Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

Did status updates get disabled, or did I accidentally do it myself?

It was hidden in "activity" place for everyone. I think, it was time question before they were moved to that place.

It's be best this way I guess.

says the one who abused it

11 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

I prefered to have them, it kept the trolls out of the forums proper.

In that case I look forward to your increased forum posting volume. 

;) 

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

I prefered to have them, it kept the trolls out of the forums proper.

They didn't. Besides, you can still post status updates, and people who follow you will still get notified as well as they're able to respond just like it always was.

I fear I may have probably unintentionally annoyed people with my status messages at some point.

But how else will people know when I'm going to sleep, waking up or what I had for breakfast if I don't tell them?

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

In that case I look forward to your increased forum posting volume. 

;) 

I dont know why you're calling me a troll. I never made a trollish status update.

speaking of which, the forum works faster in firefox now, thanks to that.

I'm happy they disabled this from publicity, is just helping to troll and spam very often and it was something like profile clickbait. nice change and i hope it stay like that.

Now amazing subjects like "steamers are obese basement dwelling virgins" and "do you do anything else but play Doom?" can stay in the trash where they belong.

I kind of wish they could bring back a blogs forum while keeping it separate from the main visible forum, but alas it is not possible anymore since the forum update.

At least you could keep your stuff on blogs without fear of them getting burried under your regular posts or whatever activity you do on forum.

4 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

It was hidden in "activity" place for everyone. I think, it was time question before they were moved to that place.

That's better. Status updates are rarely important enough to bother with.

I liked having them there, 'cuz every time I logged on I could see if any of my friends posted anything since the last time I logged on. Now I'd have to go visit all their profiles, which I'm not motivated enough to do. Sorry, friends.

OK, just noticed I can turn on notifications for when someone I follow posts a status. I guess I can live with this...

I don't post much for updates......so meh, I'll let that thing slide and post more important things in topics.

Maybe this is not the correct use of the status updates, but I did this.

So far, I don't have to create a topic for 1 question, and I got answers as well, because the people saw it. Now I can unnecessarily create a topic and naturally disappear among the other 500 (and no answers).

+ and what 42PercentHealth wrote

1 hour ago, Spectra said:

So far, I don't have to create a topic for 1 question

If what you refer to is editing questions, there is a thread for this on these forums, which would be better suited for that purpose anyway. So there is no need to create thread after thread each time you have a singular question, because there is a place for that already.

I liked the more intimate feel of status updates. Compared to the regular forum topics, people seemed to act nicer when commenting on these.

Actually that's a very nice way for me to distinguish who's a troll since some people like to $h!tpost and make everyone clicks. If that disappears, it also works for me since I don't need to see those. However, if someone really wants to share something, I guess it's nice to have that.

Huh, is that so? No more status updates to be shown on the main page now right? That means no one can feel bad for seeing somebody's status update by the side, right? That means no one can feel like somebody's super valuable status update is covered with a pile of "spammy" status updates since there is no pile in the first place, right? That means that now, if one doesn't want to read someone's thoughts in the first place, but want to complain that they do, that they have to dig around people's profiles to find their "spam", right?

I guess, according to that logic, my status update ban (and the reasons it is there in the first place) its pretty much useless now :P

Kinda sad to see them go. Reputation gone, now this. I guess this forum is reverting to the basics.