Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

DMT: The Spirit Molecule

"The Spirit Molecule investigates dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an endogenous psychoactive compound, which exists in humans and numerous species of plants and animals."

I stumbled upon this interesting documentary on Yoututbe about DMT and thought I should share it.

Edited by Avoozl

All I can think of when I hear DMT is this:

I've never taken DMT and don't have any plans to, but I'll put that documentary on as I fall asleep tonight, looks like an interesting watch.

I caught this on Netflix a while ago. I knew Joe Rogan would be involved before I even started watching it, I remember a stand-up comic (I think it was Doug Stanhope) telling a story about smoking DMT with him and hearing about his advocacy.

It's interesting and intense stuff, to say the least. I smoked it a few times some years ago and it was the most insane trip I've ever experienced other than extracted salvia. I don't think I'd do it again though, it's just a bit too much for my brain these days. I can't even handle weed anymore.

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

All I can think of when I hear DMT is this:

Thank you for this.

I get worried for people I hear are taking DMT. I've seen people become far stranger than they used to be after using it for prolonged amounts of time, more so than LSD.

2 hours ago, MrGlide said:

I get worried for people I hear are taking DMT. I've seen people become far stranger than they used to be after using it for prolonged amounts of time, more so than LSD.

You take DMT every night you sleep, maaaaaan.

I thought this was gonna be a Goatlord thread, where he starts talking about the endless and crazy possibilities of DMT in the medicinal industry and possibly the key to unveiling the exact architecture of the brain's inner workings and effects on the body

FTFY

2 hours ago, MrGlide said:

I've never taken LSD beyond a few hits, so I don't know what it can do in high doses. I imagine it can be a bad time.

I've heard DMT referred to as "the business-man's trip", probably because it doesn't last more than a few minutes, and it tends to have a calming after-effect, like you've just peered into the deepest reaches of the universe and your life's little problems seem miniscule by comparison (in my experience anyway).

But like anything, it shouldn't be abused. Having your vision explode into a fractal Kaleidoscope and leaving your body on a regular basis is probably not a good idea if you want to maintain your sanity.

The main thing I took away from my DMT experience is that I know nothing.

Kinda funny though, since that didn't stop me from being just as idiotic as anyone else in their early 20s.