Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

ZTDM Ends

2 hours ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Stuff

It's not about a penalty for "being unmotivated" it's about following the policy set forth in the rules (1 point for no games done in 7 days) to prevent a complete stagnation of games being played. Remember, other teams are depending on your being around, either to chat with or play with as part of the competitive environment. Simply being around, posting in the topic, being in discord, even if you don't play, and communicating is better than doing nothing.

True, and man.. I need to jump on this wagon.

Just been too busy at work, will at least try to get on discord soon and go from there.

ps, old DM player as you might know.

Cheers

Div 2 got some matches done last night

Mondobizarro finally switched his partner and got some games done.

Autistic Doomers vs Vinegar on Salad (AD wins 2-1)

Autistic Doomers vs Black Sheep (AD wins 2-0)

Black Sheep vs Skrawtondreddnut (SD wins 2-0)

Thanks for getting some games done, gotta update the demo post! This weekend is slated to have a bunch of games being played in Div 1, looking forward to seeing these games!

Update!

Galactus broke up with D'Sparil, so D'Sparil hooked up with Dragon and pulled a 2-0 win over 2ez4daPros

Demo post updated, and we have several games happening tonight, stay tuned!

Div 2 has merged: http://challonge.com/vfsydd4z

play as many games as you can until the end of oct 22nd (next sunday). Top 4 move on to stage 2

Ggs all; wp on the close games tonight, everybody fought tooth and nail to the bitter end and they were some very entertaining games to watch/play! Gl to all teams as the tourney rolls on and major props to kprice4 and 42percenthealth for being the most active div 2 team. Hopefully the merger nets you guys some wins, but either way I hope you two have been having a good time; your effort to get in there and get your games done is admirable :) I look forward to our match, and hopefully many more frags between us in the future!

Absolutely atrocious map selection by WCW in the tie-breaker. I was confident that our limited knowledge of dgoth18 (collectively, since I have next to none) would be enough to make it work as a curve-ball selection, but Mr. Glide was more interested in smashing chairs with the SSG. We completely collapsed. I dropped the ball in UDM3 badly, as well, feeding my feeble wheels to the Glidekid machine in the last 90 seconds of the game to basically gift them the win at 75 - 74. Marcaek's Canadian frame couldn't carry me over the finish line.

Need to get some wins on the board or this party is over. @dew and @loveless we are coming for you. The procession of wheels approaches.

That match on UDM3 was really crazy, so close. Great games and lots of fun playing with you guys!

Oh, and by the way Decay, Doomkid and I thought really hard on our team name, and he's all aborde for our team name being Sausage Shack. He loved it!

God damnit what happened to DoomGeriatrics, what is this sausage business

Edited by Doomkid

Roller coaster evening of 2v2s. Saltmine and fm33 finally got their month underway versus our team and were duly dispatched in UDM3 and skirmish, though not without some frustrations on my end. Without my customary Australian breakfast I was really out of sorts, missing some very basic SSG shots and really blundering around the maps. Marcaek, thankfully, was in a better mental space. Not too testing, in the end. 2 - 0.

One bowl of superfoods and a cup of coffee later and we were ready for the next matchup versus Maronna's Team. We lost... badly. I don't know what was in those red lentils but it can't have been very nourishing, because we were totally outplayed on UDM3 and likewise on our excellent curveball selection in eondm (sound familiar?). In the first game we were gelling very poorly as a team and fell prey to their better aim and cooperation. The trend continued into the second game where we were dismayed to discover that they had a more-than-basic understanding of how the map works. 0 - 2. The wheels stopped spinning. Exasperated sighs.

Morale was low at camp wheelchair. For whatever reason, we decided to jump into the server again where dew and loveless were waiting to slay us after a bit of practice. We played quite well, however — a surprising turn — though it seemed to me that team Vinegar was more off the ball than we were on, dropping quickly behind the pace on their own selection of lazarus. Probably, we were as surprised at our performance as they were of theirs. DBAB was smooth enough. I had seen it turn wine into vinegar a couple of times before and felt confident going in. All up, a lucky break. 2 - 0. Glad to have gotten that match-up out of the way!

