Favourite Doom box art  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Doom box art

• Doom
    • Doom 2
    • Doom 3
    • Doom 2016
    • Doom PSX

I don't think I've ever seen this poll here before. I tried looking around for it, but couldn't come across it. 

I like Doom 2's box art the most. 

Edited by Ajora

You forgot Doom 64's box art. Speaking of which, anyone care for a decent quality wallpaper of it? I use this a lot when I am in Doom 64 moods.

yJOLVyI.jpg

Leaving out a game just because you think it isn't popular kind of defeats the purpose of asking people what their favorite box art is.

Edited by Avoozl

A classic...

Doom.jpg.6489ed1b37b2e0f80b56f4130f1d37f9.jpg

A weird cover, but it looks evil.

download.jpg.8dc312d071ec18d709b34daeb6ec5c2f.jpg

I also liked The Ultimate Doom's cover with shiny gold lettering on it and Doom 3's picture somewhat, though it is not on the top of my list and the Master Levels one looks cool.

Confession: I never liked the Doom 2 cover much, because of Doomguy's hair in it (it seems wrong to me), but the Cyberdemon is well drawn.

12 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Leaving out a game just because you think it isn't popular kind of defeats the purpose of asking people what their favorite box art is.

Ultimately, I knew it would mostly boil down to Doom 1 and Doom 2.

Not much know one, but this box art for doom 2e90.jpg

P.s. i remember someone on youtube animate this cover, but i cant find the video

6 hours ago, Mr. Trotl said:

Not much know one, but this box art for doom 2e90.jpg

P.s. i remember someone on youtube animate this cover, but i cant find the video

Dis one?

Speaking of, what's the highest resolution anyone has found for the Master Levels box art?

OG Doom box art will always be my favourite, with Doom 2 coming in a close second, followed by Ultimate Doom. Final Doom's and Master Levels' are underappreciated. Never cared much for the others.

What about Saturn Doom? [I'm on my phone, don't know how to grab image urls on here]

6 hours ago, Jamins34 said:

No love for Doom 2016 I see... depends on which cover we're talking about.

Honestly, even the 'classic' one doesn't do much for me. I mean, it's good art and captures the spirit of Doom '16 quite well, but it's no masterpiece. 

On 9/26/2017 at 6:40 AM, ShotgunDemolition said:

A weird cover, but it looks evil.

download.jpg.8dc312d071ec18d709b34daeb6ec5c2f.jpg

To me, this cover is not as "Doomy" as the Doom classic cover, but it's massively awesome. I want a huge poster of it, and tee-shirts! That is what should have been in Doom 4. Imagine seeing this guy pop up in front of you.

10 hours ago, kb1 said:

To me, this cover is not as "Doomy" as the Doom classic cover, but it's massively awesome. I want a huge poster of it, and tee-shirts!

Same! I want t-shirts and poster too!!! Unfortunately, they are not available for this version. And even if they were, everything gets really expensive and to even get the Ultimate Doom complete box, with the signed poster, it will mean a lot of searching on ebay, plus 100 euros and more to spent.

10 hours ago, kb1 said:

Imagine seeing this guy pop up in front of you.

That would be cool and by comparing him to the normal Doom 1 cover, there is a great chance that he is a simple Imp, so imagine how the rest of the monsters would look like!  :)