Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chewyninja69

Any famous people/celebrities who like/love Doom, Doom 2, etc.?

5 hours ago, Revved said:

I know Mike Nelson from MST3K was quite a fan back in the day, and I even saw a video on YouTube of him playing deathmatch at a convention with another MSTie.

2 hours ago, Revae said:

He mentions it in an episode too. One of the bots is making fun of his character for having been a temp and he's like "it was a pretty sweet gig, pretty much just hung out and played Doom..."

He's talking about the character, but he probably wouldn't even have mentioned it if he wasn't a fan to some extent. 

During the Sci-Fi era they would host online chatrooms with cast and fans and they would mention their opinions on popular games and id software titles frequently came up

The big one at the time was still Quake so that came up some times, I think they may have hosted a game at a time but I can't be sure.

2 hours ago, Brewtal_Legend said:

Something about the way he described Doom in that part and the fact that he was holding up his hands like he was using a controller made it seem like he was lying/faking about growing up playing doom when he was younger. I'm sure he played it right before filming to get an idea of what it was about, and maybe still plays now. But I really doubt his sincerity in that interview. 

Seeing as though there's a hell of a lot of console ports it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume he played one of them, didn't DOS Doom support the 5 million different gamepads that were all the craze during the 90's as well (the gamepad being easier to understand to casual players at the time over mouse and keyboard)? I never really played Doom PC in its infancy as I picked it up off the PS1 myself.

But besides that yeah I see your point, he very well could've just bullshit that entire interview as Dwayne doesn't strike me as much of a gamer.

1 hour ago, geo said:

When he did an interview with Connan for another movie, he mentioned he's also doing Doom. What character are you playing? I'm the guy! he said or something similar. No he wasn't. I'd say Bones was "Doomguy.

I'm probably giving him too much credit, but he could have said that to throw off the audience. The 'twist' I guess you could say was that the Rock's character became that bad guy. Though it's more likely that he said that for marketing reasons.

10 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I don't know if this counts but History channels Modern Marvels always had a Doom door sound effect of it closing, for their intermission.

I think some of Doom's sounds came from a public sound library or something of the sort; I believe there's a thread around here somewhere with folks posting "Doom" sounds from other shows/games/whatnot

...Also I'm pretty famous and I play Doom so

14 hours ago, Jamins34 said:

I'm probably giving him too much credit, but he could have said that to throw off the audience. The 'twist' I guess you could say was that the Rock's character became that bad guy. Though it's more likely that he said that for marketing reasons.

That could be or he just didn't know at the time. Doom? Sure sign me up! ... never thinking there's an actual cast, because Doom has only 1 guy, but Doom 3 has a few.

Cyriak. You know, the cows, cows & cows guy. He's even made some REALLY amazing wads for Doom 2, such as "The Eye" and the megawad "Going Down" (one of my all time favorites).

Wow, didn't even know Cyriak made Doom WADs. I was just checking Going Down and amazed how original use of texture/little details and also the concept. And I've played a lot of highly detailed Doom WADs, this still comes as very original in the use/combination of the textures/sectors. God, how didn't I know of this wad?

Rammstein's drummer is a big Doom fan going way back, and even goes by the name Christoph "Doom" Schneider. He has said he picked it because he was a fan of the game.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, AsianMammoth said:

Cyriak. You know, the cows, cows & cows guy. He's even made some REALLY amazing wads for Doom 2, such as "The Eye" and the megawad "Going Down" (one of my all time favorites).

Who?

1 hour ago, DoctorGenesis said:

Who?

Search him on Youtube. Known for bazaar and strange videos with his unique editing. It turns out he is also a big fan of Doom and even created a renown Megawad called "Going Down".

Just now, Da Werecat said:

Was there a fruit cart scene I wonder?

There is definitely a scene with a shopping trolley. Just more with the times.

Was going to mention Trent Reznor, but apparently he's been mentioned already. But I know Christoph Schneider (the drummer of Rammstein) at least used to play Doom. Whether he still does or not, I can't say.