EDIT: Holy shit I just rewatched the demo vs dew and loveless and I didn't actually get off the deck until the end of the first minute of game 1. Really poor start. The scores looked even between Marcaek and I at the end but it flatters my performance. He totally carried the first two thirds of the game, picking off our opponents in the BFG room. Sweet wheels on that Canadian for sure.

Edited by Alfonzo : Embarrassing discovery

Some really excellent matches played this weekend, we went from like no games done all week to like 8 done over the weekend, great work, now I have a lot of post editing to do for the demos mannnnnnnn that's a lot to add in.

I might've goofed putting Stipsi and im1hpu0 in div2, but we'll see how things pan out. Some teams need to be more cohesive to overcome better fire power, and too often I saw some serious rushing into the fray for no real reason, resulting in needless deaths. Remember, play smart, not hard.

it's also not a grand idea to bank on underplayed maps for a victory; best to just stick with what you know plays to your strengths well, and what you have practiced.

55 minutes ago, Decay said:

I might've goofed putting Stipsi and im1hpu0 in div2, but we'll see how things pan out.

Obviously I'm not familiar with their abilities beyond what I saw during our games and the practice ones ahead of them, but we felt they were gettable. We just played dumb, lazy 2v2. I could actually feel the stupid overtaking my game like some sort of unwanted emergency protocol. Once it had seeped into the circuits, it was only going to go downhill.

I think we'll see some good games versus patience and fonze (get a team name god dammit so I can make puns) and even any of the other teams currently in the top half if they focus in the way that we didn't. 

WoodPecker, our game was the toughest one we had yet (though Caution/Goblin were pretty tough on Laz too); I had fun.

I've updated the demo post, it now includes all the div 1 demos that have been submitted so far, and with most of the games in div 1 complete, that's a lot of demos. Tons of games have been played on the way to the final date of stage 1; looking forward to stage 2!

This is the last weekend to play games in the round robin stage! In Division 1, the top 8 teams will move on to the playoffs, and in division 2, only the top 4. For people who haven't played many games yet especially in div 2 @ShotgunDemolition and @Battle_Kirby better get your act together if you want move forward.

Good luck all!

Here's a huge shout-out to kprice and 42Percent who have held fast throughout this tournament despite the put-downs on the scoreboard. Plenty of other teams picked and chose when to meet as agreed, but these guys continued to front up even as the death toll continued to rise. That's commitment. I hope to see you both again when the next tourney rolls around; and particularly 42Percent, who is shaping up as a very capable player.

Looking forward to the elimination finals. Gonna go shine those wheels.

Edited by Alfonzo

Just one thing to say: Zandronum 3.0 netcode is hilarious garbage.

9 hours ago, dew said:

Just one thing to say: Zandronum 3.0 netcode is hilarious garbage.

but high pingers get an advantage........................

Anyway today is the last day for round 1, only a few matches remain, total, so good job most people for playing games

I've seen the bugtracker ticket, the idea that unlagged gets progressively worse as the game goes on is almost hilariously stupid, but sadly it seems to fit my experience.

The 1st stage is now complete. Good games to everybody who played, and congrats to though who move forward to stage 2, Elimination.

Here are the brackets for stage 2: http://challonge.com/ss5hpe2y

Some additional things.

DEMOS; Everybody has been pretty great with submitting demos, please continue to do so. However, I am missing some!

You have 1 week maximum to conclude your match; however, you can play your games as fast as you like.

The semi-finals and finals will be a best 3 out of 5 games instead of best 2 out of 3.

If you schedule a game, please post the agreed time on the forums so it can be easily seen; if a team does not make it to the scheduled/agreed on time without prior notice, at the end of the week if the game is not yet played they will be up for forfeiture.

Div 2 teams; you have your work cut out for you! Good luck in facing the Div 1 teams. Div 1 teams; good luck in the upcoming matches!