Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

I think most of us know the guitarist of Morbid Angel, Trey Azagthoth as quite the Doom fan, but I discovered something that took this to a whole new level.

I was skimming through this concert of theirs from 2009. Before Dawn of the Angry, I heard something that sounded familiar to me.

It starts at 32:05.

And then after a bit of sleuthing, I was able to identify the ambiance that was playing, which actually came from this level of the PlayStation version of Doom.

This actually blew my mind, that Morbid Angel actually used Doom music as tape recordings during their live sets.

I had found another one just now, from this one that plays at the start of the video

Which is the same as this map from PSX Doom:

This is probably the most impressive find that I've had here.

One of my friends is in a metalcore band and they released their first album at the beginning of the year, here is one of their songs

Lots of really great bands listed here.

I didn't look at every page :P but I didnt see Between The Buried And Me mentioned here. Really great Prog Metal band.

Been a while since I posted any instrumental melodic stuff...

I don't have a huge amount of music I can recommend, since most of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are already in the list, but I can throw in these.

Demon Hunter - We Don't Care (Killing Floor 2 OST, "True Defiance" album by Demon Hunter)

3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners (Brutal Legend soundtrack, "Advance and Vanquish" album by 3 Inches of Blood)

Sup everyone, new member around here.

Since I have not been able to spot any topics/forum sections specifically designed for introduction (and apparently they're not needed: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/98146-hello/ ) and I wasn't willing to jump into any conversation out of nowhere either, I figured I'd make my first post here since I'm a metalhead as well (I'm mostly into black and death metal, particularly the old school kind). So, that being said, and to stay on topic, here's one of my favorite bm albums: 

Oui, I like Enthroned too, but my favorite is Carnage in Worlds Beyond followed by the Regie Sathanas EP. I actually have their Blackend Years compilation with their first 5 albums. Shame they changed their style so drastically after Sabathan left, but we have Slaughter Messiah so that kinda compensates I suppose.

Meanwhile, relatively recently I've ran into this. I've seen some people comparing this to Deathspell Omega's Paracletus. Aside from their debut album I've never been too much into DoS, so naturally, if I'd have to choose between that album and this one, I'd definitely choose the latter. The otherwordly feeling and the melodies are simply top notch.

Also, small off-topic, but is there some kind of restriction for how many posts one can make per day around here? I no longer had the option to reply yesterday after making 3 posts.

I'm going to allow myself some shameless self promoting and just post it here (technically I have been listening to it a lot lately, so...heh)
Will be released (with an extra track) through Northern Silence Productions some time early 2018!

@darkreaver Damn, that's you? That is really good stuff, I remember listening through that on Bandcamp a few weeks ago and digging it. I guess I'll have to support a fellow doomer and get the digital release... :)

Also highly enjoying the new Vassafor album.

I've run into that EP before, but never managed to listen to it until now in my chaotic search for new stuff. I must admit, seeing who's around here is impressive, to say the least. Things are starting to get really interesting and exciting indeed.

Meanwhile, enjoy some Abyssal:

I'm bumping this thread because my band Prickrott has released a new album last Thursday called Dust of Obscure Devastation, and I'm particularly proud of it!

It's a pretty brutal industrial-influenced metal release, so I figured this might be the perfect place to let people hear about it.

If you're feeling generous or just want to listen to the album in the highest possible quality, you can also head over to Bandcamp:
http://prickrott.bandcamp.com

Play it loud!