Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

morning cartoons

when you where young what were your favorite cartoons? also what about favortie super heros?
mine are
cartoons:
classics, two stupid dogs, ren & stimpy(or anything made by its creator(S)) ninja turtels, some anime, transformers, and the roadkill show(banned after 4 months)
super heros:
all time fav... batman, I loved the animated series fox use to do.
spiderman and X-men second, just loved the action and sci-fi action.
I never really cared for super man, he seemed too powerful and such. plus no cool gear, batman has them all beat there.

the first season of Ren and Stimpy ruled.
I was young in the 70's, we had rehashed 40's cartoon mostly. You-all is spoiled now-a-dayzeh.
If you really want to know, I watched the StarTrek cartoon... when it was first shown. :P

Every saturday morning, from ages 5 through 14, I would watch The Bugs Buny & Tweety Show on ABC. Without Fail.

saturday morning cartoons have degraded in quality and quantity the last 4 years. I realy miss the good ones.

Heh

Insomniac speaks true :)

I used to watch Ghostbusters (the REAL Ghostbusters...not the lawsuit-dodging phonies that had a gorilla or something), Sesame Street, Transformers, G.I.Joe, Bugs Bunny and Tweety, Ren and Stimpy, Ninja Turtles, and probably a ton of other goodies i can't quite remember right now.

When I was about 2 years old or so I used to watch Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles. I think I may have watched some type on anime...But at like 5 years old, I watched transformers, and some anime show (i think).

I didn't really have any 'super-hero's' back then, and I never really have. But I did really like Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Miles/Tails.

i am still a big fan of the simpsons, however that is not a saturday morning cartoon. yea i watched some supermario, however even wierder was the nintendo power cartoon. it stared mario(all of em) mother brain from metriod, gameboy(the actuall thing) and a few other game bad guys. that was more of a 1/2 hour advertisement, come on a talking gameboy with a bad(then that was cool) attitude. yet at a young age i still watched it. also I remeber a cartoon where a kid changed into a car when he got hot, or maybe cold. Also an early favorite was this wierd cartoon call "my pet monster" also i watched alot of anime in the old country as well as some italian, soviet and german cartoons.

I remember that old Star Trek cartoon. Too bad there weren't more episodes.

Anyway, back then there was that, Voltron, Spiderman (the one with Iceman and Firestar), that other video game cartoon that had Pac-Man, Q*Bert, and I think Mario even made an appearance or two (but as the bad guy in Donkey Kong Jr.), and Bugs Bunny and Tweety show (which continued until just a couple of years ago).

A few years later there were Transformers, GI Joe, and sometimes Ninja Turtles. Every so often, when I was bored I'd change it to the Smurfs for a few minutes.

Later, there were Garfield, Ghostbusters, Ren and Stimpy, and sometimes X-Men.

Finally, before Saturday morning cartoons basically dried up completely, there were Ducktales and Darkwing Duck.

Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Okay, so it's not quite a cartoon. Sue me.

Other than that, Ninja Turtles and Transformers all the way. The two best things to come out of the 80's, besides Dino-Riders. And me.

Stuff I used to watch: Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, Batman, X-Men, Earthworm Jim, Banana Man and Tom and Jerry.

Never liked 1 fps anime. Reminds me of my old computer.

I liked Ninja Turtles a lot.

btw, i'm forced to watch morning cartoons even today, because my little brother watches them. Some of them almost drive me crazy: like Flipper and Lopaka. I like some of them though.

(Bah...the simpsons and family guy are prime time)

I used to watch GI JOE back in the day...ren and stimpy and rocko's modern life. Pee-wee's play house was wierd....when you're a kid, you just accept it, and see the entertainment, now, i look back....that show was definatly fucked up....it had to be the result of lots of drug usage...knowing "pee-wee" That could't be closer to the truth... he played a coke addict/dealer? in a cheech & chong movie....yeh, yeh, he was in another C&C movie too! damn...i haven't watched 'em in a while...better do that.

Anyway...I think cartoons today, suck....i'm sorry. But it seems american cartoon makers are trying to capitalize off the popularity of japanese anime...the japs can do it well, but the americans just try to hard....and it ends up sucking. on top of that, I can't believe i almost got sucked into the anime craze a couple years ago. Really, I can't stand most of it. It's NOT the animation either, that rocks, it's either the way the main characters are portrayed (drawn looks and character personality) and the shitty american dubbing. Thinking of Kenshin....if that's his name, from the samuri X series makes me gag.

I have to say though, that there is one anime I do enjoy, Ghost in the Shell of course

Tom and Jerry, most of the Donald Duck cartoons, Woody Woodpecker and Bugs Bunny.

"Eeeehh,*chewchewchew* what's up Doc?"

I miss Rocko's Modern Life. :( They HAD to replace with a bunch of new shitty crap! (Except for Invader Zim, that show kicks ass!!!) What's going on with Saturday Morning Cartoon?!? *sigh* I miss the old days of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mario and all those other cool shows...

Lizardcommando said:

Rocko's Modern Life.

Dude, I remember that show! it had that Kangaroo dude on it, i havent seen that in ages, 5 years actually...

I remember that I watched Swat Cats on Cartoon Network, man they kicked ass! The Centurions were also one of my favorite cartoons, but no.1 will always be Tom & Jerry. A few years later, the newest version of Johnny Quest came out on Cartoon Newtork. It was alright.

I watched the Super Mario show, Bugs bunny, the first seasons of DBZ, few animes, Simpsons. Even if I didn't learnt English back then, I really loved thoses shows.

My full list: (seeing as how it's saturday morning)

Earthworm Jim: Damn that show was funny. I think my dad liked it more than me.

The Tick: 'nuff said

Sonic the Hedgehog: Not the crappy one with the robot chicken, but the one with actual cahractors

The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show: The one with Bugs and that bull in Spain. Shit, that has got to be the best one ever!

Ghostbusters: TheHighestTree is right, not the crappy one , but the movie spinoff.

ReBoot: only one Doom refrence, but still that show kicked ass.

Pee - Wee's Playhouse: I must have missed this by about a year, but they were still showing it for a while when I was little.

Anything that came before ABC's 1 Saturday Morning lineup.

Nowadays, very few stations (with the exception of Cartoon Network and Canada's Teletoon & YTV) show decent cartoons.

Anyone else remember the live-action Mario show?

Transformers
GI Joe
TMNT
The Real Ghostbusters
Super Mario Show
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda
Captain N
Megaman
Sonic the Hedgehog
Donkey Kong Country
Gargoyles
The Tick
Earthworm Jim
Beast Wars
ReBoot

and a whole boat load of other cartoons I can't remember.