. The first PC game I played myself was Ultima III, a semester or two later.

The OP mentioned UT 2004. I have a VCTF server for that game running now. The bots names all come from the Ultima games.

The first PC game I ever played was mostly likely Doom, although I can't be sure. It could also have been Civilization II, or The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, but I think it's Doom simply because it was released a little earlier. As far as first game bought... fuck if I know. Could be The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-earth Anthology, but I can't be certain of that.

Fate

Developer by WildTangent

Publishers by WildTangent, Encore Software

&

Spider-Man & Friends 

Edited by Stickrip