Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Ambient Sounds

OK. So I've made a new ZDoomHexen level and I've added a sound info that looks like this:

fuzzz fuzzz

$AMBIENT 9 fuzzz POINT CONTINUOUS 1.0

I don't know if I've did it right or not, but I also imported the sound FUZZZ from hellfact.wad. Whenever I load up the level, ZDoom crashes and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Seems I had that problem at one time - try this:

$AMBIENT 9 fuzzz POINT 1.0 CONTINUOUS 1.0

The 1.0 after POINT is attentuation. When I looked there is a function Randy uses to see if what follows is a valid floating point number and looks like that sometimes (for whatever reason) doesn't work right.

Assuming of course that nothing else is wrong:)

DooMBoy said:

OK. So I've made a new ZDoomHexen level and I've added a sound info that looks like this:

fuzzz fuzzz

$AMBIENT 9 fuzzz POINT CONTINUOUS 1.0

I don't know if I've did it right or not, but I also imported the sound FUZZZ from hellfact.wad. Whenever I load up the level, ZDoom crashes and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that. Either it's because fuzzz isn't in capital letters, the sound you imported is not right or your version of ZDoom is old.