Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayomancer

Your Dungeons and Dragons character

So, what are you playing as on your current D&D campaign? Or what character was your favorite ever, what you want to create next...

I started to play D&D 5.0 just recently (february ) since never before i was able to find a group to play with, and i'm already playing my second campaign with a level 2 Dragonborn Paladin named Dromoka. I still suck at the game, though.

Character sheet (Char appearance has placeholder, lore in portuguese):

Dromoka.zip

Edited by GhoulDesecrator

I haven't had the chance to play yet, but I'd like to.  My friend actually gave me all of his old AD&D 2nd ed manuals and stuff when he moved, and it looks like fun after reading through it.

In the meantime, an online quiz said I would be a Chaotic Good Elf Ranger in real life, so there's that at least.

Oh shit, my last table top D&D session was like... over ten years ago? Something like 2003 or maybe '02 and we were all old farts so we played 2nd Edition (THAC0 FOR LIFE). Loved the character too, did a lot of heavy collaboration with the DM on it. He was a Chaotic Neutral Dwarf Fighter/Thief. He was a compulsive liar and kleptomaniac. He'd never admit he was a thief, especially to other party members. If someone found something super shiny, or mechanical, or just plain expensive enough he'd attempt to steal it from them on a coin toss. He'd generally keep the stuff, either hiding it someplace safe or just tucking it away in his gear if it was small. Also any time I had something important to say I had to embellish on it. Pretty soon the party was wary of "Dwarf Stories" and that made for a lot of hilariously fun and dangerous situations.  It was lots of fun juggling this guys foibles and after I had to leave the sessions because of work demands he remained an important NPC in the campaign. Basically, after I left the sessions, he was found out for the thieving liar that he was and ousted from the party. He then became an important contact, fence and general quest giver. Occasionally I'd run into someone from that gaming group and they'd fill me in on the latest hijinx. 

13 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I haven't had the chance to play yet, but I'd like to.  My friend actually gave me all of his old AD&D 2nd ed manuals and stuff when he moved, and it looks like fun after reading through it.

In the meantime, an online quiz said I would be a Chaotic Good Elf Ranger in real life, so there's that at least.

If i'm not mistaken there is a site called Roll20 where you can play online, i dont know how 2nd ed works, but they say 5th is easier to pick up and start playing. I had the luck of having this friend of mine from college who plays D&D for years who taught me the basics and invited me to play with his group.

2 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Just took a "What character are you IRL" quiz, and it said I was a lawful, good half-orc paladin. Noice.

got a link to the test for those who would like to try?

46 minutes ago, GhoulDesecrator said:

If i'm not mistaken there is a site called Roll20 where you can play online

I've also never played DnD, but I'd like to.  This looks like an interesting approach, I wonder how easy it is to find people online willing to take a random in?

30 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

And the result is:

Lawful Good Halfling Paladin

Spoiler

Race:
      Human: 1.8
      Elf: 0.3
      Dwarf: 1.5
      Halfling: 2.2
      Gnome: -22.7
      Half-Orc: -4.9

Class:
      Barbarian: 14.3
      Bard: 11.6
      Cleric: 5.4
      Druid: 12.9
      Fighter: 15.4
      Monk: 18.8
      Paladin: 27.8
      Ranger: -0.7
      Rogue: -6.6
      Sorceror: -7.6
      Wizard: -10

Alignment:
      Lawful: 35.7
      Neutral: 21.7
      Chaotic: 21.6

Good: 24.1
      Neutral: 24
      Evil: 0

Just took the (ridiculously long) test at easydamus.com and got this for me:

I Am A: Lawful Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-11
Dexterity-11
Constitution-13
Intelligence-11
Wisdom-10
Charisma-13

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXX (6)
Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Evil ---- XXX (3)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Elf ------ XXXXXX (6)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Halfling - XXXXXX (6)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXX (8)
Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
Barbarian - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Cleric ---- XXXX (4)
Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Fighter --- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Monk ------ XXXXXXXX (8)
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Ranger ---- XXXX (4)
Rogue ----- XXXX (4)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

The easydamus test seems like a better representation of me.

Neutral good human paladin

Spoiler

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (25)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Elf ------ XXXXXX (6)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXX (8)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXX (8)
Half-Orc - XXXXXX (6)

Class:
Barbarian - XXXXXX (6)
Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Cleric ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Druid ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Fighter --- XXXXXX (6)
Monk ------ XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Ranger ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Rogue ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Took the angelfire/whatever test and it showed I am a Lawful Good Human Cleric. YEAH HEXEN!!!

Also I tried out easydamus and I got Neutral Good Human Wizard/Cleric (1st/1st Level):

(still a Cleric, yeah!!!)

Spoiler

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (25)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXX (4)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaos --- XXX (3)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
Barbarian - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Bard ------ XXXXXXXX (8)
Cleric ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Fighter --- XXXX (4)
Monk ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Ranger ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Rogue ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXX (8)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)

Point is, I am Cleric! These surveys were pretty fun to complete and read the results.  :)

And I got pretty close to getting Elf, who I like as a race, but I guess Human is the perfect choice for me.

