Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

Best SnapMaps out there?

I played Doom 2016 a moment ago, modifying my character and brewing some snappoints, but I stuck with the doubt.

In the life of Doom 2016 so far, are there any maps that are really worth it? Any map that simply leaves me with good contentment and fun?

So far I have not played many, maybe 10 or 15, and of those about 2 or 3 I enjoy them quite a lot, I like the idea of '' Levels '' or matches similar to the campaign, I am not so attracted to the mini-games and ugh, I hate puzzles.

So if anyone knows of some good maps, comment here! Thank you.

tumblr_o7bx38XOk51qjztgpo1_400.gif

12 minutes ago, Zanieon said:

Play anything in the Community Highlight literally, many of them are worth trying.

But any like ''Legendary'' thing out there? I think the CH gets updated every week or month right? 

I created a map designed to mimic the single player experience. It also has a a hidden classic Doom level.

I wanted it to be a polished and manageable map for those who completed the campaign but wants more.

Check out: memento mori machina

Give me any feedback as well. I'm thinking of making a sequel.

Too bad that's not the way the actual map design was done in Doom 2016. If I had anything I didn't like about the game it would be the map design. Thanks for sharing that video Mr. Maru. Gonna try to get that map now :D

2 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

Quantum Hazard is pretty good map.

I just try it, really damn fun, I like it a lot, specially the concept and level desing. Thanks! 

It really sucks that snapmap takes forever to load, since that "Watch your step" map from D64 looks awesome and i really want to try it out, but im not sure if im willing to wait for snapmap to load in order to play that map

2 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

It really sucks that snapmap takes forever to load, since that "Watch your step" map from D64 looks awesome and i really want to try it out, but im not sure if im willing to wait for snapmap to load in order to play that map

Not sure if thats normal, but in my case, big snapmaps take around 5 min to load, but I have a really high-end pc. 

I have a aged gaming PC and Snapmap takes a minute to load and less than 30 seconds every map. I wonder if I put Doom in my SSD.

If you guys dedicate an hour to load Snapmap please give my map a go, I'm confident you will enjoy it. 

The more I play Snap Maps the more I realize what I felt was good is just a prefab.