Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ResidentEvilGod

text screens in between maps

Question

I've finished working on a single level wad that replaces map01 of Doom II and I'm trying to figure out how to put a text screen after the end of the level (like the screens in levels 7, 12, 21, and 30). The editor I'm using is SLADE and I've tried following other's instructions before but I cant get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

I'm no expert but I have worked on this myself.

It's important to know what Sourceport you are mapping for and what editor you are using.

I used GZDoom and Slade. I created a Mapinfo, copy and pasted all the classic maps/paths of the original Doom 2 wad and made changes from there. There should be a part where you can add where a cinematic text screen will appear (I believe at the very bottom).

1 hour ago, Chezza said:

I'm no expert but I have worked on this myself.

It's important to know what Sourceport you are mapping for and what editor you are using.

I used GZDoom and Slade. I created a Mapinfo, copy and pasted all the classic maps/paths of the original Doom 2 wad and made changes from there. There should be a part where you can add where a cinematic text screen will appear (I believe at the very bottom).

Everything works fine, except my text is to long for a single line and gets cut off by the screen. And when I try putting the remaining text on additional lines it doesn't work.

Edited by ResidentEvilGod : mistake

There's different ways to do the text lines depending on if you do them in DeHackEd, MAPINFO, or LANGUAGE. I am assuming you are using MAPINFO, so this is the syntax for multi-lined text screens:

cluster 1
{
	flat = "SOMETHING"
	music = "SOME MUSIC"
	exittext =
		"THIS IS ABOUT AS LONG AS A LINE CAN BE",
		"THERE NEEDS TO BE A COMMA",
		"",
		"THAT IS HOW YOU SKIP A LINE",
		"BUT NO COMMA AT THE END"
}

39 minutes ago, Nevander said:

There's different ways to do the text lines depending on if you do them in DeHackEd, MAPINFO, or LANGUAGE. I am assuming you are using MAPINFO, so this is the syntax for multi-lined text screens:

cluster 1
{
	flat = "SOMETHING"
	music = "SOME MUSIC"
	exittext =
		"THIS IS ABOUT AS LONG AS A LINE CAN BE",
		"THERE NEEDS TO BE A COMMA",
		"",
		"THAT IS HOW YOU SKIP A LINE",
		"BUT NO COMMA AT THE END"
}

Thank you so much! Works fine now!