Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

ZTDM Ends

Welcome to ZTDM 2017

Division 1: http://challonge.com/zv88ei39
Division 2: http://challonge.com/nh9uhkxn

Servers
These are the servers you may play on. Both teams must agree to play on the server.
Both Practice and Official servers can be used for matches.
In the event of a server disagreement, TSPG is the default.
[TSPG] ZTDM Official Tournament Server zds://149.56.242.162:10803/za (Run by Decay/Razgriz; admin is TSPG crew)
[TSPG] ZTDM Practice Server zds://149.56.242.162:10703/za
[DoomShack] ZTDM Practice Server zds://45.33.41.203:16399/za (admin: Doomkid, Mr. Crispy)
[NY] Own-age - ZTDM Practice Server zds://199.38.242.172:16700/za (admin: Proteh, Unknown Starwind)
[Fr] Own-age -ZTDM Practice Server zds://145.239.137.144:20001/za (admin: Proteh, Unknown Starwind)

Demos
You must post demos upon completion of the match. Use a server to upload your demo and post it in this thread along with screenshots of the match.
Failure to do so results in a strike/penalty.
3 penalties results in a Disqualification from the tournament.
Please ensure you are recording before playing.

Maplist
These are the maps you can choose from
Dwango 5 map07
DBAB map05
EONDM map01
Skirmish map12
Brit11 map2
Dark goth map18
UDM3 map07
Lazarus map06
Onslaught 3 map14
Exec map09
For your convenience, the motd for the official tournament server has the maplist.

Last but not least
There are 2 divisions with 2 groups each

First stage: Round Robin
You have until midnight CST October 22nd to complete this stage

Please complete at least 1 match per 7 days or risk a penalty strike.
You play everyone in your group as posted on challonge
Top teams in their divisions will move onto the second stage, so play well.

Re: Map picking
Picking will be decided by coin flip, one team does the flip by using cc_coinflip and the other calls heads or tails. The winner picks the first map, then the loser picks the second map.
During a tiebreaker, both teams will pick a map they wish to play, the loser of the coinflip decides whether they want to call the flip or call heads/tails, winner gets their map pick.

Second stage: Single Elimination
Once the first stage is over, we move to play-offs.

Any commentary and prediction posts can be made here.

"Where can I find my opponents?"

Discord: https://discord.gg/gsVSHGK

IRC: irc.zandronum.com #ztdm

Remember the rules, now lets rock!

Edited by Decay

Post for demos

The Jajas XD 

vs The Slim Reapers (TJX wins 2-1)

Ivan

Decay

vs OurHero/Razor (TJX wins 2-0)

Ivan

Decay

vs IDK (TJX wins 2-0)

Ivan

Decay

vs Lawnmowers (TJX wins 2-1)

Ivan

Decay

Bloodhunters

vs The Autists (TA wins 2-1)

Rosking

TMD

The Autists

vs Bloodhunters (TA wins 2-1)

Cennou

Water

vs Multiple Scorgasm (MS wins 2-1)

Water

Cennou

vs 2ez4daPros (TA wins 2-0)

Water

Cennou

vs Pls No Flame (PNF wins 2-0)

Water

Multiple Scorgasm

vs The Autists (MS wins 2-1)

Zakken

Ammar

vs 2ez4dapros (MS wins 2-0)

Zakken

Armour

Zakken

Armour

I Don't Know

vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-0)

Caution

Goblin

vs The Slim Reapers (TSR wins 2-1)

Goblin

Caution

vs The Lawnmowers (IDK wins 2-1)

Goblin

Caution

2ez4dapros

vs Multiple Scorgasm (MS wins 2-0)

Unknown

Proteh

vs the Meme Police (2ez wins 2-0)

Unknown

Proteh

vs the Autists (TA wins 2-0)

Unknown

Proteh

Unknown

Proteh

Razor/OurHero

vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-0)

Razor

vs The Slim Reapers (TSR wins 2-0)

Razor

The Slim Reapers

vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-1)

Jason

Razgriz

vs Caution/Goblin (TSR wins 2-1)

Razgriz

Jason

vs OurHero/Razor (TSR wins 2-0)

Jason

Razgriz

Pls No Flame

vs 2ez4daPros (PNF wins 2-0)

Dragon

D'Sparil

vs The Autists (PNF wins 2-0)

D'Sparil

Dragon

vs Multiple Scorgasm (PNF wins 2-0)

D'Sparil

Dragon

Lawnmowers

vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-1)

AVC

vs I Don't Know (IDK wins 2-1)

