Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Over 32 map megamawads?

Do you know any good continuos play megawads with over 32 maps?The only ones i know of are DUMP 2 and 3.

Confinement 256 had 50 maps or so if I recall correctly, although while each map automatically follows on from another, it's not strictly continuous play  as half automatically start you with a pistol through scripting.

Edited by Bauul

D: seems there aren't a lot of continuous play megawads with over 32 maps...

Dude, I love the term 'Megamawads' for wads with over 32 maps! I can't think of any (for single player) that haven't already been mentioned but I dig that word.

Hmmmm...

1 map = single map

8-9 maps = episode

16-18 maps = 2 episodes

24-27 maps = 3 episodes

32-36 maps = 4 episodes/megawad

2-7 10-15 19-23 28-31 maps = map pack

36+ maps = gigawad

Over 100 = some D!Zone shit

Whispers of Satan has 34 maps I think? and Bella 2 has 35 maps.
Also, doesn't the Doom 1 megawads (some of them like No End In Sight and Endless Torture) have 36 maps and consider it a "megamawad"? *thinking*

49 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Didn't speed of doom have 33 maps (one of which only accessible by way of IDCLEV)?

It worked using -warp, idclev would not.

The issue with having over 32 maps / 4 Episodes is obviously you need an advanced source port to support it, and most megawads don't target source ports like that.

Naming wise, I was always a fan of Gigawad for anything over 32, but Megamawad does make me laugh!

4 hours ago, loveless said:

It worked using -warp, idclev would not.

As far as I'm aware, PrBoom+ is the only port that disallows idclev beyond 32. Even Chocolate Doom allows me to idclev to 33.

Just now, Mason. said:

As far as I'm aware, PrBoom+ is the only port that disallows idclev beyond 32. Even Chocolate Doom allows me to idclev to 33.

No joke?  I'd never even tried idclev in gzdoom.  I'd always do /map mapXX since the console was available.

21 hours ago, SOSU said:

32-36 maps = 4 episodes/megawad

2-7 10-15 19-23 28-31 maps = map pack

Hmm. Wouldn't 30 maps (i.e. a Doom II WAD with all the maps replaced except the secret levels) still be considered a megawad?

And wouldn't 31 maps (i.e. a Doom II WAD with all the maps replaced except the super secret level) still be considered a megawad also?

:P

1 hour ago, savagegrant said:

Hmm. Wouldn't 30 maps (i.e. a Doom II WAD with all the maps replaced except the secret levels) still be considered a megawad?

And wouldn't 31 maps (i.e. a Doom II WAD with all the maps replaced except the super secret level) still be considered a megawad also?

:P

Hey you can always change my list IG you want to,its not written on stone its just something I made up in 5 minutes :)

Then:

1 map = single map

8-9 maps = episode

16-18 maps = 2 episodes

24-27 maps = 3 episodes

32-36 maps = 4 episodes

2-7 10-14 maps = map pack
15-32 maps = megawad

36+ maps = gigawad

Over 100 maps = some D!Zone shit