Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wario64

PSX levels intergrated into PC DOOM

This is an excellent idea!

How do you plan to integrate them to the vanilla mapsets, though? Are they going to override existing levels?

Here's how I always thought of integrating the levels:

E1M1 (secret in the outside area just like in the xbox vers) to E1M10, then to E1M2

E2M7.5 (small marble arena map becomes "Babel Entrance")

E3M1 (Brick wall map becomes "Hell Gate")
E3M1.5 (normal e3m1 remains "Hell Keep")

E4M10 Twilight Descends (starts after E4M8)
E4M12 The Marshes (secret)
E4M11 Threshold of Pain

MAP16 Suburbs 4-door near exit area can lead into MAP34 The Mansion
MAP35 Club Doom starts from secret within the manion
Map36 Betray from normal finish of ClubDoom, then finally back to normal MAP17

MAP29.5 Redemption Denied set between Living End and IoS

I am not too sure about making E1M10 accessible from E1M1. It just feels too soon.

Since E1M9 is the original secret map, it would make more sense to put the entrance to E1M10 there, just like MAP32 is only accessible from MAP31's secret exit. Maybe instead of triggering a Demon ambush, the switch in the slime tunnel could be turned into a secret exit.

The maps are placed after the maps they happen after in console doom.

E1M1 > (E1M10) > E1M2

E2M7 > Hell Gate > Hells Keep > E2M8

E4M8 > Twilight Descends > (The Marshes) > Threshold of Pain > Episode 4 Ending

Didn't look up Doom 2 maps yet

I was just thinking about something like this a few days ago after playing the PSX TC. :O

I look forward to this. <3

The level order for DOOM II:

MAP02 > (MAP33) > MAP03

MAP16 > (The Mansion) > (Club DOOM) > MAP17

MAP27 > Redemption Denied > MAP28

JohnnyTheWolf said:

So how are we going to access the new levels?

Edited versions of E1M1, MAP02 and MAP16, with the secret exits from console DOOM added into them, will be included with the WAD

Wario64 said:

Edited versions of E1M1, MAP02 and MAP16, with the secret exits from console DOOM added into them, will be included with the WAD

I did my own secret exit for my personal use. (E1M1)
http://imgur.com/xxtPrN7
Frankly the original one was rather bland, something that shoudn't have been on a comercial product.
I sugest you doing something like that on your project.

That looks great, but I want to stick to the original layouts as close as possible. I might make edits like this once the WADS are completed and release them separately.

JCST said:

I did my own secret exit for my personal use. (E1M1)
http://imgur.com/xxtPrN7
Frankly the original one was rather bland, something that shoudn't have been on a comercial product.
I sugest you doing something like that on your project.

1) Althought I agree with you in the fact that it is more appropiate for a commercial game to have at least an mininimum, I think that the added areas have to be the most modest posible so this doesn't turn into Maps of Chaos and that shitmaps shown on every BDv20 gameplay in YouTube. That secret exit you made for E1M1 looks very faithful. 2) That HUD looks f*cking awesome, could you share it?

Oh yes, the wall it's the same, it doesn't show on automap and it doesn't count to the secret tally. I really wanted to keep it very contained.
My MAP02 one is only a switch behind a risable door, for that same reason, it doesn't give much room to imagination.
I advise anyone who want to do something of the sort to not mess much with it.

Off-Topic, Here's the HUD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f4j1gbt6rsr2ke8/xdth_fixed.wad
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3lx5upftzzeyj9s/xdth_fixed_free.wad (For Freedoom)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1v6gzna1sa9hu6r/xdth_fixed_valiant.wad (For Valiant)

It's hardly anything special, i just added some lines of code to the default one to my liking and the exploding face from the console games. So feel free to share it.

I have put up download link for PSX levels of The Ultimate DOOM. They need to be ran with zDOOM based ports, such as zDOOM, GZDOOM or Zandronum.

There is issue with blood splatters on intermission screen which I hasn't been able to fix. If anyone knows what is causing the issue, PM me please.

If you meet any issues with the maps, comment here or PM me please.

The final 2 maps, Marshes and Threshold of Pain, are quite different from their PSX counterparts due to the PSX version using DOOM 2 weapons and enemies. Please keep this in mind.

How do you access E1M10 again?

Since you said you wanted to stick with the original layout, I tried following Classic DOOM's video walkthrough, but hitting "use" on the diagonal wall does nothing. However, I can still load the level through the console.

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

On 3/16/2017 at 10:28 AM, Wario64 said:

I have put up download link for PSX levels of The Ultimate DOOM. They need to be ran with zDOOM based ports, such as zDOOM, GZDOOM or Zandronum.

Your mega.nz link says it needs a decryption key. Did that happen since you posted it 10 days ago?

I have found out today the exit to E1M10 doesn't work properly. I apologize. I uploaded a fixed version with the secret exit functioning.

On 30. 3. 2017 at 1:55 AM, Averagewalrus23.9 said:

Theoretically, you could just take the sprites of said enemies and "copy" their decorate definitions yada yada and make doom 2 monsters for the levels that need them. But I'm not sure if that would go again forum rules. (No unmodified id software textures, etc (Can't find where it says it though)) So, unless it wouldn't go again the forums' rules, this post is completely useless.   

I'm already balancing a thin line by porting official ID software levels and releasing them for free.

I have also started work on DOOM II. The level order is as follows:

MAP02 > (Betray) > MAP03

MAP16 > (The Mansion) > (Club DOOM) > MAP17

MAP27 > Redemption Denied > MAP28

Alrighty people, The Mansion is done and only Club DOOM remains. This is gonna be tough to do.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:35 PM, Average said:

"The file you are trying to download is no longer available." :(

I was cleaning my mega folder and must have deleted it by accident. Fixed.

Maybe, possibly. I have not delved into Club DOOM yet as I'm researching all the tricks the DOOM engine allows.

DOOM 2 is up. Club DOOM isn't very faithful, but I wanted it not to rely on zDOOM tricks etc. So this is the best I could do in vanilla. 

20 hours ago, BoldEnglishman said:

The download link for the Doom II levels seems to be broken for me :/

Hi , im not being able to download the file from the link on the first post

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

That's the message i get when i click on the link =( ,  i cant even see @Wario64 reply to @BoldEnglishman , it says that i dont have permission to see it =( . My account was fully succesfully activated so i don't know why i cant download the file