Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Broken Door

Question

Hi guys,

I dont know why this is happening but I made a door and it doesnt seem to open, rather just sinks in the ground like an inch then goes back to normal while making a closing door sound.  That is the best I can explain it.  This hasnt happened to me in my other wads so any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Yeah, one of the surrounding sectors apparently has the same ceiling height as the door does when closed.

-------

EDIT: exactly as we thought. Delete sector 97 (hover on it in db2 and press delete).

-------

Edited by bzzrak : emphasized

Delete the sectors connected to the left & right sides of your door, the Door will try to Raise to the nearest ceiling and likely failed because there are sectors connected to left & right sides of your Door sector.

6 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Delete the sectors connected to the left & right sides of your door, the Door will try to Raise to the nearest ceiling and likely failed because there are sectors connected to left & right sides of your Door sector.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2893aaga37ag243/UAC BASE.wad

I included the link to the wad, Im not quite sure what you meant.  I have other doors made the same way and they arent doing it.  What other sectors?

Some of your doors don't have the Door_Open (or Door_Generic) linedef action applied to them, that is the issue.

EDIT : also please specify which door, supply a screenshot or something.

2 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Some of your doors don't have the Door_Open (or Door_Generic) linedef action applied to them, that is the issue.

The one that is broken does tho.  The sector tag matches and it has the Door_Generic action applied

There's two ways to fix this.

1: You can delete the sectors that are to the Left and Right of the Door, this way the problem is fixed.

2: If you need those sectors for some apparent reason, you can just UP the sectors, by this i mean don't have the wall DOWN as usual. (Its hard to explain but once you do it its pretty easy)