Godlike

The Meme Police   DISQUALIFIED

vs 2ez4dapros (2ez wins 2-0)

?????????? NO DEMOS SUBMITTED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIVISION 2

WheelChair Warriors

vs Fonze/Patience (FP wins 2-1)

Alfonzo

Marcaek

Fonze/Patience

vs the Wheelchair Warriors (FP wins 2-1)

Patience

Fonze

Doomkid/Mr.Glide

vs Black Sheep (Doomkid/Mr. Glide win 2-0)

Doomkid

Vinegar on Salad

vs Black Sheep (VOS wins 2-0)

Loveless

Dew

vs Autistic Doomers (AD wins 2-1)

Loveless

Dew

Autistic Doomers

vs Vinegar on Salad (AD wins 2-1)

Snowstorm

Mondo

vs Black Sheep (AD wins 2-0)

SnowStorm

Mondo

Skawtondreddnut

vs Black Sheep (STD wins 2-0)

Battle_Kirby and another

ShotgunDemo and another

Black Sheep

vs Doomkid/Mr. Glide (Doomkid/Mr.Glide win 2-0)

42PercentHealth

vs Vinegar on Salad (Vos wins 2-0)

42PercentHealth

vs Skawtondreddnut (STD wins 2-0)

42PercentHealth

Kprice

vs Autistic Doomers (AD wins 2-0)

42PercentHealth

Kprice

Edited by Decay

Good games, first up, particularly in Onslaught and UDM3. Pretty evenly matched from where I'm sitting, and Decay looked to be in ZEN MODE. Avernus just tearing it up in the decider round, as well. There was no stopping that train. Good recovery halfway through the round, though, with the deficit cut from sixteen down to just four or five frags or something.

I was watching from raz's point of view most of the time. It really looked like he was off his game in goth18. Those missed jumps for the BFG and shots at the ss door wouldn't have helped him settle, either, and he and jason were both jumped early. Felt like a lost cause from the word go, to me.

EDIT: Demo for WW vs. Fonze and Patience. Close games; should have won goddamn it! I gifted the BFG in exec at the very end and walked straight into fonze's SSG trap. Marcaek reckons we weren't in good form but after those atrocious warm-up games versus div. 1 I think there's some silver lining to be found, here. Can't be happy with a loss, though :(

Edited by Alfonzo : I am a demo.

Dude the tourney has already started, you are in danger of a DQ right now... Get in there so your partner doesn't have to continue to scramble finding a partner at the last minute second..........................................................................................................................

Match Commentary: WheelChair Warriors vs Fonze/Patience

These matches were neck and neck for virtually the whole game, they were really close and good matches to watch, though a little painful at times watching alfonzo's excellent 250-260 ping and some legendary double/triple team kills. Not team killing is a real skill in itself! Beware the consequences. IMO, Fonze and patience were really consistent, and did a good job at directing the flow of the map, even if it resulted in losing some skirmishes. However, I think the WWs could've pulled off a win had they not team killed each other so much. In Skirm12, it was 65-65, and then there was a double team kill, putting it down to 63-65, and the WWs lost ALL momentum after that, resulting in the 75-66 loss. Same thing happened in Exec09. On the other hand, Patience proved himself a real capable fragger, carrying a laggy Fonze to victory. I look forward to the rest of the matches in this division, it will be a close call to see who moves forward; its anyone's game.

Posting a win for the jajas vs Razor/OurHero; all demos are in the second post (that have been submitted so far)

This weekend myself and MrGlide will be chilling in the relevant discord servers, USA Eastern Time we'll be there fri, sat and sun evenings. Keen to play our match!

Many great matches have been played

Bloodhunters vs The Autists (TA wins 2-1)

The Jajas XD vs Caution/Goblin (TJX wins 2-0)

Multiple Scorgasm vs The Autists (MS wins 2-1)

See second post for demos and screenshots. Keep the games rolling; DIV 2 get moving!

Vinegar on Salad 2 - 0 Black Sheep (r1: udm3m07, r2: laz06)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxhb959te276589/ztdm_div2_2017.10.07_VoS-2v0-BS_dew.7z

GGs! I got away with a bit of berserker mode frenzy at the start of round 1, plowing through everything and racking up a deciding lead for a minute. Then things settled down to frag-trading, but we already had the upper hand. In round 2 we knew we'd eventually get the upper hand if we kept grinding the BFG, so that's what we did. Good luck to our opponents, they can be a threat with more teamwork practice.

That was a good round to watch, can learn a lot about BFG usage from observing this one!

Nvm, fingerpointing is bad.

Edited by dew

Bearing in mind that we're talking about specific individuals here and not communities in their entirety (I'm quite enjoying my foray into the Zandronum side of things, so far)... trash-talking and bad humans needn't be interchangeable. Sure, some fights need to have a bit of genuine heat behind them if they're to mean anything at all and for the competition to prosper, but if someone's unable to tape their mouth shut at the very point of admission for new players — particularly when their peers insist that the competitive scene is in need of new blood and new perspective — it becomes evident who is playing the game in good spirit and who is wearing it to mask their true behavior. That of a goon.

I love goading opponents as much as the next guy and can see that it is absolutely necessary to the scene; how tendencies can develop to assume there's a decent person behind whatever bit of defamatory shit-flinging that's about to emerge from the other player. What I find hard to believe, though, is that there is anyone who doesn't understand that you need to get people accustomed to that culture, first. Maybe I'm naive and will return to this space a blemished asshole, ready to spite the new player base with hilarious put-downs and discouraging remarks. Until then, however, I will assume that it's possible to both be a good player and a reasonable human being...

...The Saga of the Wheelchair continues...

Demo post updated.

Several great games happened this weekend;

The Autists vs Multiple Scorgasm (MS wins 2-1)

2ez4daPros vs the Meme Police (2ez wins 2-0) and vs Multiple Scorgasm (MS wins 2-0)

Vinegar on Salad vs Black Sheep (VOS wins 2-0)

DoomGeriatrics vs Black Sheep (DG wins 2-0)

The Slim Reapers vs Caution/Goblin (TSR wins 2-1)

OurHero/Razor vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-0)

Caution/Goblin vs The Jajas XD (TJX wins 2-0)

Div 2 get your act together! Get some games done. @Battle_Kirby @A7MAD @ShotgunDemolition None of you have been around nor attempted to get any games done. Several consistent absences and lack of attempting to get games done has resulted in penalty points!

Killstrike decided to bail, leaving Godlike without a partner. Fate to be decided.

Dranzer quit and is subsequently banned from signing up to future tournaments. OurHero filled his spot.

Shift also quit and received a ban. Ral is not seeking a new partner.

Nik informed me Thomas quit, so he quit, and both received future sign up bans, but suddenly changed his tune when confronted in a server. Still banned, IMO

Hope you guys have been having as much fun as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people seem to have forgotten what "commitment" means, and forgot the explicit statements I made in the sign-up thread.

- Do NOT sign up if you aren't motivated to play

-Teams who do not make themselves available to play will be disqualified.

-If you are not around, you run the risk of being disqualified. Don’t sign up if you aren’t ready to talk with others.

It really isn't hard to be around for these. People who work full time jobs and are in post-secondary have been playing and/or scheduling their games without a problem.

Meh... I lost interest after not being able to find anyone to be partnered up with. Regardless, best of luck to the teams that are playing.

In teh name of our team, SkawtonDreddnut, I shall speak.

Me and ShotgunDemolition had both started to go to college at the same time tournament started. Thou mayst wonder what the hell happened in the between? Well my access to my primary gaming platform had been lost, and I had been setting up a auxiliary platform for a while. It should work by tomorrow. We haven't forgotten about the tournament, and in fact, we had been looking forward to it, but higher education takes it's toll I guess.

However, that doesn't mean we don't want to play. It is just that things happened in the meantime. We kinda expected college to interfiere, which is why we put up our availability as "upon agreement with the team interested with playing against us" or something like that, when we signed up. But this kind of interfierence just screwed some things up. We are just coming a bit late to the fray. And if that messes up our score, so be it. If there is anyone to blame, its technically me. ShotgunDemolition just got to be that unlucky to get punished by teaming up with me. Doubt any "relocation" or team switching or any of that mumbo jumbo is going to help now, I am fixing up my method of playing and should be available very soon, and ShoDemo was bombed with college stuff as well. Harm has been done, nothing can be said to disprove it. And I am willing to receive a penalty for not saying anything beforehand.

Note: I still won't take any flak for being "unmotivated" to play or any of that type of crap, problem is not personal, more technical if anything, and if I am going to be punished just because I didn't look like "someone who wants to play" then I can and probably will freely disagree. Ranting about "team spirit" towards me is not going to prove any sort of point nor will hasten or change the course of actions. Unless someone wants to shit at me for not being punctual, I can always take that crap, and technically judging by the full story, only 20% of the blame goes to me for deciding to pursue higher educational courses. Who needs em anyways :PPP jk just a forward notice.

tl;dr stupid crap happened, we are going to ride in a bit later like some anime villains. Nothing else but a rather long delay.