Haven't played in years. I was more often a DM than a player, but I have a fond spot for the Chaotic Evil Female Assassin I played in a one off tournment. She managed to win by ignoring the adventure and back stabbing the rest of the party, good times.

My favorite character was a 2 foot tall Halfling Lore Bard in a friends's custom campaign that specialized in illusions, deception and manipulating people.  Due to the DM's propensity towards unbalanced chaos, he eagerly shoved Decks of Many Things our way.  From some lucky card draws and magic item grabs, this bard accumulated up to 26 Charisma (+16 in Deception rolls); like 23 AC (28 with the Shield spell); and a pet War Elephant, a perfect pet for a 2 foot Halfling.  The only balancing force against this overpowered and unstoppable bard was the fact that the DM threw stuff like Lava Dragons at us, monsters from unofficial monster D&D supplement books.  In the end, it wasn't a monster that did him in, it was the fact that he greedily drew from the Deck again, got an unlucky draw, and then he immediately exploded.

---

I took the two silly quizzes:

According to the first quiz, i'm a Lawful Good Gnome Fighter

According to the second quiz, i'm a True Neutral Human Fighter - i'm glad i took that very long quiz to find out that i'm basically vanilla toast with high base stats.

I've only played twice, once with the board version and once with just paper and dice and someone who knew how to DM. I chose human mage as my player both times because I'm boring.

The game is tons of fun and sometimes downright hilarious, I wish I had more opportunities to play.

I got the opportunity to play a campaign in my last year of High School. My character was a magic user-fighter combo Elf who's main weapon was a short-bow (later purchased a crossbow), and I'm not sure how I'd rank him morally. I was the only person in the group to get invested enough to make a costume and wear it during sessions! We didn't play our campaign in one sitting, instead having to split it up into hour-long segments once every two weeks. The Dungeon Master setup what I understand was a short campaign, and we weren't able to finish it due to the fact that we only had a month and a half left in the school year... The campaign ended with our party getting trapped underneath a retractable bridge in a Dwarven mine before we had even engaged anything within the final (only) dungeon. I wish the Dungeon Master had given us our character sheets back, I would totally use it if I found a group in university.

It was so much fun describing the gruesome ways in which enemies were defeated when someone scored a critical roll: "I will shoot the goblin with my crossbow!" rolls dice, "The enemy has exploded, spraying it's guts everywhere!"

Loved my totally over-powered 2nd edition "battle mage" Vargas. He had major INT/DEX so I started out as a Fighter to give him a good hitpoint buffer, switched at Fighter level 3 to become a Rogue and pick up some leet skills (practically flew up in level in this class as the rest of the band was levelling to 4 and 5), switched againt to Wizard at Rogue level 5 and went all-out wizard from there. Man he kicked ass. Also dug my slave-turned-slaver anti-paladin Xelvorok, but that's another story.

Currently playing Warner: a LN dwarven fighter/thief (5/6) and having a blast not being the DM.

All time favorite character was my human wizard Bodanay who I made it up to 13th level over the 10 years or so that I played him.

Conrad von Ludendorf 

ex-imperial guard, ex planetary defense force, now working for the inquisition.

Essentially a fighter with a heavy stubber, power armor, insane spot and listen skills, and an affiliation with explosives.

My job in the party is to shoot things and keep the squishier characters from getting killed. Kind of a John McClane gun-guy meathead with a tendency for one-liners. 

Spoiler

Yeah we're playing a 40K setting with D&D 3.5 - so sue me. We've played a bunch of settings, from vanilla D&D to high-tier Sigil fuckery, to being vampires or goblins, to all-human low-magic Arabic-style campaigns, etc. and 40K seemed like a good change and chance to do some gunplay and fight tyranids/chaos/orcs

The favorite of all my D&D characters:

RLrql6X.jpg

Glock the Clock - Modron tout ranger in Sigil - talked like a robot, constantly calculating 'variables' and equations, but learned Sigil slang as he went so ended up dropping words like "cutter" and "blood" into his very static vocalizations

On 11.10.2017 at 0:04 AM, Megalyth said:

That's a bad-ass character name.

Thanks bro. Here's a drawing I did of him.

EHm9vw6.png

The chestplate armor design is pretty much copied from some european (I think) prince's armor who died at 15, before the piece was finished. I forget the particulars, saw it in a science mag some time in the late 80's.

Spoiler

YOU ARE A: Chaotic Good Halfling Bard

Race:
      Human: 5.8
      Elf: 2.6
      Dwarf: 10.5
      Halfling: 19.9
      Gnome: -13.6
      Half-Orc: -11.1

Class:
      Barbarian: -2.4
      Bard: 48.3
      Cleric: -4.6
      Druid: 16
      Fighter: 1.9
      Monk: -13.8
      Paladin: 22.2
      Ranger: -6.6
      Rogue: -4.9
      Sorceror: 26.4
      Wizard: -13.3

Alignment:
      Lawful: 25
      Neutral: 4.3
      Chaotic: 32.4

Good: 31
      Neutral: 16
      Evil: 8.8

I bought the D&D Starter Set some time ago but haven't taken it upon myself to actually play it just yet.