Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Would you have rather had a Quake reboot instead of QC?

I just had a thought about QC about how disappointing it's playing out to be and thought that I would have rather seen a Quake 1 (ONE) reboot. Maybe a dark industrial / gothic modern take on the game, particularly done by Machine Games if they could pull off a reboot like Wolfenstein (which turn into a modern masterpiece.)

Anyone else have a take on this? 

I've said it before, but there's a very easy way to make a Quake sequel that includes both Quake 1 and 2's universe.

You start out fighting the Strogg like normal, and at some point portals open that take you into the dark gothic Cthulhu world of Quake 1. Now you get Strogg and Cthulhu monsters fighting and you can have some environments that are all screwed up by the portals so half the level is a space base and the other half is a castle, both colliding into eachother.

Quake Champions is fine, the level art is fantastic as well as the ambient music just like the id Software made DLC maps for Doom were great looking. Playing a singleplayer (with coop PLEASE) campaign in these levels would be really, really great.

37 minutes ago, Lvangundy said:

I just had a thought about QC about how disappointing it's playing out to be 

I don't mean to derail the thread but what exactly is disappointing about it? I haven't really kept up with it since it was announced. 

I wish Quake Champions were simply the multiplayer aspect of a single player campaign.

I'm more fond of Quake 2 but happy for either 1 or 2 remake. If Quake 2 I want a bit of a Doom 2016 treatment with the music and satisfying kills but more range focused.

I mean Doom 2016 worked well as a soft reboot sequel, I’m sure Quake would have as well. As it is now I’ll probably play QC a few times, say it was pretty good, and forget about it in a couple days and play Overwatch instead.

I do like QC quite a lot actually, but would take a Quake 1 reboot anytime, 24/7. I just love the atmosphere of the game, it would look awesome in the new id tech engine.

Yeah, I guess, since I was never a huge fan of Q3A either and I did love the weird Lovecraftean gothic vibe of the original, but A) People still make plenty of maps for the original Quake so I'm all set there, and B) my computer is increasingly outdated so I wouldn't be able to play either QC or some other new Quake anyways.  So it's a bit of a moot point as far as I'm concerned.

Actually I'm fine with both. If id Software managed to reboot Doom and Machine Games with Wolfenstein, I don't see why Quake wouldn't be rebooted sometime in the future.

A Quake reboot would undoubtedly have multiplayer as DOOM 4 has. Which would be like Quake Champions... so sure Quake reboot.

I dunno. Quake 1's atmosphere and darkness are so iconic to me, that a modern reboot would probably crap all over it. It might very well be a good game, but it won't be the same. 

I for am am pretty pleased with QC although they need to fix the stupid netcode ASAP

No. I played Q3 more than all the other quake games combined several times, I love Quake1 but a reboot wouldn't have the same development of multiplayer gamemodes.

QC sucks alot, because shooting system is really terrible and I don't like idea to make Quake with heroes. At another hand Quake lost alot of drama with all these rounds. I still don't like this game and don't wanna play. Yeah, Quake 1 sequel must be alot better than nothing or QC.

For multiplayer fun I prefer sequel of Doom '16 than some kind of bullshit like QC.

I thought about this recently too. I have always loved the Gothic theme that Quake had to it. I would love to play a true Sequel to Quake. It would be amazing if they could get Trent back to do the sounds. One thing I would improve on from the original Quake (I am just saying this because it just popped into my head) is the shotguns. I always felt like the Quake shotguns never packed enough of a punch. 

On 9/29/2017 at 2:53 AM, wheresthebeef said:

I've said it before, but there's a very easy way to make a Quake sequel that includes both Quake 1 and 2's universe.

You start out fighting the Strogg like normal, and at some point portals open that take you into the dark gothic Cthulhu world of Quake 1. Now you get Strogg and Cthulhu monsters fighting and you can have some environments that are all screwed up by the portals so half the level is a space base and the other half is a castle, both colliding into eachother.

I want this to exist now.

I could use more strogg in my gaming life. I prefer Q2 strogg though. But it would be great if they create pure organic abominations as well. That would be a good substitute for Q1 monsters

On 9/29/2017 at 2:53 AM, wheresthebeef said:

That potential game practically writes itself.