Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Name a character that's like Doomguy

For example, I think the Wolverine from X-Men would pretty make a pretty good Doomguy. He's got the attitude, the endurance, the skills, the guts to rip and tear his enemies apart.

What other characters from other franchises can you think of, that remind you of Doomguy?

Just about any protagonist (and some antagonists) in an 80s action movie (i.e. Rambo, John McClaine, John Matrix from Commando, etc.).

The attitude? What attitude? The only bit of attitude we get from Doomguy is that he smiles when he picks up a new weapon; and admittedly that's only in the context of a survival scenario against a demon invasion. We also know that he doesn't care much about all said weapons since he tends to just dump them somewhere between episodes, keeping only his peashooter and knuckle dusters.

For the rest he's a silent video game protagonist, so he could as well be Gordon Freeman or Link or Chell.

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Things we know about Doomguy based on the official story. All canon:[snip]

So, essentially speaking, there's a little bit of doomguy in all of us. :-)

Bill Rizer from the Contra franchise. If I could, I'd make a decent player skin of him for Doom. Have yet to figure out how to go about it, though.

There's a problem here, Doomguy has many traits that are also many other character's traits but the guys that come to mind when I think of beings like Doomguy are: Dormammu, Hank Pym and Master Chief. Dormammu and Hank Pym are gonna need a lot of nitpicking to find the similarities between them and Doomguy but the similarities are there.

Put a space marine helmet on Chrono, and replace his rainbow shell katana with a SSG 

Regular Shotgun = Princess Nadia (Marle)

Chaingun = Lucca

Rocket Launcher = Robo

Plasma Gun = Magus

BFG = Glenn (Frog) lol

Fist (weapon #1) is the window Chrono opens in the morning, because Tyson runs are pure, Cat is the Berserk pack and Chrono's mom = Chainsaw <3

2 minutes ago, Grain of Salt said:

Literally every male protagonist. What are you talking about.

If it's every male protagonist, Is Shinji from Evangelion like Doomguy?

11 minutes ago, DaDac said:

If it's every male protagonist, Is Shinji from Evangelion like Doomguy?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kaneda: TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doomguy: SPIDERMASTERMIIIIIIIIIIIND

rocks falling from the sky that the protagonist dodges like haphazard inspector gadget are like revenant rockets, it's just like, they're there man, make your way about your things and it's not really such a big deal is it? bigger things to worry about like satellite arrays launching energy beams at the planet

45 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Regular Shotgun = Princess Nadia (Marle)

the first think that comes to my mind was how you reload the shotgun and then who princess nadia is... XD XD srry i can't help myself, hope you get the point...

19 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

the first think that comes to my mind was how you reload the shotgun and then who princess nadia is... XD XD srry i can't help myself, hope you get the point...

oh it's fine to have innuendo, I mean if i'm to believe Chrono Trigger's portrayal of hereditary lines, people just make descended copies of themselves by splitting like single celled organisms right? and then a goblin comes and makes one disappear, which causes Marty McFly to have a long drawn out discussion with Doc Brown on how such a thing should not actually be possible.

I meant it in the way that she's essentially the first other major character that you run into, and while always good, Marle loses some viability end-game unless properly used in tandem with other characters for Triple Techs, max dps uber 1337 Lavos RIP lol

Edited by reflex17 : spelling correction

I think everyone from Quake 3/Quake Champions is eligible for that since eh... the few lore Quake 3 has and the part which Quake Champions still don't explains too much, everyone is fighting in that arenas for a very long time and they will keep doing it for all eternity so.

No at kratos. I think Kratos and Doomguy's moral compass are quite different. Also Kratos talks to much compaired to Doomguy.

1 hour ago, Grain of Salt said:

Literally every male protagonist. What are you talking about.

I think there actually are a few differences between Guybrush Threepwood and Doomguy.