Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Well I changed the whole look of map 16...Those screenshots I sent in are completely different then what the map is now..

I will send the new ones in later.

sparky said:

Wow 6 Pages !! I Can See That This Will Be Very Popular When Comes Out !! :)

Yes when I started this thread awhile back..I did not think it would get this big...But hey this project will be awesome when it's complete. So 6 pages and more to come.

just started on map 10....although I was suppose to work on it yesterday.....

I hate being lazy....

haven't started map13 yet, and 12 is inching along. I busy with work and everything. Besides i saw Tool yesterday ;D yes they kicked ass.

I did play infliction of hate and enjoyed it. A fun map with many variations in combat styles (i had fun trying to beat the fisrt area different ways, starting with the pistol of course). It's funny, in the txt file it describes the level size as 'medium', if that's medium then my maps are huge. i think i'm going to tone map12 down a little to finish it faster. plan on working on them my whole weekend.

Map 22 is coming along fine; the map itself is about 1/3 done, mostly because it's not very big. I haven't gotten to populating it yet. Soon. pretty soon.

Internal Reaches was great, couldnt find anything negative to say about it. good stuff deathman. fun wad.

This is really turning out to be a much better "project" than I thought it was going to be. The idea of letting someone else on the team playtest your level is a great idea.

Remember these simple rules...

All skill levels must be implemented.

At least 4 deathmatch starts.

Very important one...it must have an exit! (heh!)

Thanks goes out to everyone for all their help...

Another quick note, "Black Void" stated that somehow his map 05 level got deleted and has stated that slot is now open. I really would hope that he would start another one, he still has plenty of time to make one. Come on Black Void! You can do it man! Map 07 is still open as well, anyone?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey cadman:
One more thing. Are you putting custom music for CC? If so can I add a mus from ROTT. It fits perfectly for this map. Well, you can be the judge of that, if this happens.

Cadman said:

Another quick note, "Black Void" stated that somehow his map 05 level got deleted and has stated that slot is now open. I really would hope that he would start another one, he still has plenty of time to make one. Come on Black Void! You can do it man! Map 07 is still open as well, anyone?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Alright, if you insist. I like the support, helps me to turn back and re-think! ;-) Sure, I'll start a new one; perhaps the old one was simply never meant to be (I hate crates anyway!).

Make a small map if you like. I prefer a small, fun map every now
and then in a megawad.

BTW, sorry for lack of site updates; school's been hectic. There will
be one tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

Ultimate DooMer said:

DOOM Anomaly: I've sent them. They both need a source port to play. (map 20 needs Boom or ZDoom)

Yep, Thx man, ^_^ Man, they are dam fun, especially from a pistol start ^_^ I beat them, but not without a good fight. Exelent job on those levels!!! ^_^

I'm more than willing to playtest any levels as well. Andy Leaver, Ultimate Doomer - I'd like to test your levels.

nobbjob said:

I'm more than willing to playtest any levels as well. Andy Leaver, Ultimate Doomer - I'd like to test your levels.

I tried to send them, but it says you don't have enough storage space (455k between them), so I was only able to send the first map (125k). Please let me know when I can send the other map (330k).

Black Void said:

Alright, if you insist. I like the support, helps me to turn back and re-think! ;-) Sure, I'll start a new one; perhaps the old one was simply never meant to be (I hate crates anyway!).

My advice this time is to always back up your map onto a floppy every so often - that way you can't lose the map if your PC screws up again. (always works for me)

VolteFace said:

BTW, sorry for lack of site updates; school's been hectic. There will be one tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

I hope to have some screenshots of Methods of Fear soon.
Maybe today if I'm lucky but I rarely am lucky.

I have another screenie of map29. I tried to send it twice but VolteFace, your email doesn't seem to want to accept it.
I also sent map06 to Use3D and DOOM Anomaly to try.

Played Ultimate Doomers map01 so far and had a blast. what a way to start off the megawad! I haven't played any of your levels since fragport and it's stupifying that you've finished these two huge levels already. I'll have to try my hand at some of these 3d bridges sometime. i was wondering how you come up the the numbers to use for -y offset?

as for map6, it's a fun map with nice variations in texture styles. The start had me puzzled for a little while. the only issue i found with it is directly under the 3d bridge in the lava room you won't take any damage, but you can't apply damage to that sector or the bridge will take health regardless if it's up or down, so it's cool. some real nice work guys, the maps i've played so far are top-notch. I'll probably tackle map20 sometime tonight, gotta devote some serious doomtime to take on that beast! i only hope i can finish one of my maps soon. ;P

magikal said:

I have another screenie of map29. I tried to send it twice but VolteFace, your email doesn't seem to want to accept it.
I also sent map06 to Use3D and DOOM Anomaly to try.

junior@kwic.com? And it's not some 4MB file or anything is it?

Use3D said:

Played Ultimate Doomers map01 so far and had a blast. what a way to start off the megawad! I haven't played any of your levels since fragport and it's stupifying that you've finished these two huge levels already. I'll have to try my hand at some of these 3d bridges sometime. i was wondering how you come up the the numbers to use for -y offset?

I actually finished those maps a few weeks ago (took about 2 1/2 weeks to do them), and have been doing ZDoom levels since then.

The y-offsets for the bridges are -***, where *** is the difference between the bridge height and the ceiling height. If you click 'lower unpegged', the offset becomes +***, where *** is the difference between bridge height and floor height.

And you're right, you will need lots of DooMing time to tackle map 20, as it's not only big, but hard....

Okay everyone, all map slots are now accounted for! Gene Bird has taken map 07 and Black Void will resume his map making for map 05. We did it guys! Now all we need to do is get those maps coming in. I need to ask two things here....

*Please save your map for the slot it's intended for!

*Also, please use the following format to save your map with your text file. Example if you have map 21 it would be saved with this filename.... "ccmap21"

This makes it easier for me to catalogue each map as it comes in. Use this format for the map and the text file as well. As well as the zip file...

ccmap21.wad
ccmap21.txt
ccmap21.zip

Your text file should have your map name in there such as "Infliction of Hate". You guys know what I mean, thanks!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT