Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

An announcement concerning Eagle Sessions and bonnie

It will be held оп 31ѕт Остовег. You know, because Halloween and spooky stuff. Yeah. 

This is the old post

Will be held when the temperature of space reaches - 273.5°C.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 30 minutes  to finish the map. No more. 

- The maps should be Zandronum compatible in order to increase flexibility. You have to use its specials.  

- You'll get one theme when the session starts to ensure fair play. The bonus, last session will also not be organized. 

- You'll need to incorporate Hebrew in your map

So, the first session will be held in approximately googol years. 

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

NEW - WE HAVE OUR OWN DISCORD SERVER NOW! Feel free to join, even if you won't map (we need playtesters and mods) and have fun chatting! 

https://discord.gg/usQDVGd

I think you will be angry at me. 

Edit: bonnie will hold a session tomorrow by his stubborn self, which will be completely unofficial and not related to this in any way. 

Edited by NaZa

I'm hoping this doesn't mean the end of the Eagle speedmapping sessions......I was enjoying playing them and it was a nice mapping platform for some newer mappers to get stuff out there.

yeah if this isn't de-memified by tomorrow night i guess i'll actually go ahead and start my own thread for you

So I was confused when all of a sudden you started acting weirdly in the discord, then I was confused when I saw this thread, then I was confused when I checked the discord again and now what is this I don't even

Scientifically speaking, confused * 3 = absolute WTF

Oh my God what have I done... Should've just said this in the first place. 

The real Session will be held on the 31st October. Buahahaha. 

Well that's good to hear! I look forward to playing through what spooky themes are brought up for this session.

Hmm... 31st Ostoveg?! :D

Cool! It looks like we have a new "extra month" ... special for spooky speedmapping.

Daily forecast generator v0.666: Dark & mysterious бНОПНЯ catch everyone who don't participate in this (i guarantee it). Beware of бНОПНЯ ;3

why must we wait an entire extra month

why cant we do a regular session and then a spooky halloween special :c

56 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

This pause can be used to gather strength and practice in speedmapping.

Exactly. Besides, Halloween is unsettling, and these sessions is pretty out of order too (throwback to Session 5 and its texture importing problems) :P

However, this will also probably be the last Eagle session using custom texture packs. Probably means there's a 50%/50% chance of me either succumbing to the use of the infamous cc4-tex without putting every used texture in the WAD itself like ASS, or me throwing the towel and saying only original Doom 2 textures were allowed. I think the texture rule just made it a bit more tricky to handle. Besides, isn't it a bit more of a challenge to make a map with >200 textures than making a map with <750 textures?

Edited by NaZa

bonnie will hold a session tomorrow by his stubborn self, which will be completely unofficial and not related to this in any way

2 minutes ago, therektafire said:

What time will it be held at?

Probably 5 pm New York time - before spooking, after lunch :) I'm European so idk but I'll do my best to participate 

Bonnie's bootleg session is good for me.

As for the official one, 31.10 is also St. Luke and our family usually visits some relatives at that day (the slava thing our superior nation has), so yeah, probably not gonna join that one.

Maybe Saturday 28th (with the session times as before) would be better? It'd still be close to Halloween heh

Due to bad reception of the aforementioned date, the Eagle sessions will now be held ebery third Saturday of the month to accommodate for the Pigeon session held every first Saturday. @bonnie should approve maybe