Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jet Buster - $6.99 until November 1

I'm gonna probably receive a lot of hate over the art style, the genre and theme but it doesn't hurt to try to post it here. Here's a little game i've been working on that's coming this month, I put aside all my doom time for it.

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/618070/Jet_Buster/?beta=0

Itch.io: https://jackdarx.itch.io/jet-buster

Jet Buster is a 90s anthro shmup tribute that's also a tribute to the less appreciated cute-em'up subgenre, featuring a YM2151 soundtrack by HeavyViper and lots, lots of cute things to blow up.
It's also a lot more accessible compared to Zenohell and Zenodyne R, our casual testers had no problems beating normal mode in a couple of days with little practice.

Here's the thing list:

- 5 Characters with completely different playstyles.

- The game is balanced around Normal mode, however there's an expert mode if you seek the extra challenge.

- 7 stages full of hyper cute-em'up action.

- Multiform bosses that don't go down that easily!

- A rocking positive YM2151 Soundtrack made by HeavyViper!

- Wallpapers! Yep they are part of the game, and the game's trading cards on Steam.

- Not just TATE but also aspect ratio support!
* Note: We currently support 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 and 3:4 (NATIVE)

Oh and if you enjoy the soundtrack? You can check it out here: https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com/album/jet-buster-original-soundtrack

Edited by Alter

I'm admittedly not into shmups or furry stuff, but either way, congratulations on getting your game on Steam! c:

Reminds me of Zenohell. :-) And Zenodyne. You need to leave that Gmoose engine to make your games feel different. Its your 4th game in 2 years with this engine. Heck there was a free game before Zenohell and I played that one too.

Hopefully its easier or different than both Zenodyne and Zenohell. I like how they play, the problem is the game stagnates easily, there's just not that much diversity and its always intense with no easy moments to enjoy the game. It doesn't ease up. Its just always intense.

I went through both games and Zenohell was just grueling. Unlimited continues, I just kept going until I beat the game in 30 minutes and since the game was so brutal it stopped being fun at 5 minutes. It was at a level that made me wonder if you even played your own game, but I've seen videos of people going through, so it must be possible. Zenodyne was far more challenging since there are limited continues. I felt happy there were limited continues.

I hate to rain on your two games, but they were a struggle to enjoy, so I never tried the third one.

Jet Buster is easier than the other two games (three actually), it's been designed that way. There's no grind involved either.

Edited by Alter

Celebratory Bump! It's already out, on both Steam and itch.io, it's $6.99 until November 1.

Not my style of gameplay at all, but I really dig the art style; really clean, bright colors, and easy to read, which is exactly what you'd want when twitch reflexes are required.

I also must congratulate you on creating and releasing a game, that is always an accomplishment.

I must ask, is this your first game on Steam and Itch.io? If so, how do your sales compare between the two? Do you typically sell more on Steam?

51 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

Not my style of gameplay at all, but I really dig the art style; really clean, bright colors, and easy to read, which is exactly what you'd want when twitch reflexes are required.

I also must congratulate you on creating and releasing a game, that is always an accomplishment.

I must ask, is this your first game on Steam and Itch.io? If so, how do your sales compare between the two? Do you typically sell more on Steam?

Technically fourth game on Steam and itch.io (though one of them I only published). On itch.io I always sell up to 25 copies before it goes completely dry, why do I put up my games on itch.io then? So I can preserve DRM-free copies of my games, since Steam won't be around forever. And usually the people who get it on itch.io tend to be the most positive customers.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:31 AM, Alter said:

I'm gonna probably receive a lot of hate over the art style, the genre and theme

I'll bite. It's trash art and creepy because deep down no matter how hard I try to be a tolerant adult, I know it's a sexual fetish, and that rather than keep private like a normal human being it has to be advertised outwardly at all times. 

Well Deep Space Waifu is one of the only indie shmups to sell well, its probably best to go with the theme. Furries do buy things in droves as well as get hate. So there are pros and cons.

As for selling 25 copies on itch.io... consider yourself lucky. There are quite a lot of horror stories floating around about itch.io lacking sales.

Steam will be around forever. They make 30% doing nothing but operating servers. They don't even need a product anymore when they are a store. The only competition would be if EA or Activision suddenly decided to sell more indiegames. They'd have a foothold of releasing fresh games while Valve holds onto specific games that are 10 or so years old now.

Edited by geo

Is there anything sexual about these pictures on Steam? I just see something cartoony\cutesy.

20 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Is there anything sexual about these pictures on Steam? I just see something cartoony\cutesy.

It's a (sub)culture, I dare you to google image search "furry"

1 hour ago, Da Werecat said:

Okay, but is there anything obscene about this particular game?

I don't think so. I'm not sure if I gave that impression or someone else did, but it seems perfectly G rated just with furries. Someone else mentioned the fetish aspect of it.

It's just a guy talking about something when his only knowledge about it comes from his own prejudices, nothing else to it.

Heh, the whole furry culture argument. I dunno man, it's just an artstyle. Good portion of it's rooted in sexual things but I've seen some damn cool artwork spurring out of it that was non-sexual. And as for a shmup, I mean it's an unique thing it's got goin for it, and I appreciate. Too bad at shmups to buy it tho. Good luck on gettin more sales hopefully! :)