Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Get Fallout 1 for Free

I grabbed it yesterday. Have yet to play the first Fallout. I completely missed the first Fallout games and started when Fallout 3 came along.

Fallout 1 is really fucking good, even if it can be merciless with its difficulty and the damn time "limit".

Having played Fallout 1 after 4, I can say for a FACT that the first two Fallouts are 1000 times better than what Bethesda's Fallouts. 

8 hours ago, Jamins34 said:

Having played Fallout 1 after 4, I can say for a FACT that the first two Fallouts are 1000 times better than what Bethesda's Fallouts. 

While New Vegas was great, nobody could match Fallout 1 or 2. I didn't feel bored in the originals but sometimes it gets boring even patrolling the Mojave. Fallout 1 and 2 were tense, you didn't always know what you would run into. 

Also the original Robo-Dog is still one of my favorite characters ever. When I helped him out and he became my companion I was like YEEEHHH BOIIIIIII

Downloading this now, I'm glad I looked at my computer today... I was so close to not logging in and I would have missed this! Lets see if I can get over my inability to use isometric control schemes so that I can truly say that I've played Fallout.

I'm going in blind and I didn't know what the fuck am I doing right now. 

51 minutes ago, R1ck said:

I'm going in blind and I didn't know what the fuck am I doing right now. 

I've accidentally named my character "None", I'm not sure how I missed that box in the character creator... It looks like jumping off the deep end meant jumping into a canyon!

At some point ages ago I was more interested in playing the second game than the first but I didn't end up getting either. Now that I have the first game I guess I might give it a shot.

I know the Black Isle's Fallout really good, but I just can't stand that style of battle system.  BGS' Fallout 3,4 and Obsidian's Fallout NV are the reason I decided to care about the whole legendary Fallout lore, but I still don't want to try the old ones, sadly. :(

I don't care about all silly shitstorms from Bethesda Softworks, only one word to say : Whatever.

1 hour ago, Player Lin said:

I don't care about all silly shitstorms from Bethesda Softworks, only one word to say : Whatever.

speaking of irony

I have the first isometric Fallout's on GOG, for some reason Fallout 1 is almost unplayable on my Windows XP machine but Fallout 2 is perfect, yet on my friends Windows 7 Fallout 1 is perfect and Fallout 2 doesn't work.

It's a real shame, I want to play it without DOSBox but I can't get it to work.

I mean if you are interested in the game but the combat is that off putting you can always just cheat and play it for the great setting and story at least.

Also if you play a Speech focused character you can beat the game without killing a single soul.