Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PlinkyBits

Question about running WADs made in Doombuilder 2

Question

Hello, I'm new here. I hope this is the right place to post this.
I just recently wrapped my mind around being able to make levels for my all time favourite game, though I am finding issues with loading them in.

I have ZDoom and PrBoom+ installed in seperate locations, installing the latter after troubles with the first, and while they utilize the doom2.wad I have installed in their respective directories they do not load any maps I have made in DB2. I have looked around for a bit, and usually advice is to put in a .bat file with the -file command to run the map alongside the IWAD or to simply drag-n-drop it onto the zdoom.exe or prboom-plus.exe to no avail. All it seems to do is close the cmd line interface as soon as I run the .bat file and when I drag-n-drop it onto the exe's they just bring up Doom II.

What can I do? 

tldr; Dragging and dropping the .wad onto the .exe only opens up the doom2.wad I'm using. 

Edited by PlinkyBits

2 answers to this question

When you start a new game in a Doom 2 or Final Doom IWAD or PWAD, it loads a map named MAP01, and if it's a PWAD and a map named MAP01 doesn't exist in the PWAD, it loads MAP01 from the IWAD. Is your map named "MAP01"? If not, change its name in "Edit -> Map Options -> Level name".

Also, you can use Doom Builder 2's "Test Map" feature to launch the currently edited map in a port of your choice from within the editor.