Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RELEASE] Skulldash: Expanded Edition

I'm not sure if it's because of people downloading or not, but I have spotted that the site is on a bit of a go slow right now. If you can't seem to access the site, try again in a few minutes. :)

503 error: too many people trying to download the mod from the site? :)

now it works, nevermind

Anyway: from the video seems an astounding piece of mod.

Cannot wait to play it!

Yeah it seems like a lot of people are trying to download this! I recieved teh same error myself. Just refresh the page if it happens.

Awesome, I hope my laptop will run this mod and I'm planning to download this later ;)

Also, congratulations on release. I believe, it was hard work to fix all visible and invisible issues. 

I don't know if it's just me but the archive seems damaged, can't extract it, Redownloaded it twice and it didn't work (unexpected end of archive).

9 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

I don't know if it's just me but the archive seems damaged, can't extract it, Redownloaded it twice and it didn't work (unexpected end of archive).

I've downloaded it and extracted it just fine. Maybe your connection is corrupting data. Also, make sure you use 7zip to extract it.

@dmg_64 if you continue to have issues I will pop you a temporary alternate link via PM later today. I'm currently not anywhere near a computer so I hope it works in the meantime.

Another idea is to try from a different browser, or a different connection if at all possible. :)

@Remmirath Still getting the same error with 7zip.

@Dragonfly Tried different browser, I tried both Chrome and Mozila so far and they didn't work, still getting the same error, a different link would be so appreciated, maybe on Dropbox or Mediafire :p

46 minutes ago, Dreadopp said:

Congrats on the expansion's release, Dragonfly!

Now to go check out all the new goodies. :)

I suggest the community map 'world devastation' the guy that made that was awesome.

39 minutes ago, AtroNx said:

Was..? D: Though, yes, that map is fantastic.

Well, considering the tone of the map, he clearly isn't around anymore!

It was much fun to be part of this project and to see it developed in real time over Twitch. Thanks for having me on board, Dragonfly, and well done for getting this baby out! *\o/*

Thank you to all the people who have congratulated myself and the others involved, and another thank you to all the people who have downloaded Skulldash already!

For anyone having trouble downloading this, I've added a link onto MediaFire, meaning people who have been having a hard time downloading from the Skulldash website have an alternate option!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jp6qvurzy2vwmdt/SkulldashExpandedEdition.zip

Congratulations on the release Dragonfly, I didn't realise this had been such a long time in the works. I didn't play this first time around, but I've seen too many great screenshots that I'll have to Dash Through It this time.

When I was idcleving through I noticed the sky on MAP25 doesn't tile, but I was using the truecolour software renderer in GZ 3.2.1 (I'm a lazy sod who hasn't replaced his graphics drivers yet) - is this specifically an OpenGL only mod?

I suppose the text file isn't too clear on that point, apologies. Yeah, where Skulldash used to be quite supporting of software renderers, it was causing problems during development (and would have resulted in a couple of scrapped community maps, due to their extensive use of portals), so it was later decided that hardware rendering is the intended way to play. The main-game maps should be beatable in software with only a few graphical hiccups at worst, but when it comes to the community expansion it's more or less required to be played in OpenGL.

...I know this is a subjective stance, but the mod generally looks best in OpenGL anyway ;)

I ran through the first three tiers. I have a full sea of impressions. I most appreciate the architecture in the maps, and here it is on top! In everything I see I feels, how much work is invested in this project. The gameplay is very dynamic, in the first couple of many tokens can not be found. This is clearly not for one pass.

Hmm ... It's strange that you did not mention your "Nightlife" map in the txt-file. As I understand it, you have a lot of projects released since 2005. I'll try to find all a bit later and add to my colllection. I think if you create a special web page with huge screenshots of each map for all time, it would look gorgeous! :D

Hey big congrats on the release!

Couple of questions for you:

• Is there a cheat code to just unlock all maps?  There are certain maps that I don't like as much as others and I don't feel like finishing in order to unlock more maps.
  • The hub level has big slowdowns compared to the old version.  I'm wondering if that is something that is expected?  I'm running a i5-3570k and a AMD R9 290 and it drops below 60fps using Gzdoom 3.2.  I'm thinking it could be because of the dynamic level previews as you get close to each map's entrance?

I'd like to publicly announce that Skulldash has had over 1,600 downloads, 1,000 of which were in the first week! So, in light of this fact I believe a MASSIVE thank you is in order to all of you who have taken the time to play Skulldash! :)

Shout outs to @Dominic Tarason for posting an outstanding review on Rock, Paper, Shotgun!

I will be working on the 100% walkthrough (+dev commentary) videos in the near future, so watch this space for those if you were stuck on any levels.

Some of you spotted that the website was inaccessible and PMed me about it. Thank you for your continued interest in Skulldash!

The website was down due to a subsite on the same server having been compromised - I forgot I ever made this site which was mostly empty, but that didn't stop it becoming hacked and having 550 malicious PHP files dropped all over my websites - these files were what had taken down the Skulldash site. Knowing how boring it is to fix it, I put off the task... Oops!

I finally got around to fixing this. I spent a few hours today and have cleaned up my sites in a very methodical and meticulous process, and have removed the website that was hacked from my server entirely. As such, the Skulldash website is now back up and running.

Thank you to each and every one of you who contacted me about this issue, and for anyone left trying to download the mod, I thank you for your patience. :)

https://www.joshuaosullivan.co.uk/skulldash/

so is this supposed to not work with brutal doom? when i select both at the same time using ctrl and drag them onto zandronum, i get an error on the loading screen