Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Something Awful does it again.

How DO they find all these shitty maps?

Protective Goggles Recommended

I think this quote says it all...

From the map review...
Pain Level: Ripping my intestines out through my asshole while gargling lye and getting my eye-sockets skull-fucked by Ron Jeremy after he hasn't showered for weeks.

Ouch.

I am actually getting a bit tired with the reviewing style over at Cranky Steve's.

While getting a look at some of the FPS communities' less fortunate endavours is genuinely funny this is marred by the insistance in trying to cram as many expletives as possible into one sentence.

If they used more time actually descriping and documenting the intense crappiness of the levels rather than just chugging endless streams of swear words it would be so much funnier.

A real shame.

Little Faith said:

I am actually getting a bit tired with the reviewing style over at Cranky Steve's.

While getting a look at some of the FPS communities' less fortunate endavours is genuinely funny this is marred by the insistance in trying to cram as many expletives as possible into one sentence.

If they used more time actually descriping and documenting the intense crappiness of the levels rather than just chugging endless streams of swear words it would be so much funnier.

A real shame.

Bout time someone said it, couldn't agree more.

Trasher][ said:
How DO they find all these shitty maps?

Take a random map from /idgames and you've got a 99% chance to get a crappy level.

boris said:

Take a random map from /idgames and you've got a 99% chance to get a crappy level.

That reminds me of a question, why are half of the original D!Zone maps so terrible, like there is no exit or they seem completely unfinished..even for a DM- or just plain blah...?

Xanthier said:

That reminds me of a question, why are half of the original D!Zone maps so terrible, like there is no exit or they seem completely unfinished..even for a DM- or just plain blah...?

most of those d!zone maps ARE crap. this was an attempt to cash in pmn a commodity. quantity, not quality. there some decent maps on there, but not enough.

funny thing is I actually want to see this really bad wad, but the dowload link on the page doesn't give it to you. time for doomsearch.com

It's pointless (redundant and out of context) to repeatedly point out that many of the maps in the Archive or (particularly) in old compilations are crappy. They were made back when good WADs hardly existed and achieving id standards was extraordinary. This mainly has to do with two things:

a) Quality depends on demand and is cumulative as long as there's development (as standards, possibilities and tricks are discovered and made popular.)

b) The editor used also makes a big difference, you can't look at a WAD made with DeepSea in the same light as one made with an early version of DEU or another old editor.

Ultimate DooMer said:

I'm still hoping that 1337 will get reviewed there.....

I don't think they do joke maps, I think they do maps which intentions are good, but have all the gameplay of cyber-compost.

This is too funny... I met one of the authors of this wad. "Kansam" was in the year above me at university. I think he's kind of embarrassed about it now :)

Anyway here's their site

RjY said:

This is too funny... I met one of the authors of this wad. "Kansam" was in the year above me at university. I think he's kind of embarrassed about it now :)

Anyway here's their site

Heh, fun.