Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

can't see fuzz effect in Gzdoom

Hellow! 

I'm trying to see heretic mummys with this effect like spectres with no luck. I don't know if spectre fuzz effect are working in doom game (need to try)

In display menu in Gzdoom there are two options i can see, and they are: activate the effect and select what style of effect.

The other thing i toched is the gzdoom.pk3. Inside the pk3 i find the zscripts folder and inside the heretic folder with the definition text file i edited: mummy.txt

Inside the file, under the gosht def, i paste the definition spectre has (renderer "opfuzzy" alpha 5) over the original "translucency") but ingame nothing change. The gosht mummys are translucents as always they are.

Someome can help me?

Regards!

Directly editing gzdoom.pk3 is not recommended. Anyways, why don't you try "fuzzy" instead of "optfuzzy"?

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Directly editing gzdoom.pk3 is not recommended. Anyways, why don't you try "fuzzy" instead of "optfuzzy"?

I did it too. But optfuzzy it's the way spectre is. I edit gzdoom.pk3 because i don't know another way to edit this definition. You know some other way?

"optfuzzy" is "optionally fuzzy" because you can turn off the fuzz effect in your user settings. "fuzzy" is always fuzzy.

The proper way is not to edit the core definitions, but to replace them with new actors that can be derived from them.

So something like this DECORATE code:

Actor MummySpectre : MummyGhost replaces MummyGhost { RenderStyle Fuzzy }
Actor MummyLeaderSpectre : MummyLeaderGhost replaces MummyLeaderGhost { RenderStyle Fuzzy }

Put these two lines in a file named DECORATE.TXT, and load it alongside Heretic, and you should see that the ghost golems are now fuzzy (regular, solid golems are still opaque as normal).

4 hours ago, Gez said:

"optfuzzy" is "optionally fuzzy" because you can turn off the fuzz effect in your user settings. "fuzzy" is always fuzzy.

The proper way is not to edit the core definitions, but to replace them with new actors that can be derived from them.

So something like this DECORATE code:

Actor MummySpectre : MummyGhost replaces MummyGhost { RenderStyle Fuzzy }
Actor MummyLeaderSpectre : MummyLeaderGhost replaces MummyLeaderGhost { RenderStyle Fuzzy }

Put these two lines in a file named DECORATE.TXT, and load it alongside Heretic, and you should see that the ghost golems are now fuzzy (regular, solid golems are still opaque as normal).

It work!

It's necessary start a new game (not loading one)

thanks a lot!

Edited by WARDUST

More precisely it's necessary to load a new level. Your savegame for the current level includes all the data about all the actors, which means that it contains references to the golems and their renderstyles as they were when you saved it. To see changes you have to get into a new level.